• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marluxia's Element

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

canito_q

It is a part of the story. Marluxia naturally wields it. He has three battle themes, so he's an important character. The only other ones with battle themes are Roxas and Xemnas. Not even Axel!

Doesn't Axel have the fire theme, Larxene the thunder theme, Xaldin the wind theme, Demyx the water theme, Vexen the ice theme, etc?

canito_q

To say that Maru's element is death because he holds a scyth is as rediculous as saying that Demyx's element is music because he carries a sitar.

Maru's element is nature/flowers.

I think his theme is death, or else why would he use ascyth? and the roses are because of the funeral, and don't you see how he grabs Sora in the data fight, he like "you're next!"

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Doesn't Axel have the fire theme, Larxene the thunder theme, Xaldin the wind theme, Demyx the water theme, Vexen the ice theme, etc?

Um.....what? I don't see how that has to do with my quote. But yeah, they have those elements. And Lexaeus has earth.

Gippal

For all you guys that say death isn't an element, let me remind you of:

Nothingness
Space
Illusion
Moon
Time
Light (Maybe...)

Someone else on KHI said earlier that Marluxia's petals were Sakura petals, the Japanese symbol of death. And, plus, his angel of death thing in the "Lord of the Castle" battle look wicked awesome.

Not sure where the Light's (maybe) comes into it, but all of those things are things. Death is a state.
And I don't mean Colorado.
Not sure what the Angel of Death thing is, either, but...
Are those petals 100% definitely Sakura Petals?
Concerning the scythe, they tried to pick out unusual weapons for the Orgy, rather than just swords. As far as I'm concerned, Scythe was bound to come up.
And like... someone... said, it's like saying that Demyx's element is "Music" because his Sitar is an instrument. Or, Axel's power could be "Wheels", and Larzene's is "Kitchen utensils". Hell, Xemnas has gone with the almighty power of "Star Wars Fan".

Oh, and I don't know where the Roses were, either.
But, why would a Nobody lay flowers at a funeral? They have no remorse nor conscience.
So, we could stick with the easier interpretation of flowers being symbolic of flowers...?

Sacred X

Freshmeat
This thread has been done before.

Marluxia's weapon, his scythe, represents death.
His element are flowers.

One can say flowers symbolize life, which gives him a "Life and Death" title, but that's insignificant.

Weapon - Scythe. Scythe represents death.
Element - Flower.

Death is an element, it's just not Marluxia's.

I

The Show Must Go On
This thread has been done before.

Marluxia's weapon, his scythe, represents death.
His element are flowers.

One can say flowers symbolize life, which gives him a "Life and Death" title, but that's insignificant.

Weapon - Scythe. Scythe represents death.
Element - Flower.

Death is an element, it's just not Marluxia's.

To add to this: in Japanese culture, the fall of cherry blossom petals has always been related to death for quite a few reasons - not only does it symbolise the death of the flower, but of the death due to pollen allergies (the month during which cherry blossoms bloom is a reference to death - so many people used to die from pollen allergies, they called the month shigatsu (shi is both a reading for 'four' and for 'death')). Whenever Marluxia 'appeared' in the game, he was always accompanied by the fall of petals - accompanied with the scythe, he seems like quite an incarnation of death.

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com
Ok, so there's undeniable proof that Marluxia does have a death theme to him. But it still can't be his "element" for the simple fact that "death" isn't an element, or at least not to my knowledge. The other org members could be said to have a theme to them, such as Luxord with a gambling theme to him, Demyx with the musical theme to him, and Zexion with a smart/bookish theme.

TwoAcross

I have to throw in my two cents here... if his element was DEATH, he wouldn't need to FIGHT anyone. He'd just have to snap his fingers and BOOM... all his enemies are DEAD. He wouldn't have needed Sora to overthrow the Organization, because he'd be able to kill them HIMSELF. Thus... his element is not death, and it cannot BE death, because no game developer would be utterly STUPID enough to make such an overpowered adversary.

As for the scythe, has anyone who thinks that his element of death actually SEEN his title? "The Graceful Assassin". Now, given that he has a scythe, if his element was death, wouldn't they have called him something like "The Graceful REAPER"???

But as to whether it's flower or nature, Ultimania says that he has "power over plant life"... thus, I say it's flower (with flower just being a title for the wider category of "plant). Although nature seems like a likely candidate, if he had "nature" he'd control animals, too. Not to mention rivers, rocks, sky, etc.... all things found in nature.

SuperSephiroth15

geez like people have said before me, go look it up in Wikipedia, unless you are to lazy to post here and not take two minutes of your life to do a small amount of research...............

if you really want to argue what his element is, go talk to Nomura, not us, we only know what he tells us! Geez!

Gippal

Ok, so there's undeniable proof that Marluxia does have a death theme to him. But it still can't be his "element" for the simple fact that "death" isn't an element, or at least not to my knowledge. The other org members could be said to have a theme to them, such as Luxord with a gambling theme to him, Demyx with the musical theme to him, and Zexion with a smart/bookish theme.

Agreed entirely.
That was really sensible, and I'm going with it. You can all argue all you like, but I like this explanation.
And with this, I take my bow from the thread.

Obscured fire

|?|エリイ|?| Azixel
Website
azixel.deviantart.com
Why do people think Marluxia's element is death?
It is very plainly flowers, hence the whole petally theme.
The closest thing I got to an explanation was "they have flowers in funerals".
They also have flowers in flowers, funnily enough.

Oh, and this thread is not for assholes who just come in and say dumbass things like
"Mrluxa is gai bc hs elemnt is flowrs bc hes pink."
This thread is for people who are above third-grade intelligence levels.

YouTube - Marluxia's true power
Hope this will answer ya EVERY last of your questions.

Last edited:

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Pink hair=flowers=girlie=Marluxia!!!! :D

I personally think it fits him best. Then again, is his hair really pink?

Some used to say it was Lavender or purple?

XD And wasn't one of the flowers symbol meaning something good???

xZora

I have to throw in my two cents here... if his element was DEATH, he wouldn't need to FIGHT anyone. He'd just have to snap his fingers and BOOM... all his enemies are DEAD. He wouldn't have needed Sora to overthrow the Organization, because he'd be able to kill them HIMSELF. Thus... his element is not death, and it cannot BE death, because no game developer would be utterly STUPID enough to make such an overpowered adversary.

As for the scythe, has anyone who thinks that his element of death actually SEEN his title? "The Graceful Assassin". Now, given that he has a scythe, if his element was death, wouldn't they have called him something like "The Graceful REAPER"???

If Marluxia just killed everyone and didn't even fight them, that would be boring. He's probably just trying to overthrow the Organization to entertain himself or something anyway. And assassins kill people. They're like minions of death. And assassins don't have anything to do with flowers, unless there's some secret connection there that I don't know about. So by your logic, if his element is flowers, shouldn't his title be "The Graceful Gardener"?

Some People said:
Look it up in Wikipedia!
You do know that anyone can edit a Wikipedia article, right? If I wanted to, I could just go on there right now and put that Marluxia's power is death. Or that Marluxia is actually Sora's long-lost brother, who ran off to join the circus. Or pretty much anything I wanted to say.

Last edited:

TwoAcross

If Marluxia just killed everyone and didn't even fight them, that would be boring. He's probably just trying to overthrow the Organization to entertain himself or something anyway. And assassins kill people. They're like minions of death. And assassins don't have anything to do with flowers, unless there's some secret connection there that I don't know about. So by your logic, if his element is flowers, shouldn't his title be "The Graceful Gardener"?

Alright, so my point about his title does nothing to prove my point. However, your reasoning for not using death (though I'm POSITIVE that it's NOT his element) to overthrow the Organization doesn't explain certain things... why, when Axel ruined his plan to take over, did he get mad? For him, it should be no problem... he could just kill Sora since he had no further use for him, Axel for ruining his amusement, Namine for betraying him, and then just overthrow the Organization the old-fashioned way. Besides, if his element WAS death, then it should have been nigh impossible for he himself to DIE, now shouldn't it?

Plus, I've thought of something else to make up for my title thing... and to support my theory that weapon does NOT equal element. Notice that, with the exceptions of Xemnas and Roxas (and maybe Xaldin and Lexaeus), none of the other Organization members' weapons actually represent their elements... guns do NOT represent space, a sitar does NOT represent water, a deck of cards does NOT represent time, and anyone who thinks that a BOOK represents ILLUSION has rocks in their head. And to add to it, if his element is death, explain to me why his scythe's coloring is OBVIOUSLY a reference to a flower... pink blade (petals) with bits of yellow (pollen) and a green handle (stem)? Come on, that SCREAMS flower!

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com
You do know that anyone can edit a Wikipedia article, right? If I wanted to, I could just go on there right now and put that Marluxia's power is death. Or that Marluxia is actually Sora's long-lost brother, who ran off to join the circus. Or pretty much anything I wanted to say.

I had to respond to this. It makes me mad how professors at college, people all over the net, and the world are passing around this lie. Wikipedia is somewhat unreliable, depending on what you're looking for... BUT new proticals in the system, to avoid this false theory, people who submit content MUST provide proof that what they are entering exists, IE a link to where the information is gathered. It is then checked out by the admin of Wikipedia, and THEN it is entered.

May I remind you that Larxene also kills people, so does Axel, Luxord, Xemnas, all of them. Does that make them all have death elements? I don't think so. With your logic, I could say that Larxene has a self-entertainment element because she is a sadist, or that Luxord's element is gambling because he carries around cards and his title is the "Gambler of Fate."

Marluxias power has to be like flowers or nature or something like that because the rest of the organization has elemental powers of some sort

Yes, it is nature, to an extent. It's more like flora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back