• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Master" Terra?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
So, I was looking through some of the pages of the KH Wiki, and on their page listing Keyblade wielders, they have a specific section for Keyblade Masters. Aqua was in there, obviously, but I saw that Terra was not. Now, as anyone who's played/watched BBS, they know by now that Terra, in Eraqus' point of view, failed the Qualification Exam, and was not made a Master. However, later on, even though it was for his own deeds and not exactly "proper," Master Xehanort deemed Terra a Master, and on multiple occasions as well.

So, would we consider Terra a real Master because of this? Though it was not official, the only reason Eraqus did not pass Terra was because Eraqus did not agree with darkness. Terra is well on par with the Masters, if not stronger.

As well, can we consider Sora a Master? Yes, it was only the Lingering Sentiment that deemed him so, but, Sora is quite strong enough to be on par with Masters, especially after all he's done. No, he does not have some of the Keyblade powers as the others do, but that's because he has not had formal enough training.

So, what do you guys think? Are Terra and Sora actual Masters?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura says that no matter how many times MX tries to flatter Terra by calling him "Master", Terra is not a master because was never given the official title by Eraqus.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ah. Where did he say that? Not that I doubt it, but I would just like to know where.

Here:
-- The Keyblade succession can only be performed by a Keyblade Master, but we see Terra performing this rite with Riku - does this mean we can consider Terra a Keyblade Master?
Nomura: No. Terra was not awarded that title by his Master Eraqus, so no matter how Master Xehanort flatters him he is not a Keyblade Master. But that's just a matter of whether or not he's achieved the official title. Even Eraqus recognised that Terra possessed suitable power to be a Master, which is why he was able to perform the rite for Riku.

Birth by Sleep Plot Mysteries Interview - Kingdom Hearts Insider

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ah. Well, then...guess this thread can be closed, really...

Well ok, better question. Sora may not be an official Master, but does anyone think he's as strong as one?

I do.
I don't. Otherwise Jack Sparrow now has the ability to wield the Keyblade =/

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
All said by other characters who wouldn't even have a clue what being a master means...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
well if terra is not a master then neither is sora becuse it was said by the lingering sentiment who embodies the thughts and feelng of terra.
p.s. (by the way i dont think soar actually defeats the lingering sentiment, its like when we fight leon for the first time in kh1 he beat him but not reall cuz i do not truly believe he gave his full on effort in trying to destroy sora.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Ah. Well, then...guess this thread can be closed, really...

Well ok, better question. Sora may not be an official Master, but does anyone think he's as strong as one?

I do.

Lol no. He is still a noob.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Sora is like an average fighter. The reason he wouldnt be up to par against TAV is because he was never really given proper training. Granted nor does Roxas have much training but in comparison to Sora Roxas have a million more times control over Light than Sora does. Reconnect has made me want to see the return of Sora but from what we've seen he doesnt even compare to TAV

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
There is no doubt Terra is as strong as a Master, but he's not officialy a master. Yes, he has the strength of a master but he has yet to formaly be given the title of master.

It's hard to tell if Sora has the strength of a master, we need to have a way to compare Sora to Terra, Aqua, Master Eraqus, or Master Xehanort. If he could beat one of these then we can say he has the strength of a master, but until then it's hard to say.

Aquaman OS

Lingering Sentiment at no point says anything to Sora about being a Master. I've no idea who started that rumor but he only says that "The power I sense in you is...." and then goes back to sleep and upon return he only says "You've returned young Keyblade user, but there's nothing I can do for you beyond testing our powers. All I am is my hatred of Xehanort, let your heart understand it well."

So yeah, Sora's not a Master. How can he hold a title of an organization he doesn't even belong to? Same with Mickey, he never belonged to the Keyblade masters either.

The title of Master turned out to be pointless anyway.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
actualy roxas did have some training via organiazation but all that should have been passed down to sora
now that hes a compleate person again, i wonder if when the memeories of castle oblivion return to him if his powere will grow
alot of the techinques and skill in birth by sleep sora knew how to do in chain of memeories i want those powers back

Aquaman OS

Roxas knows less about the Keyblade than even Sora does. Most notably he doesn't know you can call it back to you, since when Riku steals Oblivion in Days, he has to let him have it until he gives it back rather than call it back to him, and when he disarms Sora he's totally taken by surprise when Sora resummons it and attacks him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back