• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Master Odin is confirmed as Xehanort's Master in Kingdom Hearts Dark Road

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Fun fact for those thinking he looks like Gandalf and not knowing why: Gandalf's design is actually based on Odin (Tolkien was a huge mythology fan, specifically Norse and English). While most know Odin as the one-eyed king of the gods, he also often traveled on Earth disguised as a cloaked old man with a wide-brimmed hat

The more you know. Great info.

If your main association with Odin comes from other fantasy depictions such as the Gargoyles TV show, Final Fantasy, the Warriors Orochi franchise or games like Odin Sphere you're not used to think of him as a wizard-esque figure.

Will Master Odin be the one to teach Xehanort how to acquire vessels?
Considering it seems Luxu is the one to do it (chronologically) first the technique has to be older than that but I remember Xehanort stating in his BBS reports that transferring hearts, both their own and others, is an ability all true Keyblade Masters have access to.

And besides, transferring your own heart to a vessel does not always have to mean forced possession and/or taking over a vessel that's already "occupied".

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Xehanort would here of the ability from Odin but Odin himself wouldnt teach it to him. Not unless Odin himself is secretly an evil person deep down
If all Keyblade Masters have the ability to transfer hearts it is not necessarily evil in itself. It depends on how it is used.

And yeah, forcefully taking over other beings is certainly evil to quite a degree, no contest on that.

I'm actually still somewhat baffled that someone like Xehanort apparently actually had "friends" beyond Eraqus. Although, considering the Xehanort we know the chances are pretty high he's going to betray and vanquish them all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If all Keyblade Masters have the ability to transfer hearts it is not necessarily evil in itself. It depends on how it is used.

And yeah, forcefully taking over other beings is certainly evil to quite a degree, no contest on that.

I'm actually still somewhat baffled that someone like Xehanort apparently actually had "friends" beyond Eraqus. Although, considering the Xehanort we know the chances are pretty high he's going to betray and vanquish them all.
Well from what we saw of apprentice Xehanort in the KH3 flashbacks he came off as a decent kid at times. Despite some interest in Darkness. I could see him having a group of friends in his youth before his darker ambitions took over

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Who knows, maybe he considered them as acquaintances as opposed to friends, and Eraqus is the only reason why he makes an attempt to get along with them. Or maybe these other pupils are more malicious and nefarious then they're letting themselves out to be which further justifies Xehanort's belief that the light within the hearts of people is a farce? Just my guesses.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Who knows, maybe he considered them as acquaintances as opposed to friends, and Eraqus is the only reason why he makes an attempt to get along with them. Or maybe these other pupils are more malicious and nefarious then they're letting themselves out to be which further justifies Xehanort's belief that the light within the hearts of people is a farce? Just my guesses.

I think people close and dear to Master Xehanort will have to do very questionable things for him him to become a Seeker.
I can see Nomura making these character similar to the Prequel Era Jedi, defenders of justice led astray by dark deeds.

sakonan7

Awards
Master Odin also makes me wonder if other Keyblade Masters are named after the summons from Final Fantasy. Odin is a summon from Final Fantasy and Yozora fights Bahamut in his game, Verum Rex

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
With all these references you think Nomura might introduce the concept Yggdrasil? Seeing how the tree connects the nine worlds and worldlines are a concept, I think Nomura might be tempted to go down that rabbit hole.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think this idea is already in effect with Scala.
Yep. Scala ad Caelum is the nexus from which all worlds spring. The worlds perhaps doesn't mean each individual world, but rather Worldlines.

Speaking of which, perhaps this is the game where the concept of Worldlines is further explored. And maybe the reason as to why the worlds we visit won't be very different is because they're another version of the worlds from other Worldlines.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Anyone else might think Xehanort and Odin might have a Tom Riddle and Slughorn style relationship? Xehanort is likely going to be a gifted Keyblade user so perhaps Odin plays favorites and that's where the jealous from the new kids comes in.

Also maybe Odin's exams involve finding the White Rabbit in Wonderland. How cruel that would be lol.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Wow, they literally stuck the one eyed monster into this game as well? Right when I finished playing GoD of WaR. Haha color me hyped! Hopefully he isn't MoM or Luxu!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's something on my mind: didn't Luxu know that Xehanort was the Keyblade Wielder that the MoM had been waiting for? That means that we may finally see Luxu play active in this game in order to ensure that No Name is passed on, seeing as how he did say he had an active role in supervising that No Name be passed on.

Cumguardian69

Awards
There's something on my mind: didn't Luxu know that Xehanort was the Keyblade Wielder that the MoM had been waiting for? That means that we may finally see Luxu play active in this game in order to ensure that No Name is passed on, seeing as how he did say he had an active role in supervising that No Name be passed on.
He didn't know outright because he never had a BoP. He was just told to look for a Master that had an affinity for darkness.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yep. Scala ad Caelum is the nexus from which all worlds spring. The worlds perhaps doesn't mean each individual world, but rather Worldlines.

Speaking of which, perhaps this is the game where the concept of Worldlines is further explored. And maybe the reason as to why the worlds we visit won't be very different is because they're another version of the worlds from other Worldlines.

That... would actually make a lot of sense. It would explain the justification of the cast travelling to Disney worlds in Dark Road.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Disney worlds in Dark Road, are they going to be like how they were in the other mobile games? Like not the real ones or digital ones? I keep forgetting how the Disney worlds work in the mobile games :(

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That... would actually make a lot of sense. It would explain the justification of the cast travelling to Disney worlds in Dark Road.
Would explain Xehanort's opinion of the denizens of the worlds: he had visited a Worldline where its inhabitants weren't worthy of the light and/or had a false light.

Also, I wonder if the scene between Young Xehanort and MoM happened in Sora's Worldline or in a Worldline where the MoM is.

Also, also: what if KH3's epilogue with Luxu and the Foretellers happened in some other Worldline and not in Sora's? Well, Maleficent is there, but perhaps she was unto something when he told Pete that the matter of the Blackbox is a matter of when.

To the best of my understanding:

The Disney worlds in Dark Road, are they going to be like how they were in the other mobile games? Like not the real ones or digital ones? I keep forgetting how the Disney worlds work in the mobile games :(

KHx = projections from the Book of Prophecies of Disney worlds
KH Union Cross = Data recreations

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
English:

Xehanort.jpg

Eraqus.jpg
Hermod.jpg
Urd.jpg
Bragi.jpg