• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent's Future (and Pete's)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Well, we see in coded that Maleficent and Pete are still running around the KH universe stirring up trouble. My question is, do you guys want the two bumbling villains in future titles like DDD and KH3? Obviously, if BbSv2 takes place between BbS and KH1 we'll probably see Maleficent there, but in future titles, Nomura could fairly easily just have her disappear, or die off early. So, would you like her to stick around? What about Pete? For how long? What sort of role should they play in future games?

I personally would like to see Maleficent and Pete in DDD and/or KH3, but I'd rather that at least Maleficent died off before the next saga. She's a decent villain and all, but she got out-evil-ed in every possible way by the Xehanorts. First I'd like to see her get a little more involved in KH3 than she was in KH2, and I'd actually like to see her succeed every once and a while there (unlike KH2 where she and Pete failed at everything). After that, though, she should be done. Maleficent was used in KH1 as the ultimate evil until the very end, so now that her position has been taken by Xehanort she needs to find a new niche or die.

As for Pete, since he's not really meant to be taken seriously, I suppose I wouldn't mind him staying around, but again, he needs to be a little more productive instead of just staying the KH version of Jesse and James from Team Rocket.

Discuss.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Yeah, KH1 Maleficent knew how to get things done. They almost succeeded in Re:coded, so they don't always fail...I wouldn't mind seeing her and Pete in the future at all, so long as they're done well. Yeah, Pete does need a little more competency, but his comedy is always fun. Dunno how they'll show up in DDD, but I'm betting they will. Maybe late game or something...After the whole MoM thing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would like to see Maleficent reassembling her villain alliance and become a decent third party which is a bit more than just a nuisance like they were in in KH2.
Pete is obviously the running gag here, but Maleficent should get some more decent allies like i.e. Magica de Spell or the Phantom Blot.

Then she should obviously oppose both Sora and co. as well as Xehanort and cause some serious hindrance and not just nuisance.
Maybe, to add to her chances of becoming a decent threat she should also come to an agreement with some Final Fantasy villains like Sephiroth or Ultimecia.

Magnum

Yeah, KH1 Maleficent knew how to get things done. They almost succeeded in Re:coded, so they don't always fail...I wouldn't mind seeing her and Pete in the future at all, so long as they're done well. Yeah, Pete does need a little more competency, but his comedy is always fun. Dunno how they'll show up in DDD, but I'm betting they will. Maybe late game or something...After the whole MoM thing.

It's always good to have a little comical relief.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I think that Maleficent has been used quite enough for the series. If she can be played straight like in KH1, then maybe I'd be alright if she sticks around of a little bit longer. However, I believe the best thing for the series is for Maleficent to get closure for her role. Maybe she could die in darkness. It would be a fitting end for the "Mistress of all Evil", would it not?

I'm not sure about Pete, but without Maleficent, he wouldn't be much of a major threat in the plot. Like Sora said in KH2, Pete can't even tie his own shoes. Now, if Pete were to become good and try to aim for redemption, then I'd like to see what direction Nomura would go with that. After all, Pete's not always shown to be the antagonist, such as in Goofy's spin-off show Goof Troop and A Goofy Movie.

Maxyli138

I think that Maleficent has been used quite enough for the series. If she can be played straight like in KH1, then maybe I'd be alright if she sticks around of a little bit longer. However, I believe the best thing for the series is for Maleficent to get closure for her role.

This ^^

I liked Maleficent's role in KH1, but in KH2 her part as an antagonist was pretty lame compared to Organization 13. I easily lost interest in her. If she came back in a later game with a more interesting and evil role I wouldn't mind that.

As for Pete, I'm not sure if I want him to come back or not. I had a hard time taking him seriously (especially in BBS, it was just too gosh darn funny to watch him) as a villain, so giving him a bigger role as an antagonist probably wouldn't go too well. But you never know what could happen.

Magnum

This ^^

I liked Maleficent's role in KH1, but in KH2 her part as an antagonist was pretty lame compared to Organization 13. I easily lost interest in her. If she came back in a later game with a more interesting and evil role I wouldn't mind that.

As for Pete, I'm not sure if I want him to come back or not. I had a hard time taking him seriously (especially in BBS, it was just too gosh darn funny to watch him) as a villain, so giving him a bigger role as an antagonist probably wouldn't go too well. But you never know what could happen.

Well, Maleficent appears in coded/Re:coded with a much more major role and Pete seems to be more serious, too. However, Pete is still comical.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I want Maleficent. Screw Pete. Hated him in KH2 he simply cramps Maleficent's style and he is simply not amusing. Like a few here said have Maleficent actually represent a THREAT rather than a nuisance have he set Xehanort up or cause the death of a major character or heck even kick start the next Saga.

She was magnificent in KH1 evil and devious (partly because she had a goal and a crew of willing followers)in KH2 she was reduced to a bumbling fool barely holding on to what little plan she had, although I did like her confrontation against ORG. XIII and her arrival in TWTNW she at least SEEMED menacing when she was trashing talking. It also be nice if we got a bit of character development from her but that's just me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Pete: defects to the good guy's side when Maleficent takes it too far. Maybe he finds out his wife & kids from Goof Troop are in danger from a heartless invasion.

Maleficent: Kills Xehanort & takes her her rightful place as main villain of the series.

Megavoltage

Awards
After what happened to Maleficent in Re:Coded... she's a complete joke. I want her to be an evil threat again. She needs to have some big victory over Sora and his friends.

I'd love it if Maleficent starts up a new team of Disney villains in KHDDD and has some sort of important involvement in BBSV2.

Magnum

Pete: defects to the good guy's side when Maleficent takes it too far. Maybe he finds out his wife & kids from Goof Troop are in danger from a heartless invasion.

Maleficent: Kills Xehanort & takes her her rightful place as main villain of the series.

I believe Pete doesn't have a wife and kids in the Kingdom Hearts universe since he never shown to be worried about them. I could live with Maleficent killing off Xehanort though.

After what happened to Maleficent in Re:Coded... she's a complete joke. I want her to be an evil threat again. She needs to have some big victory over Sora and his friends.

I'd love it if Maleficent starts up a new team of Disney villains in KHDDD and has some sort of important involvement in BBSV2.

I have to agree with this.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think she should she die off and have another villain take her place. That or have her regain her evilness from KH one. Why was eveyone's character better in KH1 save for Riku? But honestly I wouldn't mind the Horned King becoming the head Disney Villain. He screams evil

micbeasty

i would really like it if make like you guys said tht in DDD she could start forming a new circle of Disney Villains and then maybe in KH3 not only will you be facing the threat of Xehenort and his supposed allies, but also her squad or perhaps Maleficent could join Sora on his team with her Villains as she would feel the threat from Xehenort and want to claim her role as the main villain over the realm of Darkness and would aid Sora once again like in KH2....

blueheart

Bronze Member
I hated that pete and maleficent even joined forces. They don't go right together as a team. Comical pete and villianess maleficent. She should to ditch pete. But I wouldn't want her in DDD. If she does come back, she could be in BBSvol2.

And maybe have a cool confrontation with Master Xehanort......

But, maybe she should die off and get replaced. She is starting getting boring and repetitive.

I say that should be her last apperance, have a cool Maleficent vs Aqua battle, then she fades away. But then, she appears near the end of the game, and is killed by Masterr Xehanort.

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Hmmm.... I like your guy's ideas and whatnot. But who would replace Maleficent, if she were to fall, as a secondary villain? No other Disney villain seems right to me to take her place. Normally, I would gladly say Frollo from Hunchback, but that doesn't seem right, either. I think the Evil Queen from Snow White is too retarded, and she'd be too similar to Maleficent. Maybe we shouldn't have a secondary big villain at all?
IDK, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Imagine Frollo trying to spread his "god-given" justice across what he'd believe is a "godless" universe. It'd be a Holocaust in space.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I am getting tired of seeing Pete and Maleficent as the main villains. I just wish a) Pete would ditch her and her dying off. (I don't want Pete to die off, because it would be cruel to kill of one of the main Disney characters example, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, etc. not the ones in the movies like Snow White). b) Maybe Maleficent finding a new henchmen and replacing Pete. Pete attempts to get revenge on Maleficent but fails badly.

Awards
Truthfully, I would have preferred if we never heard of them again after coded (well, not Maleficent, I like Pete acting as the goofball).
But they're coming back one way or another, so I'd like to see it done as painlessly as possible.

Maleficent should have taken over the ruins of TCTNW as her new base of operations.
I know it probably won't happen, but it just seems stupid how she would make a promise that the castle would be hers, and then leave.

Maleficent needs to die. Permanently. Don't know how, but she needs to, and anything less would be stupid.
As for Pete, honestly, I get the feeling he'll defect to the good side. For starters, I can't picture him dying. He's never been that much of an antagonist, and I don't think he's evil, just stubborn and selfish. We saw from Timeless River that Pete and Mickey had a strong connection way back when.

Now, I'm not sure if it was intended this way, but I kinda got those vibes of him switching sides toward the end of coded:
Pete:
I'm gonna remember this!

Pete says that after Sora and co. Save him and Maleficent. They're walking away when he turns back and says that. So... he's going to remember that they saved him? That he owes them one?
Unfortunately, in the English game, he says something to the effect of "Just wait til next time!" so I'm not sure if that was the intended effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back