• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Make Your Own Kingdom Hearts Game Idea Here

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Artists Melody

Awards
I came up with a game title Called Kingdom Hearts: Promise Bond. This is after Aqua, Terra and Ventus have returned from the Realm of Darkness.This one where Ventus recalls one of his lost memories: of a girl by the name of Regina, who had loved him prior to his departure into the future. Ventus then starts to see visions of Regina in the Land of Departure, and Terra, Aqua and Chirithy (Who Ven nicknamed Cheer) can see the visions.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
Silent Hearts, a psychological horror game in the vein of Silent Hill set in the Realm of Darkness. This would act as a companion piece to my previous Dark Hearts concept, but while that Soulslike game would put you in the shoes of an amnesiac Keyblade wielder, this one would instead show what happens when a regular person with no magical weapons/abilities gets stuck in the RoD. In A Fragmentary Passage, we learn that the Darkness plays tricks on the mind, causes hallucinations and generally torments its victims just like the titular town in the Silent Hill series. Gameplay would borrow heavily from The Last of Us (nowhere near as violent though of course), with a big focus on stealth and resource management. The story would explore themes of loss and guilt, while also featuring a mystery that unravels throughout the course of the game, complete with a surprise twist. Heartless would naturally get a genre appropriate makeover, with an emphasis on teeth, claws and inky black Darkness.
Kinda like this
Screenshot_20230801-205255~2.png
(The Ink Demon from Bendy and the Ink Machine). Since you can't make a Disney game with an M rating, the goal would be to try and push a T rating as far as possible.

Sonofjafar

Awards
a trilogy of games that follows the plots of Kingdom Heart 1, Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 2 but with the ability to make choices that can effect where the story goes. The whole thing would build up to a twist where the Master of Masters was rigging the future to follow the Book of Prophecies rather than predicting it

Awards
A Kingdom Hearts game where Mickey loses his heart; and His Nobody is revealed to be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. . .

If Not that; I'd at LEAST like to see a Kingdom Hearts game where Sora, Goofy & Donald visit the following Disney Worlds:

1. Zootopia[with Donald becoming a Platypus, Goofy Becoming a Wolf, and Sora becoming an Anthro Lion]

2. A Bug's Life[I Wonder what Insects that Sora, Goofy & Donald would become]

3. Coco[I'd Love to see what a Colorful Skeleton version of Donald, Goofy, & Sora would look like; as well as Fight Ernesto de la Cruz as the Heartless Boss of that world]

4. Sherwood Forest[I'd Love to see what Animal Sora would become in THE World where Robin Hood was a Fox]

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess I hadn't said this one before: I'd be surprised if Square never takes another whack at a Days-like multiplayer game again. There was certainly considerable room for improvement & now we have the GoL as an obvious roster of playable characters. Lord knows a lot of them needs something to do.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In honor of today's history making moment of Mickey becoming a public domain character, here's some preliminary brainstorming for a potential KH-inspired indie game utilizing a heavy emphasis on PD properties:

Lead platforms are Steam and Switch, partially because those are the popular ones for indie gaming but also because they both got shafted by KH real effin' bad. So this game would fill a void.

-2 main characters, a boy and girl. Names undecided but perhaps something that would fit KH naming conventions like say the Latin world for fire. *Googles* actually nevermind, that one's taken. Work in progress here.

-Player selects which of the 2 to play as. The other one gets kidnapped for TBD reasons than the player must save as the primary objective of the game.

-For the 2, 1 of them is a book nerd with an encyclopedic knowledge of classic stories while the other never cared about them before and knows very little. This makes for vastly different cutscenes depending on who the player chooses to play as and gives incentive for a 2nd playthrough.

-The worlds are all story books that player venture into. Like 100 Acre Woods but for every level. Actually this is a lot like how Yooka Laylee did it. The central hub area is a musty old library where the books in question are found.

-Since giant keys as swords is out of the question, the player's fancy marketable weapon will be a giant sized writing quill that's somehow hard enough to damage foes. Spells are cast by the protagonist quickly writing out the spell's cantations in the air.

-Short list of possible story book worlds: 1001 Arabian Nights, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes, 3 Little Pigs/Little Red Riding Hood.

-Mickey "The Mischievous Mouse" (quotations are part of the name for legal purposes) is the main recurring ally NPC and has his own book that's an adaptation of Steamboat Willie. His appearance outside of the book is something of an alternative imagining of what a colorized Mickey would look like with brown fur instead of black.

-Whole most worlds would have their own local villains to contend with, there is a main enemy threat that fills the minor enemy role. They are monsters that resemble notebook scribbles in 3D.

11057353-vector-monster-doodles-on-a-notebook-paper-set-number-2.jpg

(Was kinda hoping to find something of more edgy grotesque designs but I guess this gets the general point across).

-The monsters essentially represent how some jerk kids will vandalize library or textbooks by doodling in them. There are outside creations that don't belong in the fairy tale and yet thanks to the game's main antagonist there they are.

-which, if it ain't obvious already, said antagonist will have their own quill-sword that they used to create the scribble monsters and thus provides the obligatory duel of rivals.

Sonofjafar

Awards
In honor of today's history making moment of Mickey becoming a public domain character, here's some preliminary brainstorming for a potential KH-inspired indie game utilizing a heavy emphasis on PD properties:

Lead platforms are Steam and Switch, partially because those are the popular ones for indie gaming but also because they both got shafted by KH real effin' bad. So this game would fill a void.

-2 main characters, a boy and girl. Names undecided but perhaps something that would fit KH naming conventions like say the Latin world for fire. *Googles* actually nevermind, that one's taken. Work in progress here.

-Player selects which of the 2 to play as. The other one gets kidnapped for TBD reasons than the player must save as the primary objective of the game.

-For the 2, 1 of them is a book nerd with an encyclopedic knowledge of classic stories while the other never cared about them before and knows very little. This makes for vastly different cutscenes depending on who the player chooses to play as and gives incentive for a 2nd playthrough.

-The worlds are all story books that player venture into. Like 100 Acre Woods but for every level. Actually this is a lot like how Yooka Laylee did it. The central hub area is a musty old library where the books in question are found.

-Since giant keys as swords is out of the question, the player's fancy marketable weapon will be a giant sized writing quill that's somehow hard enough to damage foes. Spells are cast by the protagonist quickly writing out the spell's cantations in the air.

-Short list of possible story book worlds: 1001 Arabian Nights, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes, 3 Little Pigs/Little Red Riding Hood.

-Mickey "The Mischievous Mouse" (quotations are part of the name for legal purposes) is the main recurring ally NPC and has his own book that's an adaptation of Steamboat Willie. His appearance outside of the book is something of an alternative imagining of what a colorized Mickey would look like with brown fur instead of black.

-Whole most worlds would have their own local villains to contend with, there is a main enemy threat that fills the minor enemy role. They are monsters that resemble notebook scribbles in 3D.

11057353-vector-monster-doodles-on-a-notebook-paper-set-number-2.jpg

(Was kinda hoping to find something of more edgy grotesque designs but I guess this gets the general point across).

-The monsters essentially represent how some jerk kids will vandalize library or textbooks by doodling in them. There are outside creations that don't belong in the fairy tale and yet thanks to the game's main antagonist there they are.

-which, if it ain't obvious already, said antagonist will have their own quill-sword that they used to create the scribble monsters and thus provides the obligatory duel of rivals.
a concept involving Steamboat Willie that isn't horror?! it's a miracle

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
a concept involving Steamboat Willie that isn't horror?! it's a miracle
Hey now, let's not jump the gun. I haven't decided on a scenario for that world yet. Can't rule the possibility out.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Hey now, let's not jump the gun. I haven't decided on a scenario for that world yet. Can't rule the possibility.
Also as long as you’re thinking of world ideas, how about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and The Night Before Christmas as public domain Halloween Town and Christmas Town respectively

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe someone suggested this already, but a KH Souls-like or more specifically like Jedi Fallen Order. The gameplay loop would be that if you die, your heart is taken and you respawn as your Nobody. If you defeat the Heartless or other enemy you lost to, you can recover your heart and be restored to your full power. Your XP is tied to your heart, so if you die again without recovering it, you lose all that XP.

Like those games, you’d have a stamina bar and actions would need to be deliberate. Leveling would use a skill tree like Fallen Order.

Story and character wise, it could be anything. Maybe something more mature though.

Sonofjafar

Awards
How about a game that takes place between Re:Mind and 4 where Sora ends up in this world that is like a combination of Wasteland form Epic Mickey and Termina from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a realm filled with various forgotten Disney ips and alternate versions of all the organization 13 members that have completely different personalities and backstories. however, this world has been cursed to be destroyed in a great calamity in 13 hours by Phooey Duck, who has been possessed by Bill Cipher. Due to Sora's power of waking, it is up to to save this mysterious new realm from certain death by repeating the same 13 hours in different worlds and solving the different problems of various characters therein.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'll be honest: the idea of "forgotten" Disney IPs was always a bit iffy to me. Like EM's idea of forgotten characters included Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar (both of whom were in KH2 just 4 years prior), Smee, somehow, & multiple copies of Pete.

IMO, the keyword should be "non-canon", characters that no longer fit into the modern vision of Disney properties. Like Ms. Geef & Goof Jr.

Awards
Maybe someone suggested this already, but a KH Souls-like or more specifically like Jedi Fallen Order. The gameplay loop would be that if you die, your heart is taken and you respawn as your Nobody. If you defeat the Heartless or other enemy you lost to, you can recover your heart and be restored to your full power. Your XP is tied to your heart, so if you die again without recovering it, you lose all that XP.

Like those games, you’d have a stamina bar and actions would need to be deliberate. Leveling would use a skill tree like Fallen Order.

Story and character wise, it could be anything. Maybe something more mature though.
Here's a Soulslike idea that I had pitched a while back👇
Soulsborne Hearts (Dark Hearts?)
You wake up in the Realm of Darkness with no memory of who you are or how you got there. The only thing you do know is that the weapon in your hand is called a Keyblade. Surrounded by Heartless (much stronger versions since they're in their natural habitat) you struggle to survive and start to lose hope until you reach Sanctum, a safe haven created by others that are trapped in the dark realm that also serves as your hub. It's here where you learn that in order to return to the light you must defeat Guardian Heartless, extremely powerful beings that are scattered across the Realm of Darkness. As you set out on your journey, you find the Keyblades of wielders who tried and failed before you. Each Keyblade still emanates enough light for your heart to retreat to when you're defeated (much like the bonfires in Dark Souls) as well as granting you a new keychain. With each Guardian Heartless you defeat the darkness holding the portal closed weakens and a memory is restored to you, giving you access to a new ability and getting you one step closer to the light. But remember "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes". And when faced with your own darkness, will you prevail, or will it consume you?

Sonofjafar

Awards
I'll be honest: the idea of "forgotten" Disney IPs was always a bit iffy to me. Like EM's idea of forgotten characters included Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar (both of whom were in KH2 just 4 years prior), Smee, somehow, & multiple copies of Pete.

IMO, the keyword should be "non-canon", characters that no longer fit into the modern vision of Disney properties. Like Ms. Geef & Goof Jr.
true but i was thinking more along of having worlds that wouldn't work in Kingdom Hearts proper. stuff like Silly Symphonys, Black Cauldron, Vincent, the package features, the Disney afternoon (which is the reason I included Phooey Duck), heck maybe even the Alice Comedies

Awards
Kingdom Hearts: Bounty Hunter (I'm sure I could come up with a better title if I thought about it long enough). A game where you play as a badass armor-clad Keyblade wielder that travels the worlds collecting bounties on high-level Heartless. Maybe in their travels they would cross paths with certain Star Wars characters that share the same profession. And while Vincent Valentine isn't a bounty hunter in FF7, I feel like it could be a good role for his (hypothetical) KH counterpart to adopt.

D

Deleted member 282472

You could explore a character who wakes up as a nobody seperate from the Organization.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
true but i was thinking more along of having worlds that wouldn't work in Kingdom Hearts proper. stuff like Silly Symphonys, Black Cauldron, Vincent, the package features, the Disney afternoon (which is the reason I included Phooey Duck), heck maybe even the Alice Comedies
Ah, I get it now.

D

Deleted member 282472

"Heart or no heart" is a fanfic exploring what if Sora's Heartless was human.

I liked the idea of focusing on a heartless with a human form. I think you could do a game following an oc dealing with their new situation.

It could be choice driven with multiple endings. You can skew a bit older and ambigious than the other games.

I'm thinking of leaning more towards stealth gameplay with a beat em up component.

It has a similar structure to the Hulk comics. Unlike the movies, Bruce banner usually wandered around, trying to keep a low profile before the Hulk emerges. So you might actually get a look at "what keeping the world order would mean".

It's similar to Digimon Seekers or Survive. It could be a deconstruction of Kingdom hearts as a series.

download.jpegimages (1).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back