• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Marvel's Jessica Jones

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
So part of me thought that when he 'powered up' in the last episode that he would turn purple. It's hard to tell, but it looks like his veins started bulging in his face and turned purple as he leaned back. It was really quick but I guess they kept it grounded. Probably for the better.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So part of me thought that when he 'powered up' in the last episode that he would turn purple. It's hard to tell, but it looks like his veins started bulging in his face and turned purple as he leaned back. It was really quick but I guess they kept it grounded. Probably for the better.

I thought the same thing. Was a tad disappointed they didnt take it that way but oh well lol

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
There's nothing to suggest Cap, or Hulk, or Hawkeye, or Black Widow, or all but maybe two of the people (Thor and Vision) you just named would be immune to Kilgrave's abilities. Literally nothing. Purple Man has caused trouble for the Avengers before. Hell, Jessica was an Avenger in the comics.

Mostly everybody has been nerfed for the mcu, his powers are biological to the point they referred to it as a virus. Cap couldnt catch cancer, let alone a mind control bug and do you honestly think it'll work on hulk? Black widow and hawkeye were probably just grasping for straws i admit but as long as tony and rhodey are in they're armor they wont be affected by it, whether the iron man suit has a filtration system (obviously) or can block sound (definitely).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Watched the 9th episode of Jessica Jones yesterday, and the end of that episode has to be one the nastiest things I have seen in a long while. More tomorrow!

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
This was amazing. I loved that girl power final confrontation. SO glad Jessica didn't end up needing Luke Cage to rescue her.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This was amazing. I loved that girl power final confrontation. SO glad Jessica didn't end up needing Luke Cage to rescue her.

the nice part is that she needed to save him: )

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
So, I watched the first episode, and it didn't grab my interest until after 20 minutes and the ENDING, my goodness the ending. Should I continue this show?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
So, I watched the first episode, and it didn't grab my interest until after 20 minutes and the ENDING, my goodness the ending. Should I continue this show?

I say yes. The first episode is the slowest one. I find Jessica Jones to build more on tension and drama than any other superhero based show, so it is a bit of a slower burn than some of the ones you may be accustomed to. It's Marvel's best show in my opinion, and is definitely worth continuing, especially if the end grabbed you.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I say yes. The first episode is the slowest one. I find Jessica Jones to build more on tension and drama than any other superhero based show, so it is a bit of a slower burn than some of the ones you may be accustomed to. It's Marvel's best show in my opinion, and is definitely worth continuing, especially if the end grabbed you.
Indeed. I watched the second episode and I'm immediately hooked. Sooo superior to the first one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I hope Daredevil's next season only has blind directors then.
I do too; Daredevil having a blind director would be fucking awesome. (I'm not being sarcastic.)

I do have to ask why you're opposed to JJ only having female directors for the next season? More shows than I can even name have been solely directed by males.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I do too; Daredevil having a blind director would be fucking awesome. (I'm not being sarcastic.)

I do have to ask why you're opposed to JJ only having female directors for the next season? More shows than I can even name have been solely directed by males.

Not opposed to female directors by any stretch of the imagination. Prioritizing diversity over talent is what's not okay. Purposefully choosing directors only because there are female is discriminating.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not opposed to female directors by any stretch of the imagination. Prioritizing diversity over talent is what's not okay. Purposefully choosing directors only because there are female is discriminating.

There is a difference between prioritizing diversity over talent, and diversifying talent. Opening the door to women in media is by no means a bad thing and can only make positive change in the long run. If luke cage showrunners decided all s2 directors would be black, it would be a great move imo.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
There is a difference between prioritizing diversity over talent, and diversifying talent. Opening the door to women in media is by no means a bad thing and can only make positive change in the long run. If luke cage showrunners decided all s2 directors would be black, it would be a great move imo.

No there's not. If you pick someone for a job solely because of their gender, skin color, etc over a person who's more qualified regardless of their features, that's literally discrimination. By all means, open the door to women or whoever else in media, but only if they've earned it, not because some special snowflakes think they deserve it. That's just making them a token.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back