• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: Maleficent (2014)

People are actually excited about an entire movie of a old washed-up actress playing a evil witch? Pfft.

Beg your pardon? She's an evil FAIRY, you filistine.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

People are actually excited about an entire movie of a old washed-up actress playing a evil witch? Pfft.

t4lfGgf.gif

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

god, the anticipation
i just cannot wait for this

lana del rey matches it all perfectly too

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=youtube;68_-5d3PHQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68_-5d3PHQE[/video]

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

[video=youtube;68_-5d3PHQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68_-5d3PHQE[/video]

I want this in my life. I already have a ticket with this movie's name on it (​granted, that's if I hear good things about it).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm okay with the wings and all but shouldn't they resemble dragon wings more? The feathers seem an odd choice.

Maleficent's got more of a bird motif in this movie, she's portrayed as very earthy. Especially in her earlier years.

Here's the extended trailer:

[video=youtube;w-XO4XiRop0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XO4XiRop0[/video]
As you can see, it looks like she's not turning into a dragon but rather her raven is

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Don't really understand the point in her raven turning into a dragon. Part of the "Maleficent" character is her turning into this crazy-ass, seemingly unstoppable dragon. I have a weird thing going on with this movie. I like what I'm seeing but I'm also not liking what I'm seeing.

The curse Maleficent puts on Aurora was that she was to die. Not fall in a "sleep-like death", whatever that means. But die. After that, the fairies made it so that she would fall asleep instead. I must say, though, aside from that, the parts of the "curse scene" were really well delivered (especially when she's putting the curse on Aurora)!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Don't really understand the point in her raven turning into a dragon. Part of the "Maleficent" character is her turning into this crazy-ass, seemingly unstoppable dragon. I have a weird thing going on with this movie. I like what I'm seeing but I'm also not liking what I'm seeing.

The curse Maleficent puts on Aurora was that she was to die. Not fall in a "sleep-like death", whatever that means. But die. After that, the fairies made it so that she would fall asleep instead. I must say, though, aside from that, the parts of the "curse scene" were really well delivered (especially when she's putting the curse on Aurora)!

This movie is going to deviate from the source material in a lot of ways, you should probably make your peace with that as soon as possible.

In an interview, Angelina Jolie said that they changed it because Maleficent doesn't believe in love and wanted an extra layer of taunting to the curse.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

So, what exactly is the purpose of the Three Faeries now if Maleficent is apparently moving the plot entirely on her own?
Juxtaposition, if I had to guess. I think they're supposed to be portrayed as Aurora's negligent guardians.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

So, what exactly is the purpose of the Three Faeries now if Maleficent is apparently moving the plot entirely on her own?

Exactly. I'm all for expanding the character that is "Maleficent", but not at the cost of needlessly editing iconic moments such as the curse-scene, where the Fairies basically save Aurora from death.

Wikipedia said:
Among the guests are three good fairies called Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, who have come to bless the child with gifts. The first fairy, Flora, gives the princess the gift of beauty, while the next fairy, Fauna, gives her the gift of song. Before Merryweather is able to give her blessing, a fairy named Maleficent appears. Though angry at having been uninvited, she is willing to let the slight pass; however, when Merryweather tells Maleficent that she was unwanted, the evil fairy curses the princess, proclaiming that while she will indeed be beautiful and graceful, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die before the sunset on her sixteenth birthday. Merryweather is able to use her blessing to weaken the curse, and she causes it so that instead of dying, Aurora will fall into a deep sleep from which she can only be awakened by true love's kiss.

This is something so crucial in the story, that shouldn't even been messed with in the first place. Really, what good comes from Maleficent not trying to kill Aurora with her curse and instead, putting her to sleep? Blergh, I'm ranting, but I really don't like the change. Might be handled well in the movie, idk, but as for now, I'm not liking that part.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

This is something so crucial in the story, that shouldn't even been messed with in the first place. Really, what good comes from Maleficent not trying to kill Aurora with her curse and instead, putting her to sleep? Blergh, I'm ranting, but I really don't like the change. Might be handled well in the movie, idk, but as for now, I'm not liking that part.

I understand it to a degree. Isn't it worse to give someone hope that it could get better and take that hope away from them? Is it worse to be dead, or to barely be alive? I don't know, I see the potential.

TheFelineFive

I like to look at this as it's own film rather than an adaptation or prequel or anything that's actually canon. The same way I saw Dragon Ball: Evolution as more of a different take on the series. I wouldn't have wanted them to try and make the DBZ characters look the way they do in the anime and I'm glad they didn't try to in Maleficent. Just because I'm pretty sure It would not meet anyone's expectations anyway. As far as story goes, it doesn't really matter to me if it's different. Kind of like Marvel's 'What If' universes. I like to see different versions of stories. Isn't that what most movies are anyway, just the same stories told differently.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly. I'm all for expanding the character that is "Maleficent", but not at the cost of needlessly editing iconic moments such as the curse-scene, where the Fairies basically save Aurora from death.

Yes I agree. I'm fine with adding or changing some things but removing a big part of the fairies importance and apparently Maleficent not turning into a dragon is a problem for me.

This 'Maleficent' Preview Offers a Stirring Recreation of an Iconic Disney Moment (VIDEO) - The Moviefone Blog

Okay so... I've given some parts of the movie a lot of shit, going off of what I've seen in the trailers but... This looks amazing (especially the last shot).

Angelina really plays Maleficent well and commands attention when she speaks. Not sure of how I feel about the look of the fairies yet.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Angelina really plays Maleficent well and commands attention when she speaks. Not sure of how I feel about the look of the fairies yet.

Yeah, I hate how they look. But Angelina Jolie just steals the show there, didn't really look at the fairies, unless they were the only characters on screen lol

This clip again proves that they've taken away lot of the personality of the fairies. In the animated movie, they were the one to tell Maleficent to go away. Also, the Queen was way more respectful towards Maleficent, asking if she isn't offended by not getting invited. Even calling Maleficent "Excellency". I'm not really bothered about that, though, but it's a pity that they're changing this little nuances that made Maleficent even more intimidating.

Last edited:
Back