• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Matthew Fox doesn't have the build, appearance or presence to pull off Captain America.
Captain America needs someone like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, appearance wise. He is a super soldier, after all.

Vladimir Kulich is too old to play Thor. I do think we need a genuine Eastern European to play to role of Thor, but someone younger and they obviously need to be bigger than Cap.

As for Hank Pym, you need someone capable of pulling off an inferiority complex and substance abuse, and someone unafraid to be a woman basher. That's the perfect Yellowjacket.

captain

Bronze Member

Matthew Fox doesn't have the build, appearance or presence to pull off Captain America.
Captain America needs someone like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, appearance wise. He is a super soldier, after all.

Vladimir Kulich is too old to play Thor. I do think we need a genuine Eastern European to play to role of Thor, but someone younger and they obviously need to be bigger than Cap.

As for Hank Pym, you need someone capable of pulling off an inferiority complex and substance abuse, and someone unafraid to be a woman basher. That's the perfect Yellowjacket.

So who do you have in mind? Honestly, I don't know the character of Ant-Man at all, and have no idea where they are taking the story: Hopefully Master Edgar Wright doesn't ruin everything that Marvel is.

Q

Banned

The only movie I'm not looking forward to is the Hulk. =/ He doesn't seem like Bruce Banner to me

unlike in the last Hulk movie, which I thought the guy who played Bruce Banner actually LOOKED like him

captain

Bronze Member
The only movie I'm not looking forward to is the Hulk. =/ He doesn't seem like Bruce Banner to me

unlike in the last Hulk movie, which I thought the guy who played Bruce Banner actually LOOKED like him

Funny think about that is Bruce Banner has no set look. In the comics, he always changed his apperance every couple of issues. And I think Ed Norton looks more like the guy from The Incredible Hulk tv show (which this movie seems a lot like, but with being more faithful to the comics.)
I see where you're coming from. I didn't look forward to Iron Man and it blew my mind. I'm sure Marvel can do the same with Hulk.

Sorry to double post (or whatever), but it seems that Ant-Man and Nick Fury have "unofficial" releases set for 2010 (putting 4 movies in The Avengers in that year!). Hopefully at least Ant-Man will come out next year. I thaught Nick Fury would be more of a spin-off from The Avengers showing his story up till then. That is how it should play out. No word on if Luke Cage is definately a tie-in to the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a

According to both a Marvel Spotlight and vol 1 of the ultimates (ultimate version of avengers) they already have some ideas

1. cap america is brad pitt.
2. iron man was supposed to be johnny depp, but i guess he's already set as Robert Downey Jr.
3. ultimate thor is based on jesus or something, no actor in particular. of course regular thor looks very different from ultimate thor.
4. giant man/ant man would be matthew maconnaghy
5. wasp is "zihi zhang(from house of flying daggers)." in the ultimates, fury says it would be lucy luu, and she says 'of course, because all asians look alike. who's your second choice, bruce lee?'
6. scarlet witch and quicksilver are angelina jolie and her brother.
7. hawkeye is bruce willis
8. banner is steve buscemi. but in the new movie, it's Edward Norton, so i guess that's who it'll be.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Funny think about that is Bruce Banner has no set look. In the comics, he always changed his apperance every couple of issues. And I think Ed Norton looks more like the guy from The Incredible Hulk tv show (which this movie seems a lot like, but with being more faithful to the comics.)
Banner's appearance is always the same. The artist changes. But you can always pick who Banner is, no matter what book he appears in.

Sorry to double post (or whatever), but it seems that Ant-Man and Nick Fury have "unofficial" releases set for 2010 (putting 4 movies in The Avengers in that year!). Hopefully at least Ant-Man will come out next year. I thaught Nick Fury would be more of a spin-off from The Avengers showing his story up till then. That is how it should play out. No word on if Luke Cage is definately a tie-in to the series.
Marvel Studios is doing two films a year. Ant-Man has no script and no cast. We're not seeing it for a while.

According to both a Marvel Spotlight and vol 1 of the ultimates (ultimate version of avengers) they already have some ideas

1. cap america is brad pitt.
2. iron man was supposed to be johnny depp, but i guess he's already set as Robert Downey Jr.
3. ultimate thor is based on jesus or something, no actor in particular. of course regular thor looks very different from ultimate thor.
4. giant man/ant man would be matthew maconnaghy
5. wasp is "zihi zhang(from house of flying daggers)." in the ultimates, fury says it would be lucy luu, and she says 'of course, because all asians look alike. who's your second choice, bruce lee?'
6. scarlet witch and quicksilver are angelina jolie and her brother.
7. hawkeye is bruce willis
8. banner is steve buscemi. but in the new movie, it's Edward Norton, so i guess that's who it'll be.

The Ultimates was written by Mark Millar. It's simply his picks for who he thinks should play the characters he's written. Thankfully he's not a casting director. And the Ultimates are a separate bunch of characters to the normal 616 versions.

Brad Pitt is too old for Captain America now. He's a good look and build, especially in Fight Club, but much too old for Cap.

captain

Bronze Member
@violent_anger & Johnny Stooge: Alright, so what actors do you think should play these character?

A friend of mine had an interesting idea: Tyler Mane as Thor. You may remember him from the first X-Men as Sabortooth. His acting career has excelled since then. Plus, he got screwed out of X-Men Origins:Wolverine, as he was replaced. So, any ideas?

Quit double posting.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

@violent_anger & Johnny Stooge: Alright, so what actors do you think should play these character?

A friend of mine had an interesting idea: Tyler Mane as Thor. You may remember him from the first X-Men as Sabortooth. His acting career has excelled since then. Plus, he got screwed out of X-Men Origins:Wolverine, as he was replaced. So, any ideas?

Quit double posting.
I'm no casting director. And I don't follow Hollywood.

I have no idea who is suitable for characters, because I have no idea what direction they want to go with the characters and mainly because I just don't care enough to go through and pick out anyone. If I stumble upon someone, I may post my opinion.

But just like all internet fanboys, I'll just bitch and moan about everyone elses choices.
Tyler Mane would make a shit Thor.

Thor needs to be classical, passibly Eastern European (he's an Asgardian god and Viking, dur), and a great actor.
I can't imagine many actors capable of pulling off Thor's distinct speech pattern.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

I can't imagine many actors capable of pulling off Thor's distinct speech pattern.
Well Marvel wants Brad Pitt too play Thor in the movie. That isn't what I call a good idea, lol.

I really hope that isn't true.. That is like Jackie Chan playing Captain America, lol. (((IMO it's a bad idea anyway))). I just hope Thor doesn't end up like Elektra.

I don't care does the VA's. As long as there good but I do agree with you on that on his Voice needs too be European.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Except Brad Pitt isn't that bad of a choice as Jackie Chan. Think Achilles in Troy. Not that bad of a Thor really.

I just think the actor should be younger since Thor is an immortal god.

captain

Bronze Member

Actually, I think Brad Pitt would make a better Captain America. As far as Thor goes, Sean Bean? Other wise, I think they should bring in an "unknown" Go to Europe and get a good actor not known in America (or other places) very well. Found a possible actor for Ant-Man: Nolan North. Just a thaught.

captain

Bronze Member

I havn't seen any info on the new Ant-Man movie and it should be due next year. I started researching Ant-Man and related characters and came up with a basic draft for the film. If I can do it in one day, why can't they? (By the way, I'm sorry if it seems a little scattered; I was up past mid-night writing this).
Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym is a brilliant scientist who spends much of his time in his lab. He is a former S.H.I.E.L.D. employee (he left after his fiancée Maria Trovaya, an agent, was killed while on a mission). Pym just wants to make a difference in the world. He is currently working on the Ultron, a personal robot (similar to those seen in I, Robot). Vernon van Dyne, a wealthy scientist working for Nick Fury, is trying to convince Pym to come back to S.H.I.E.L.D. and bring the Ultron with him. Fury sees the military application in this robot and wants it before it falls into the “wrong hands”. Ultron is controlled by a helmet Pym has developed. As a side project, he has been experimenting with shrinking technology. Dyne’s daughter Janet is a good friend of Pym’s giving him encouragement; she is also smart helping him figure out part of the problem with Ultron and an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Because of this, and her father, Jan and Pym occasionally clash but there is an obvious relationship forming between them.
Pym and Jan get Ultron working, however not the helmet to control the android. Ultron is much more advanced than Pym thought having a high intellect. Pym tries using the helmet to program the robot, but it does not work (at least the way he wants. Pym tells an ant to go away and it crawls off in the direction he points; although he doesn’t notice) While he works on Ultron, he tells the robot of his complaints of Vernon, of S.H.I.E.L.D., and mankind. Ultron suggest he work on his other project, the shrinking suit. While Pym is occupied, Ultron downloads information becoming smarter.
Pym shrinks down successfully (and still has the helmet). Suddenly he is swarmed by ants (in the same way he had a nightmare of in the opening sequence). Pym is freaking out and yells out STOP! To his surprise, the ants do what he says. After a funny sequence, Pym returns to find Ultron and all his plans missing. He calls Jan angry, blaming her father for the theft. She defends him, but Pym hangs up. He dawns his shrink suit and helmet. Pym uses the ants and his small size to break into Dyne’s lab; he tries to command Ultron to attack, but the android tells Pym he is not his master and that he changed the frequency on Pym’s helmet so it does not work on him. The ants warn Pym that Dyne is coming, and he shrinks down. Dyne has mass produced Ultron (although they are not as smart) for military use. Ultron thanks him and kills the man. The robot takes control of the lesser version leading them on a rampage against humanity.
Pym tries to fight them off, but finds himself far to outnumbered. He tries to hide, but Jan finds him and begs Pym to help her avenge her father. He agrees, and they storm the lab. The duo are able to shut down all the robots (except Ultron himself).
Pym and Jan are heroes and being rewarded by S.H.I.E.L.D. Pym grows a little as a super hero. He gives Jan the special gift of her own shrink suit with special wings. The two become a super hero team stopping criminals. Pym proposes to Jan and she accepts.
Ultron is back, and he has upgraded himself with stolen weapons. He kidnaps Jan, and Pym goes on to find her. Ultron surprises him, but Ant-Man and Wasp fight the android. Jan is badly wounded in the fight, but Pym holds down Ultron while an army of ants attacks him from the inside. Jan recovers; her and Pym are now closer than ever.
Nick Fury (who personally knows Jan) asks the couple for their help in the Avenger Initiative.
And that's it! (for now) Please, tell me what you think. Let me now what you would do.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Avengers(Possible compilation? continuation?) Movie Discussion

First off, let me say that the incredible Hulk kicks so much ass. Great movie.

Second, I know that some of you out there have already been thinking about this. You may or may not be a member of this site, but I know that there are. Marvel is up to something big. Bigger than anything they've done as of yet. they're actually strung together Iron Man and The Hulk! this is only the beginning though. More will come, all being connected by the same thread. and that thread is "The Avengers."

Most of you will know of the iron man tidbit after the credits. This is what got a lot of people thinking, probably.
Iron Man:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

By itself, not all that much. Sign posting a sequal to be sure. But after seeing the ending of the Hulk, this got me to thinking.

The Incredible Hulk
Spoiler Spoiler Show

After seeing this, I just started laughing. Because I thought that this can only lead to one thing. Marvel is Bringing the Avengers to the cinematic screens in a way Never thought possible. Creating movies about the original members of the Avengers, then bringing it to a glorious movie adventure!

However, I have reason to believe that not everybody in the original Avengers will make it to the big screens before the Movie. Some of them were strictly small time, and never grew in popularity, such as the ant man and the wasp. The full roster was:

Iron Man
The Hulk
Ant-Man
The Wasp
Thor
Captain America(Replaced Hulk on team in issue four of the original series. Soon became the identifying figure)

I have reason to doubt that they would do movies on the Ant-man and Wasp(But still possible), but I think we can look forward to a movie of Thor and Captain America. Maybe one possible ending of a captain america movie is where they finaly find him trapped in the ice, like they did in the original run?

I don't know for sure what Marvel has planned, but one thing's for sure. They are doing it in a big way. and they've already got two of the original team down. They're probably going to do the rest in the next two years or so, if they're gonna do what I think they're going to at all.

Anybody have thoughts?

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Re: Avengers(Possible compilation? continuation?) Movie Discussion

Good timeline. I'm more likely to think that Ant-man has a better chance to making it to the big screen than the Wasp.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

Thor has been Rumored to make a Cameo Appearance in Iron Man 2.

Not positive if that was confirmed yet but all those films listed above have.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Of course, everything here is obviously theoretical at this point.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

I just read that a scene was cut from the Hulk movie that involved Banner killing himself. But before he can do it he meets up with Captain America. The director said the scene would eventually be online to see and will for sure be on the dvd. He wouldnt specify when or where the clip would be released. But its confirmed that Captain America, while not in the final cut, does meet Bruce Banner.

Captain America IS in Hulk 2! Confirmed! - MoviesOnline
Above is the link to the article I got this info from.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I just read that a scene was cut from the Hulk movie that involved Banner killing himself. But before he can do it he meets up with Captain America. The director said the scene would eventually be online to see and will for sure be on the dvd. He wouldnt specify when or where the clip would be released. But its confirmed that Captain America, while not in the final cut, does meet Bruce Banner.

Captain America IS in Hulk 2! Confirmed! - MoviesOnline
Above is the link to the article I got this info from.

This is a remake, not a sequal buddy. Captain america wasn't in this.

Back