• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent and Pete: The KH Team Rocket?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are they the KH Team Rocket?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No!

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Who's Team Rocket?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondofWater

I keep reading people commenting, saying that Maleficent and Pete are the new Team Rocket. They always have the same goal, and always fail, yet continue to pursue it to the chagrin of the heroes. What do you think? Has Maleficent fallen from mistress of all evil to bumbling villain? Has Pete turned from rival to Mickey to just a screw-up?

Riku/Sora-Rule

I'd say no, because in KH she was a pawn, but she ultimately did what she set out to accomplish...before she was defeated. And it's malificent, considered to be one of the greatest Disney villains ever. Pete however, is always a bumbling idiot, but it's part of his charm lol. And also, Pete has at least gotten close to accomplishing stuff, such as taking the cornerstone of light, which is a big deal, whereas team rocket always tries to steal basic Pokemon, mostly pikachu, and always failing, Pete has variety and sets him apart

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The mistress of all evil better show us why she has earned that title in KH3. Pete better show us he is indeed Mickey's rival and not just a frightened lacky of Maleficent. I want to see the truly dark Maleficent from KH1, though I admit she seemed to act more like herself in BBS.

I think either in KH3 or in KH4 Maleficent will realize she has been a joke compared to Xehanort and she'll do something that will make her seem like the evil witch we love to hate.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I don't know, it did look like that in KH2, that's for sure. I always thought of Team Rocket when playing that game and seeing those 2 but Re:Coded kinda gave me more confidence in Maleficent... just a little. I don't know about DDD though. I do hope Maleficent turns back into the villain from KH1. She deserves better than 'we're blasting off again' stuff.

Key Wielder

Awards
BbS renewed my hope that, with proper writing and a new situation, Maleficent can be returned to her former glory. In recent games she has definitely become something of a joke similar to Team Rocket, but I think that the bigger picture of her character doesn't put her in that category. Every evil villain needs a lair, a place where she rules the roost and can come up with her evil plans without other characters getting in her way. Her involvement in the last few games has been all about finding that lair, and unfortunately it hasn't been a successful search, making her seem like she is bumbling and more of a nuisance than anything else. I wouldn't put her in the Team Rocket category just yet, though. If she finally finds her own place to brood over some good plans, I think her character stands to make a good comeback.

Pete...is beyond hope. At least Maleficent already knows that and acknowledges the fact that she really only uses him because there is no one else. xD

BondofWater

I was always felt that there should have been a bigger boss fight against Pete than what we were given in KH2. Neither of the battles felt like real battles, if that makes sense.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Maybe after Xehanort is gone, Maleficent will stumble across something that will trigger the next saga or something.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Y'know... that made me pity Maleficent. That evil witch must hate her life so bad in a situation like that.
The thing is, Pete has the capacity to be good, which generally dispossesses Maleficent of her "pure evil" reputation. What I hope they'll do with the characters in the very near future is allow Pete to "redeem" himself (or something) and join the good side, relieving Maleficent of his impotent "aid" and freeing her to find a new partner (like, say, the Evil Queen) to begin rebuilding her empire of Disney Villains and finally begin to pose a serious threat once again. I really do enjoy seeing her in each installment, and I thought her role in KH2 was actually alright insofar as making her a begrudging protagonist was a nice twist, but it's been played out. I know nothing of her portrayal in DDD, but I do hope it does something to alleviate the use of these two as a sort of comic relief that isn't funny. I'm not holding my breath.

Shawty

Awards
They kinda are, if you think of it. I like Maleficent, but I hate Pete. I really got tired of him after playing the game for a while. He acts like he's such a badass, which he is not.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Pete needs to die. All his scenes make me cringe.
Maleficent used to be a badass. Tis no longer.
We need the League of Villains 2.0 or I won't be able to take her seriously anymore.
And seeing how she's going after the data!worlds in DDD, I don't think it'll be much better

To me in this series Maleficent was never a true competent villain. Xehanort pushed everything about her. Because:
1. She would've never discovered the PoH or even outside worlds if she didn't meet Xehanort.
2. She would've never gotten her lair Hollow Bastion if it wasn't for AX unlocking the Keyhole of Radiant Garden allowing her and the Heartless to run through.
3. Ansem SoD was pulling her strings in KH1 behind the scenes.

After Xehanort was done using her (i.e KH2 on ward) she became a fool that no other Disney villain would work with. But in the games were she was is 'bad ass'(BBS, KH1) she's a pawn of Xehanort.

Anyway I like her BETTER as a joke villain. I find it funny how here the best-of-the-best of Disney's Rough Gallery is a joke.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Nah Team Rocket would actually contribute to some decent character development once in a blue moon. Pete and Male not so much. They are pretty expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back