• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Master" Terra?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Wasn't it said somewhere that special nobodies might age or that Xemnas might have Terra's locked (dormant) heart in him? If that's the case, he might of been an exception to the "nobodies don't age" rule.
It was speculated that they might, but it's never been outright confirmed. Not to mention, Roxas doesn't age over the course of his year, yet he is a special Nobody.

αsiя

space coke
I gotta a feeling that Nomura retconned the whole age thing. That or he changed his mind on having Xemnas being 30. I still don't see why Nomura decided to say that Nobodies don't age. Clearly Zexion, Axel, Saix, and Xigbar (some say Vexen and Namine too) have aged. Sure we don't know exactly when Lea and Isa joined but I don't think they sprouted to that age in one year, especially Ienzo. It would of caused less confusion if he said that Nobodies still age, that's why I gotta a feeling he just retconned it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
αsiя;5145138 said:
I gotta a feeling that Nomura retconned the whole age thing. That or he changed his mind on having Xemnas being 30. I still don't see why Nomura decided to say that Nobodies don't age. Clearly Zexion, Axel, Saix, and Xigbar (some say Vexen and Namine too) have aged. Sure we don't know exactly when Lea and Isa joined but I don't think they sprouted to that age in one year, especially Ienzo. It would of caused less confusion if he said that Nobodies still age, that's why I gotta a feeling he just retconned it.
I think he doesn't care about the ages so much as the events.
I mean, like i said, Ven is like 15 at the start of the game, then he connects his heart to Sora, 4 years later BBS happens. 4 years pass and Ven doesn't look any different.

I think he could just take the "darkness made them age quicker" route, as Xehanort said his body had grown frail/old within that year which is why he ditched it in the first place. -shrugs-

It's either that or he forgot that they became Nobodies only a year after BBS, and thought it to be longer.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think Sora is probably one of the strongest keyblade wielders currently and that's why people are prasing his skills but if TAV MX and ME were to show themselves they'd put Sora's skills to shame. I mean Sora's strong and all but he's been going on extinct and little experience where as TAV, MX, and ME had the proper training. Roxas could probably be a better wielder than Sora is in experience seeing how Roxas had his keyblade for nearly a year...wait scratch that he was in a coma for like 60 days in total. Even so in KH Roxas proves to be too much and Sora only wins cuz he catches Roxas off guard. another thing I think Roxas couldn't get his keyblade back from Riku because Riku could wield a keyblade in the first place. Riku did the same thing to Sora in KH1, before Sora could call it back or it'd return to him but when Riku had it Sora's couldn't get it back but Riku had to throw it to him. I think the same applied to Roxas. Terra is obviously a better fighter than Sora and he wasn't granted the title of Master. Sora has potential to be a master but until he is formally trained and given the title by another Master he doesn't deserve the title no matter how many hours we use him in game.

Awards
I don't. Otherwise Jack Sparrow now has the ability to wield the Keyblade =/

To be fair, though, Terra performed that rite without being formally announced as a Master. So there's a difference between holding the title of Master and having the power of one.

Sora could technically have done it, then. But I really don't think he's at the level of a Master anyway.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
That's true but didn't it stay in Riku's hand as well as Terra's? And didn't it stay in Kairi's as well as Aqua's? With Jack it just poofed outta there like the keyblade was like: "damn! rejected!"

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That's true but didn't it stay in Riku's hand as well as Terra's? And didn't it stay in Kairi's as well as Aqua's? With Jack it just poofed outta there like the keyblade was like: "damn! rejected!"
That's because Sora called it back, you could argue. And it's the contact where they are both holding it that is what matters, not whether it flashed elsewhere after.

Not that it matters, it's pretty much guaranteed that Sora isn't a true Master yet.

Aquaman OS

Well no, Kairi just grabbed onto it for a second as she was hiding behind Aqua, and Riku only held it for about 1 second before Terra took it back. Jack actually holds it for a few seconds before Sora summons it back to him, making it just vague enough to not be able to tell for sure what happened.

At least when Leon took it it immediately warped back to Sora's hand when it rejected him, which makes sense because Leon's heart is probably not very strong at the moment, since he's ashamed of his own name. Keyblades and self doubt don't mix well.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Well no, Kairi just grabbed onto it for a second as she was hiding behind Aqua, and Riku only held it for about 1 second before Terra took it back. Jack actually holds it for a few seconds before Sora summons it back to him, making it just vague enough to not be able to tell for sure what happened.

At least when Leon took it it immediately warped back to Sora's hand when it rejected him, which makes sense because Leon's heart is probably not very strong at the moment, since he's ashamed of his own name. Keyblades and self doubt don't mix well.

Riku had it in hand for more than a second and isn't that both the master and the nominee have to be touching the keyblade?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
So, I was looking through some of the pages of the KH Wiki, and on their page listing Keyblade wielders, they have a specific section for Keyblade Masters. Aqua was in there, obviously, but I saw that Terra was not. Now, as anyone who's played/watched BBS, they know by now that Terra, in Eraqus' point of view, failed the Qualification Exam, and was not made a Master. However, later on, even though it was for his own deeds and not exactly "proper," Master Xehanort deemed Terra a Master, and on multiple occasions as well.

So, would we consider Terra a real Master because of this? Though it was not official, the only reason Eraqus did not pass Terra was because Eraqus did not agree with darkness. Terra is well on par with the Masters, if not stronger.

As well, can we consider Sora a Master? Yes, it was only the Lingering Sentiment that deemed him so, but, Sora is quite strong enough to be on par with Masters, especially after all he's done. No, he does not have some of the Keyblade powers as the others do, but that's because he has not had formal enough training.

So, what do you guys think? Are Terra and Sora actual Masters?

I think that as far as skill, Terra IS a master.

Now about the Lingering Sentiment. I watched ALL the clips, and I know the wiki CLAIMS that it deemed Sora a master. Turns out it didn't. If Sora beats it a second time, it just sits back down, not saying (or humming or whatever) a word. Plus the journal says that the Lingering Sentiment's mastery of the Keyblade far surpasses Sora, so I doubt Sora's a master yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back