• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent's Storyline in KH 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maleficent

Website
www.chicagonow.com
Who else here thought that Maleficent's storyline in Kingdom Hearts II was a TAD bit contrived? I mean, in the first game she was such a beautifully written character with an aura of evil and calm about her, but in the second game she's reduced to a few contrived plot-lines (such as teaming up with Oogie Boogie to take over Christmas Town, and trying to find a castle) and she is saddled with that annoying Pete. SO I was just wondering if anyone felt the same way, OR if you have a differing opinion?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
They didn't do her justice at all in KHII. It was a mockery.

Selena

Honestly, I kind of think Maleficent didn't really need to be in KH2 at all, especially after the role they gave her in it. I think that she should've just stayed dead after KH1, she was goodvillain for that game, but there was no reason to bring her back.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
They didn't do her justice at all in KHII. It was a mockery.

I'm sorry, but whenever I read one of your posts, all I can hear is Quinn's voice saying it.

Oh yeah, and I agree. :[ Although admittedly, I never saw what the big deal was about Maleficent anyway. So she put a curse on a girl 'cause she wasn't invited to her birthday party. So she's the self-proclaimed "Mistress of All Evil." So she turned into a dragon. She's not so scary.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm sorry, but whenever I read one of your posts, all I can hear is Quinn's voice saying it.

Oh yeah, and I agree. :[ Although admittedly, I never saw what the big deal was about Maleficent anyway. So she put a curse on a girl 'cause she wasn't invited to her birthday party. So she's the self-proclaimed "Mistress of All Evil." So she turned into a dragon. She's not so scary.

Yeah, not the best movie of them all. Still, it's enjoyable and restoration's FANTASTIC. But yeah, a lot of plotholes.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty as a whole have always been my personal favorites.
I just think they did a really poor job with her in the second game. That, combined with the fact that Organization XIII failed as villains, left KHII with no true antagonists.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty as a whole have always been my personal favorites.
I just think they did a really poor job with her in the second game. That, combined with the fact that Organization XIII failed as villains, left KHII with no true antagonists.
I actually like how she teamed up with Sora to get rid of ORG.13 I think her best moments where in RG.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
IMO, Maleficent would never ever team up with Sora. They turned the Mistress of All Evil into an anti-hero. It was OOC. :/

loke13

IMO, Maleficent would never ever team up with Sora. They turned the Mistress of All Evil into an anti-hero. It was OOC. :/
Not necessarily. Sure she's a bitch but she's not stupid. Using people to take care of her problems is still within character. Keeping Sora alive assured her of the ORG. 13 demise. The castle was just a bonus.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure that's what they were going for, and maybe it was the fact that Pete was in the room, but meh. They were about as intimidating as Team Rocket.

loke13

I'm sure that's what they were going for, and maybe it was the fact that Pete was in the room, but meh. They were about as intimidating as Team Rocket.

True. If she just got rid of Pete then I could give her back her evil points from KH1.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They made it worse in Days. Pete was just wandering around doing... nothing. And DiZ was another antagonist, who just repeated himself in the pod room three times and did nothing, even when the Org discovered his hideout.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Her role in KH2 annoyed me, but Ursula's was much more pointless and annoying. There was absolutely no explanation for her return or how Ariel fell for her tactics.. again.. You'd think she would of learned by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back