• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's new Voice Actor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Look below my response

Bam.

A few years ago i was a billy zane purist but that was before i gave epcar a listen and he's pretty diddlying good at voicing SoD now.
Helps that he was able to strut his stuff instead of what looked to be like copying Zane and Akio Ohtsuka's performance before.

Royce & Mueller

I think you guys are gonna have to accept that Master Xehanort is no longer gonna be showing up in any capacity (other than maybe flashbacks) since both of his voice actors passed away.

But that's okay! We've got Young Xehanort and the power of retconning the fuck out of the canon! So it's all good.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think you guys are gonna have to accept that Master Xehanort is no longer gonna be showing up in any capacity (other than maybe flashbacks) since both of his voice actors passed away.

But that's okay! We've got Young Xehanort and the power of retconning the diddly out of the canon! So it's all good.

I kinda like the idea of not having Master Xehanort talk in respect to his Japanese actor (and of course Nimoy). It would be an interesting approach. But all this building-up for a grand finale with the mastermind behind all, just to not have him talk? I'm kinda torn, like 65-35 percent between having a replacement, or not having him talk.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I think Frank Welker could voice-match Nimoy pretty well, especially since Nimoy voice-matched for Welker in Transformers: The Movie as Galvatron. Fred Tatasciore would also be a really good choice.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yeah I'll take Lloyd. He's easy to get too, he does tons of little voice work all the time (like those crappy, poorly animated CGI movies you see on Netflix or something). Scott Glenn sounds a lot like non-Xehanort Nimoy honestly, but Lloyd is probably the best choice.

Zak1403

I honestly could see them just using Young Xehanort to explain all end game stuff, but I would prefer a replacement.
Anyone would do as long as they can bring the same level of awe I feel when listening to Master Xehanort

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Geezernort has always been a chatty villain. It'd be weird if he just suddenly went silent, with or without an explanation.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I kind of think it's a bigger disrespect to the actors to leave their characters voiceless. If Kingdom Hearts had taken that route, Mickey wouldn't be speaking and how on earth can you deny the world Mickey Mouse? It's not honorable, it's a diservice to the story they agreed to help tell.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Although many people will certainly dislike such an approach, they do have a precedent for the case of old "Master Xehanort" still being the main villain but speaking with a different voice.

In the finale of DDD Master Xehanort takes direct possession of his younger self before and while fighting Riku.
So it is entirely possible to make such a possession case permanent for a while in KH III (possibly even to "anchor" Young Xehanort in the present) and have Master Xehanort speak through his younger self.

In DDD when MX took control Young Xehanort's eyes flashed,so there would even be a visual indicator for when the actual Young Xehanort is speaking or when it is old MX.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
hate me all you want for resurrecting an old thread, but khinsider manifested reality in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back