• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Many Square Enix Games Coming to PS4 in 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEASTENDER

Apparently, it's been confirmed that Square Enix has a lot of games coming out for PS4 this year, including games that have yet to be announced. We'll undoubtedly see them at E3, but what games are you hoping for?

Square Enix teases unannounced PS4 titles coming out this year - Gematsu

Me, I'd love TWEWY2, but I see that as more of a 3DS game of course. XV and KH3 are honestly all I can think of. Unless a Final Fantasy 7 Remake or new Parasite Eve game is announced (And they've made comment after comment about why that remake probably won't happen anytime soon). A new IP could be interesting, but something from an existing franchise would make me the most excited.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
And this makes me all the more determined to continue my search for employment so that I can finally afford to get myself a PS4.

A new Parasite Eve game could be interesting, but I wonder how they're going to handle it considering what happened in The Third Birthday.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Not sure if the new Dragon Quest and Star Ocean were announced before this, but I'm sure those are some of the titles SE meant. I honestly expect we'll be seeing KH 1.5+2.5 announced for PS4 (and hopefully Xbone, since they don't have a single KH game). I also wouldn't be surprised if we got a Lightning Saga HD collection announced for PS4. FFXIIHD Remaster is very much a possibility though (maybe even with a PS4 remake of the DS sequel? Or just with a Dragon Quest game, as a lot of people have been suggesting).

As for actual new titles, I imagine Tomb Raider is still on the table. But FFXV and KH3 are definitely not on the table. And it's also way too early for FFX-3 to come out. Either way, I imagine all the announcements will be made at E3, which has me very, very hyped this year.

FFVII HD Remake is incredibly unlikely for many, many, many reasons.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
A new Parasite Eve game could be interesting, but I wonder how they're going to handle it considering what happened in The Third Birthday.

There will never be another Parasite Eve game. The 3rd Birthday wasn't one. I was more or less just a test to see if there still was any interest in Aya Brea as a character, which is one of the few things from the first game that Square Enix owns the rights to. She's an original creation by Tetsuya Nomura. Most of the first game is just based on a novel of the same name. The second game I believe is a sequel written by Square with consent from the author of the novel, but that's obviously dependent on the first game so it's a grey area. That's why The 3rd Birthday ties in so loosely with the previous two games. And needless to say, Square Enix no longer owns the rights to Parasite Eve.

If there's ever another game, it will probably be a reboot for a new franchise inspired by the old games starring Aya Brea.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm mostly rooting for SaGa 2015 to be properly revealed and announced for release outside of Japan!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Wait... reflecting on SE's E3 conference... did any of the games on there have 2015 release dates? I know Just Cause did, but like... where be that surge in PS4 games for this year, SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back