• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MAR- The Game of War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
A dark stormy night, unlike the others, it covered the entire world of Mar Heaven, What could cause something like this? Was there really an Arm so powerful to do this? What made people realize that this storm was different, was that the lighting was flashing green and purple... and it appeared all at once suddenly as the clouds enveloped the sky.

The kids ran for their homes, the parents calling them inside, when suddenly you hear a scream of a woman yelling as if she had seen a ghost...

But that was it... it was just like a goast she had saw as she was screaming and pointing into the sky.

And there it was... the emblem... of the Chess Pieces.

Chess_Pieces_emblem.jpg

Everyone in the world of Mar Heaven could see it, as fire began to fill the sky around the Chess Emblem.

~~~

People in armor ran into the castle of Lestava, They were the Cross Guard

The head of them spoke to its queen, who hadn’t married yet.

"Queen Snow! Have you witnessed outside!? It’s the emblem! THE CHESS PEICES HAVE RETURNED!"

Queen Snow stood up in her chair immediately!
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? WE DEFEATED THEM ALL LONG AGO HOW COULD THEY RETURN!!!?!?!?!"

Queen Snow walked toward the window looking at the sky in terror...

The knight spoke again "Don’t worry ma'am we will have the castle secure very soon!"

"DONT WORRY ABOUT ME! PROTECT MY PEOPLE!" She said angrily clutching to the necklace around her shoulder.

~~~

Meanwhile in Caldia, the place where magic is made, the sky had been lit up as well, all the residents on the floating island looking up towards the sky, the children hiding behind their parents. Each of the adults looking angrily towards the sky.

Dorothy, the new high Elder of Caldia, had stepped outside to watch the sky...

"Ma'am" A witch came walking to her...

"What is it?" Dorothy asked

"The sky!" said the witch

"Well no shit! I’m kind of staring right at it! go get my husband, we are going to need the magical power to dispel this effect." said Dorothy but just then, he was walking toward her, it was Al and Belle

"Ah so you have arrived, hunny bunny!" she then grasped him rubbing him between her bossism

"Cant.... brea...th" said Al

Belle went and started pulling Dorothy’s hair "LET GO OF MY AL!!!"

"Fine fine fine" she came back to her senses. "Ready?" she asked, and Al nodded, both pointing to the sky, wearing a ring which glowed, which dispelled the clouds all around Mar Heaven.

~~~

The sky was starting to brighten over Luberia Fortress, Nanashi yawned... "Wooooo! Bright skies are ours again ladies!!!" then some girls came over hugging Nanashi, "Ohhh thank goodness" they said at once, well Nanashi's cheeks turned red.

"Guess it’s about time we see each other again.

~~~

The next day there were fliers all over the town, which read....

"THE CROSS GAURD NEEDS YOU! COME HELP US FIGHT TO PROTECT MAR HEAVEN FROM THE CHESS PEICES!"

Last edited:

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Well here are some things you should know before you consider joining this role-play.

-Pulls out a map before continuing to speak-

MAR_Heaven_map.jpg

This is the world of MAR Heaven!

There are so many places in our once peaceful world. But if we are going to keep it that way we need to stop the CHESS BEFORE THEY DESTROY EVERYTHING!

~~~

What are you looking at?!?!
Oh this thing!?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well this isn’t just any ordinary ring... it’s what the people here call, an Arm!

Why are you looking at me that way? IT’S NOT FUNNY!!?!?!

-suddenly the tut guy says- Guardian Arm Golden Eye!
- You jump out of your chair as a floating eyeball suddenly appears and starts floating around you-

Ha ha ha he he eh
Not funny now is it!

Anyway... let me explain... nothing here is what you think it ought to be... its all been enchanted with MAGIC!

There are various types of Arms, and I’ll explain them now

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As you see each Arm has a different type of effect, and ability so... use them wisly... also... Try never to use Ghost arms... they are deadly...

Next thing I guess I should cover is.... hmm

How about Magical Power?

-the tut starts looking at you strangely-

Wow you have alot going thru you! Are you sure you don’t know what it is? Well anyway, Magical Power is what you need to activate these arms, and well... the stronger the arm the more power it takes! SO BE EXTREAMLY CARFUL IT COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE!

Let’s see what’s next... Ah how about the groups....

Well you have the no good, all bad Chess Pieces...

They are the notorious group trying to rule/destroy MAR HEAVEN! Using the arms for destruction!!! IT’S REDICULUS!!!

Anyway... they have a system that ranks the Arm Usr's...

Starting from

Pawns
Rooks
Bishops
3 High Bishops
13 Zodiac Knights
The Queen
And The King...

Then there is the cross guard who don’t rank...they just know whose in charge...

And then you have the disbanded team of MAR!

Oh and of course who can’t forget the guild of thief’s (Nanashi in the background..."HEY I RESENT THAT" (TUT IN THE BACKGROUND "NO ONE ASKED YOU!" -Nanashi points his fingers at the tut- "ELECTRIC EYE!")

...well let’s see I think if you need to know anything else you can go take a look in my ... DEMINSION ARM! -A gate appears to take you away.-

Don’t be afraid jump right in!

click to teleport

Last edited:

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
So new to MAR Heaven?!?!? You got to be kidding! You are kidding right?...
Wait.. You’re saying you’re from... The other world!?!?! AHAHAHAHA you make me laugh... your pulling my foot aren’t you? The only person that’s ever come from another world is the legendary Ginta SAVIOR OF MAR HEAVEN!

So... tell me about yourself? I’m intrigued...

TEMPS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Time for the rules of MAR Heaven: The Game of War!

Okay all rules of Khi apply...

+ These

Cursing is Allowed.. (both types XD)
Muiltiple posting is somewhat allowed with permission.
Power Playing with Permission is allowed.
If i make a mistake, ill fix it!
WHAT I SAY GOES(if you really are reading this then type in 5 *'s at the bottom of your temp.)!
IF YOU DONT LIKE MY RULES THEN GOOD BYE!
You are allowed to have as many characters as i see fit.
Temps are going to be approved by me, but if there is somthing that i dont like and so i tell you no about your temp/skill/power/whatnot,(if you are really reading this then, before you post your temp please type in *and the name of the person who posted before you like this *magicEdd) it dosnt mean it wont be aproved if we come to an understandment..
NO FIGHTING IN THE OOC! Unless its like playful.
I ALLOW PEOPLE TO GO SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC...
IF I FEEL THE NEED TO ADD MORE RULES I WILL DO NOT JUDGE ME!
THE RP IS ALWAYS OPEN.
Other then that i belive that is it.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
The roster

The Royal Cross Guard||
Rank|Name|usr
Leader|Gaira|???
New Recruit| Lanthrom Al'Ir | Taim

Chess Peices||
Rank | Name | usr|
King |???|???
Queen |???|???
#1 Zodiac Knight |Candice|???
#2 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#3 Zodiac Knight |Ash|???
#4 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#5 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#6 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#7 Zodiac Knight |Pinocchio|???
#8 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#9 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#10 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#11 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#12 Zodiac Knight |???|???
#13 Zodiac Knight |Girom|???
#1 Bishop|???|???
#2 Bishop|???|???
#3 Bishop|???|???
Bishop |???|???
Rook| Ceal Yuki | magicEdd
Pawn | Lots of pawns| NPC's

Team Mar||
Rank | Name | usr|
Leader|Queen Snow| ???
2nd in command|Alan|???
3rd in command|Elder Dorthy|???
4th in command|Alviss|???
5th in command|Nanashi|???
New Recruit| Renn Gurski | Shinra
New Recruit| Sana Hare's | CD-Man2021

Random?||
Team/Guild| Name| Usr

Last edited:

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
~News~
3/19/12- Updated ranks with spoiler characters
3/16/12- Shinra joins the rp!
3/13/12- Taim has joined the rp!
3/12/12- CD-Man2021 Joins the rp
3/9/12 - Mar Heaven: The Game of War Created
3/9/12 - OOC NOW OPEN!

So im going to try and get this rp up and running with in 2 or 3 days from now.. also, this forum will probably most active during the weekend and thats because people have more time..

There will be various ways that we shall be battling to see who would win the fight against one another!
Things like the random number game
Dice
Rock-paper-sissors, and more! so even if you have a weak magic level, dosnt mean you wont win!

If you have ideas please submit them to me.

Also if you want to add some things to the rp let me know ideas are the best thing you can give me!

Also side storys are welcome!

Last edited:

Taim

I'm new to rping and this all sounds a little confusing but I'm willing to give it a try if you will have me.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Of course i will have you, we all started off exactly like this! Everyone needs to start some where!!!!

So, what gets you confused, maybe i did a bad on my part, that way i can either fix it or explain it to you. It shouldnt be that hard :D!

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Taim

Is there a place where I can see a list of these arms and what they do?

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
yep there is right here Click me :D

Hmm maybe i should post this in the arms section of the rp.

Btw like i said before you can make up your own arms :D

Taim

Name: Lanthrom Al'Ir (Lan)
Appearance: strong young man with a crew cut and full cameo gear.
Personality: leader but a kind one... for now.
Race: Human
Fraction : cross guard
Magical Power: 12 not much for magic just gonna use the arms to get the job done.
(If Chess)

(If Cross Guard)
rank and how long: Just joined
why: In my world I was trained for the military so the cross guard seemed fitting.
goal: advance in the ranks and show them that I am the greatest military leader the world has ever known.

Bio Past: Lan was born in a small town. He lived like most kids did in his world (earth) until he turned eight. When kids turned eight in his country the were tested for strength and intelligence to be inducted into the Training program of his countries dominant military. He was tested at "above average" in strength and "supernatural" in intelligence. So naturally he was taken to the Militaristic Academy for Advanced Youth. He was there for nine years before he found himself in mar heaven.

Bio Present: It was the day before his 17th birthday which marked the day he would be given his role in the military. He wasn't worded about being shipped out to fight because, although extremely strong, He was at the top of his class when it came to militaristic strategy. That doesn't really matter though because that night when he went to sleep he woke up in Mar Heaven and soon after the shock left and he joined the cross guards.

Arms:
Name: Sentastar description: a small black ninja star Use: splits into seven ninja stars that whirl around the controller and are controlled but their mind

Name: Curam Description: a green emerald set in a gold ring Use: passively heals wounds

Name: Nysy Description: a small black gem Use: summons an owl who can share it's sight with the wielder

Name: Shado Description: a obsidian ring Use: causes the wielder to be mostly transparent so that only those with a very keen eye can detect him

Name: Memor Description: a ruby set in a silver ring Use: erases the subdued victim's memory of the wielder

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I remember this series. Loved the hell out of it, even though I don't remember much about it. I'll join, but I've got stuff to do so I probably won't get my temp up tonight. It's also been a long time since I've RP'd so I'll probably be a tad rusty.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Its not approved, only because, for one its missing alot of detail, and information. As well as not being in the right format.
If you dont know how to the spoilers or anything like that, what your suppsoe to do is go the post where i posted the temp i made, then click "Reply with Quote" then you just fill in the blanks.

As for what needs to be added ill tell you quote by quote

Name: Lanthrom Al'Ir (Lan)
Can you put the pronounceation?
This is fine
Appearance: strong young man with a crew cut and full cameo gear.
Okay this is where the detail needs to be worked on.
Your trying to paint a picture, with just this info, i cant create your character in my mind, basicly all i can think of right now is the gear Snake weres. I mean theres alot of different color camo gear so it can be green grey, blue etc. So far for whats missing is, his face, so far theres no hair no eyes, no face :D... then you have the body build, skin tone. etc..So fill this stuff in, and btw heres a hint, a picture says 1000 words. XD

Personality: leader but a kind one... for now.
Okay so he just has leadership skills? Is he a nice guy? Mean? Sarcastic? Compeltly full of orders dosnt care for alot of things?

Race: Human
Race is fine, but for where your from, This rp dosnt take place on Earth, this is a comeptly different world called MAR, look at the map to choose a place, if you are from Earth though, please make sure you describe how you got to Mar, in the bio.

Fraction : cross guard
Magical Power: 12 not much for magic just gonna use the arms to get the job done.
As for the Fraction, very good, your an enemy to me, as you fight on the side of good :D
So, your basicly someone who is very powerful with physical strength?

(If Cross Guard)
Dont need this

rank and how long: Just joined
why: In my world I was trained for the military so the cross guard seemed fitting.
goal: advance in the ranks and show them that I am the greatest military leader the world has ever known.

Very nice!

Bio Past: Lan was born in a small town. He lived like most kids did in his world (earth) until he turned eight. When kids turned eight in his country the were tested for strength and intelligence to be inducted into the Training program of his countries dominant military. He was tested at "above average" in strength and "supernatural" in intelligence. So naturally he was taken to the Militaristic Academy for Advanced Youth. He was there for nine years before he found himself in mar heaven.

Bio Present: It was the day before his 17th birthday which marked the day he would be given his role in the military. He wasn't worded about being shipped out to fight because, although extremely strong, He was at the top of his class when it came to militaristic strategy. That doesn't really matter though because that night when he went to sleep he woke up in Mar Heaven and soon after the shock left and he joined the cross guards.

Okay you need to describe more in your bio, i mean you just woke up in Mar Heaven, You cant just be like, oh whatever, YOu know noone, or anything about Mar Heaven, so please describe more as you learned about the Cross Guards and desided it would be a good idea to join them, you could also use the flyers that were handed out around the town, as the way you found out about the cross Gaurd if you want to. It did say that in the bio anyway. (the story bio)

Arms:
Name: Sentastar description: a small black ninja star Use: splits into seven ninja stars that whirl around the controller and are controlled but their mind
Do you mean his mind? Also what type of arm is it?

Name: Curam Description: a green emerald set in a gold ring Use: passively heals wounds

Name: Nysy Description: a small black gem Use: summons an owl who can share it's sight with the wielder
Arms are basically jewlary so you need to put what the gem is on.

Name: Shado Description: a obsidian ring Use: causes the wielder to be mostly transparent so that only those with a very keen eye can detect him

Name: Memor Description: a ruby set in a silver ring Use: erases the subdued victim's memory of the wielder

All your arms are approved you just need to tell me what type each is

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember this series. Loved the hell out of it, even though I don't remember much about it. I'll join, but I've got stuff to do so I probably won't get my temp up tonight. It's also been a long time since I've RP'd so I'll probably be a tad rusty.

Thats perfectly fine, it turns out i wont be able to start the rp anyway tomorrow due to the lack of memebers, but ill probably just start it off anyway.

I loved the show as well, which lead me to make the rp.
Sweet of you to join we could use members.
Also dont worry about it just try and get a temp up :D!
Also dont worry about being rusty, i think the people who will be joining are going to be more of novices anyway so your all good :D

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
@CD-Man i know right!?!?, Oh btw im following the way the manga kinda ended where
Spoiler Spoiler Show

@Taim- ? what do you mean? If anything just go ahead and post it again its fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back