• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Madison Davenport (Nameless Star) recently recorded voice over for an unspecified project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
View attachment 12847

I don't know, I think convoluted is the right word to use for the series. I do think the series was easy to follow from 2002 to 2009, post that the presentation of the plot and characters went off the rails.
Nah, the series has a clear timeline of events. It isn't hard to follow at all. It just doesn't answer questions in a timely sense. It took us forever to find out what happened to Aqua in the RoD, for example (BBS in 2010, 0.2 in 2017, KH3 in 2019)

Awards
Nah, the series has a clear timeline of events. It isn't hard to follow at all. It just doesn't answer questions in a timely sense. It took us forever to find out what happened to Aqua in the RoD, for example (BBS in 2010, 0.2 in 2017, KH3 in 2019)
We kinda didn't need to find out what happened to Aqua in the RoD since Blank Points pretty much answered that.

She reached the Dark Margin and met AtW, and DDD's secret ending showed that she was still there, waiting.

The question was what happened once she saw Castle of Dreams in the RoD, and I'm pretty sure people thought that was never gonna happen cuz of BBS Volume 2's silent cancellation until 2.8 was announced.

2 quid is good

Awards
We kinda didn't need to find out what happened to Aqua in the RoD since Blank Points pretty much answered that.

Plot wise it might not have done much, and even actively worsened the plot retroactively speaking, but 0.2 really elevated Aqua's character a lot higher. I put a lot of importance on that to be honest and I think that facet should be noted as well when it comes to KH games, we shouldn't just value the plot and crazy twists I think.

Cumguardian69

Awards
But we did. The number one rule is show, don't tell. Cutscenes are some of the most expensive portions of game design but they are SO important to delivering a good story and ultimately a good game. It's not enough to show Aqua merely sitting on the beach. 0.2 easily catapulted her character *and her plight* to the forefront, and is why the Anti Aqua reveal garnered such a visceral reaction from the fanbase.

Awards
But we did. The number one rule is show, don't tell. Cutscenes are some of the most expensive portions of game design but they are SO important to delivering a good story and ultimately a good game. It's not enough to show Aqua merely sitting on the beach. 0.2 easily catapulted her character *and her plight* to the forefront, and is why the Anti Aqua reveal garnered such a visceral reaction from the fanbase.
I admit, my response was a poor one.

And you raise a good point.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I admit, my response was a poor one.

And you raise a good point.
No, your response was not a poor one. I see where you're coming from: 0.2 was about a 3 hr adventure whose beginning and ending we already knew from Blank Points, and the journey between them wasn't some blockbuster must-see for the franchise at large.

That being said, it provided much needed screentime to Aqua. It helped showcase Willa Holland's ability to sound muted and depressed in a positive sense, and it showed some of the inner workings of the realm of darkness.

By all accounts, it wasn't NECESSARY. But, as a mini-episode focused on a character, it was welcome

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Exactly!!! KH's reputation as a nearly impossible to understand story is literally just internet hearsay blown way out of proportion.

Like, because of it people literally expect to be horrifically confused from the first game alone!

And don't even get me started on the ones who exaggerate how many games there are.

And to add onto that as well, most of the "side games" are either movies or are important enough to warrant a port/remake so a wider audience can experience the stories that need to be told.

The ONLY game that would throw things for a loop is DDD because of time travel, but even then, it's basically like.... You can't go forward in time as your most current self, but you can go back in time where a version of yourself already exists. You also (presumably) can't change the past either, and once you return back to your own time, you forget all that transpired in the future, but remnants of those memories are etched in your heart.... Leading you down to take the eventual path your future self makes.

How in the world is that complicated lmao. That whole plot point just means nobody can pull a Doctor Who and clap four-year-old Sora on the beach. Sora messed with the natural order of the universe by using the Power of Waking to not only save lost hearts, but to ALSO reverse time right before they all fell, and look what's currently happened to him -- He's trapped in the Final World, presumably dead, and can't find a way back.

This is why DDD is extremely important for the series going forward, because while the characterization for Sora may not be optimal (although the kid got pretty serious once he know shit hit the fan), the elements introduced in DDD are major clues as to where we might be going. It's not a coincidence that the only Square Enix cameos in DDD were the TWEWY cast, and now Sora's in Shibuya. It's also not a coincidence that DDD introduced the Sleeping Worlds, and now Kairi in MoM seems to have been asleep for a year and is facing off against a guy in a black coat while searching for Sora... While in the Final World, a location closely related to sleep. Let's also not forget the KHUX story and how all of that comes into play. It's an extremely important game, nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and it's very interesting the more you look into it. It has its flaws, absolutely, but it's not a big ball of convolution.

Awards
And to add onto that as well, most of the "side games" are either movies or are important enough to warrant a port/remake so a wider audience can experience the stories that need to be told.

The ONLY game that would throw things for a loop is DDD because of time travel, but even then, it's basically like.... You can't go forward in time as your most current self, but you can go back in time where a version of yourself already exists. You also (presumably) can't change the past either, and once you return back to your own time, you forget all that transpired in the future, but remnants of those memories are etched in your heart.... Leading you down to take the eventual path your future self makes.

How in the world is that complicated lmao. That whole plot point just means nobody can pull a Doctor Who and clap four-year-old Sora on the beach. Sora messed with the natural order of the universe by using the Power of Waking to not only save lost hearts, but to ALSO reverse time right before they all fell, and look what's currently happened to him -- He's trapped in the Final World, presumably dead, and can't find a way back.

This is why DDD is extremely important for the series going forward, because while the characterization for Sora may not be optimal (although the kid got pretty serious once he know shit hit the fan), the elements introduced in DDD are major clues as to where we might be going. It's not a coincidence that the only Square Enix cameos in DDD were the TWEWY cast, and now Sora's in Shibuya. It's also not a coincidence that DDD introduced the Sleeping Worlds, and now Kairi in MoM seems to have been asleep for a year and is facing off against a guy in a black coat while searching for Sora... While in the Final World, a location closely related to sleep. Let's also not forget the KHUX story and how all of that comes into play. It's an extremely important game, nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and it's very interesting the more you look into it. It has its flaws, absolutely, but it's not a big ball of convolution.
Funny that you mention Doctor Who, cuz I always felt that the rule that you can't change things that are destined to happen was the same as "fixed points in time" from DW, only without the consequence of having dinosaurs running down London streets next to Roman soldiers while Winston Churchill knows what downloads are.

Aside from that, you're right. It ain't perfect, but it's not horrifically confusing either.

Back