• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's motivation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cas

Master Xehanort said in his report that he wants to get Kingdom Hearts so he can restore balance to Light and Darkness because Light has become far too pervasive. So what are the negative consequences of having too much Light in the worlds that Xehanort was worried about? We've seen what happens when the Darkness gets too strong but what about the Light? Xehanort left that kind of vague.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Most chalk it up to Xehanort simply lying or trying to put a pure reason behind his other wise greedy motives. As far as been shown there's no real negative effect to too much light. Theoretically one can become "blinded by the light" and the brighter a light is, the bigger of a shadow it casts and thus creates more darkness, but unlike darkness which can corrode, light doesn't seem to have any natural negative effects. Best case scenario is that MX was a little paranoid and at one time had the best of intentions until darkness corrupted him but that doesn't seem likely.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
light and darkness are always at a balance one way or another regardless of how the story progresses... just like Ruran said, the more light there is,there is a shadow just as great. The good news is that light has no inheirent flaws although at the cost of balance being kept, light is just as strong as darkness and always will be. So when light is really strong, so is darkness. And although the concept of 'good triumphing over evil' is pleasing to the human mind, it would go against our own concept of balance if that happened. and I do believe xehanort is corrupt because if he had the same standpoint as Ruran did on the concept of balance... he would see that there was balance in the worlds regardless of what he trid to change it an if he did there'd be no point to KH's plot if there was no villain.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's a convenient excuse for Xehanort to justify his striving for god-like power and immense knowledge. By casting the world as "impure" or "unbalanced" he can bring up the pretext for his aim to destroy the universe and remake it how he sees fit. By further designating Light as the "primary problem" and the element upsetting the balance he has another pretext to advocate the excessive use of Darkness.

That much of the actual "imbalance" in the worlds comes from his own shenanigans if of course just the icing on the cake.

Somehow, I notice that Xehanort has quite some unpleasant parallels to CLU from Tron: Legacy regarding all this perfection-crap and "remaking the world" which screws over thousands.

cas

Thanks for the responses I suppose Xehanort could have been lying to himself to satisfy whatever conscience he had left, but everything I've read about the guy suggests his desire to bring balance to Light and Darkness was sincere, at least at first. His journal entry even calls him a "staunch advocate for a world where light and darkness are equal." And he has a point when he says Eraqus has succumbed to the Light when Eraqus unhesitatingly tries to kill Ven. The closest thing I've found as an answer to this is in a book that says "Too much light can hurt the eyes, and fire burns."

Last edited:

Xammag

Master Xehanort said in his report that he wants to get Kingdom Hearts so he can restore balance to Light and Darkness because Light has become far too pervasive. So what are the negative consequences of having too much Light in the worlds that Xehanort was worried about? We've seen what happens when the Darkness gets too strong but what about the Light? Xehanort left that kind of vague.

I believe that when MX was young and just starting to travel the worlds, he truly believed that darkness and light should be treated equally. We see throughout KH that light is seen as good and darkness is seen as bad. There's not a real balance there. Riku and DiZ both show us that, while darkness can corrupt, it can also be used for good just as light can be used for ill purposes despite the intentions. I think that MX just lost his ideals along the way and "maintaining the balance" became "make darkness superior", as we see he is just trying to do the opposite extreme of what he started out against.

zaqareemalcolm

If you ask me, MX's motivation isn't that he feels the suppossed balance of Light and Darkness is false. His speech with Eraqus indictes that he want the Keyblade War to happen because he wants to know what the new world would become after it is consumed by Darkness again. While does desire a world where darkness is held in the same regard as light, he probably feels any new World the war would create would be better than the current World Sora and co. live in.

Waves_Blade

TBH, I'd prefer his motivation to be pure curiosity, just willing to see the entire universe burn just to see what happens. None of the overused become a god and make everything the way I see it stuff.

Willing to ruin everyone's lives just for the sake of curiosity, MX keeping it classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back