• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
Awards
I disagree.

It has an incredibly talented and diverse cast. It’s the first MCU film directed by a Academy Award Beat Picture winner, who is also the first Asian woman to direct an MCU film. It utilizes more real world locations as opposed to green screens. It will explore the history of the MCU that we haven’t seen before. It’ll have the most significant LGBTQ+ representation in an MCU film to date. It’s a relative unknown group of superheroes, which gives them a lot of creative flexibility like they had with Guardians of the Galaxy.

There’s a lot reasons for people to be excited about it even without footage. To me, it seems like it’s being overlooked more than anything, especially with the hype surrounding No Way Home, Dr Strange, etc.
Those are all good things, I won't argue with that.

But at the same time I'm kinda just tired of people praising it as if it already came out, without taking into account how that would effect the reception of it.

Like, if ya wanna call it the best movie ever, fine. But wouldn't it make more sense to do it after you've actually seen the movie? I'm not saying "Don't get excited" or anything, cuz like you said there's a buncha reasons to be excited.

I don't really know how to get this across without sounding like a jerk...I just kinda feel like these people should tone it down a bit and set their expectations?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Those are all good things, I won't argue with that.

But at the same time I'm kinda just tired of people praising it as if it already came out, without taking into account how that would effect the reception of it.

Like, if ya wanna call it the best movie ever, fine. But wouldn't it make more sense to do it after you've actually seen the movie? I'm not saying "Don't get excited" or anything, cuz like you said there's a buncha reasons to be excited.

I don't really know how to get this across without sounding like a jerk...I just kinda feel like these people should tone it down a bit and set their expectations?
Yeah I get what you’re saying. It is important to temper expectations for sure.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly I'm having a hard time getting excited for the eternals, because I found them kinda boring in the comics. I expect the MCU to be able to change that around like they did with the Guardians.

You do raise a lot of good points for people to be excited, but I personally need to see more first.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I've found that I'm never excited for anything Marvel until I go to the movies and see the films. It has worked well for me, I get to enjoy it while not worrying about them.

Even Endgame, the biggest thing to ever happen to cinema didn't interest me. Saw it in theaters and loved it. Eternals is probably going to be the same experience.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can I be honest?

Eternals is being extremely overhyped due to how everyone seems to be praising it to hell and back despite it not even being out yet and with zero footage before today.
Eternals is a sci-fi superhero ensemble movie that's a multi-millenial period piece. The movie is going to be a commentary about humanity and the cast is the most authentically diverse in a Marvel Studios movie to date, what's not to hype?
Honestly I'm having a hard time getting excited for the eternals, because I found them kinda boring in the comics. I expect the MCU to be able to change that around like they did with the Guardians.
I recommend you read the latest Eternals ongoing comic by Kieron Gillen and Esad Ribic. It's an interesting murder mystery involving Thanks who himself is an Eternal. The series also repurposes the Eternals as cosmic angels instead of god's/demigods.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I only have casual interest in superhero films. I will watch many of them and enjoy them for what they are, but only a few I would buy. But I would say I'm excited about The Eternals. I don't know who most of these characters are anymore. I certainly had no idea who / what GOTG, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man, or Deadpool were before those films were released.

It's really just the cast for The Eternals that is causing the excitement for me, personally... What a top-down incredible cast. It would be quite the disaster if it turned out not to be any good with all those names involved.

Awards
No, the entire film synopsis leaked online from a test screening. I read the whole thing and I can’t tell you what the film is about. It was like trying to read Japanese with only one Japanese lesson under your belt.
Crazy how basically the entire plot of the movie leaked before we even got a second of footage.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for a Spidey trailer.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
No, the entire film synopsis leaked online from a test screening. I read the whole thing and I can’t tell you what the film is about. It was like trying to read Japanese with only one Japanese lesson under your belt.

At least it not like The Rise of Skywalker. I remember everyone thought the leak was fake because of how bad it was. Oh how wrong we were.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At least it not like The Rise of Skywalker. I remember everyone thought the leak was fake because of how bad it was. Oh how wrong we were.
Yeah xD it’s honestly not a bad read compared to that piece of trash. This just lacks context. It’s a project that makes more sense in execution than on paper.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yeah I’ve read the entire plot of Eternals and I still have no idea what the movie is and why I should be excited.
Marvel Studios has intentionally withheld promotional material for Eternals. Once the movie is closer to release and the movie is in the marketing phase, they'll give a valid reason for casual moviegoers to be excited for the movie.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Marvel Studios has intentionally withheld promotional material for Eternals. Once the movie is closer to release and the movie is in the marketing phase, they'll give a valid reason for casual moviegoers to be excited for the movie.
I don't doubt that, but it's just astounding to me that it was supposed to release last year and all we've seen of it is that snippet we got on Monday.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm curious about Eternals but without a trailer dropping, I'm just not hyped yet.

Shang-chi's trailer is fun but because I never liked the character in the comics so I'm not feeling it so far. They could always win me over.

D

Deleted member 246005

The gag at the end was pretty fun. However I'm still lukewarm on the film. Maybe another trailer will change my mind. It would've been cool if the Eternals popped up post Infinity War but before Endgame. It could've been a fun way to explore the post-Snap world.

Carol could wait XD.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I still don't know what to make of this movie. Which in a way is a good thing makes it easier to be positively surprised or impressed. I'm going to watch it at least once regardless of my impressions from the trailers.

Back