• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's Reports Roughly Translated (Spoilers A-Plenty)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordo

Re: Master Xehanort's Letters Roughly Translated (Spoilers A-Plenty)

True, however he/she paraphrased the reports meaning this rough translation has more opinion then facts.Resulting in a big fanfic.

I'm sorry but I just can't conclusively connect paraphrasing and skim-translating japanese to fanfiction right now. Claiming this as a big fanfic is kind of an exaggeration at this point in time, and until the complete translation appears, this is something we can work with. I'd be more inclinded to say that a paraphrase is a summary of context, not necessarily an opinion. At least, that's what writing and law school classes have taught me.

Jordo

I mean yeah we could go on and on ahaha, but own words is an arbitrary phrase. Though you might be paraphrasing something using your own words, the context is not necessarily yours. Paraphrase/abbreviate/summarize, all these words are arbitrary. Perhaps me using the word paraphrase to title the thread was mistake, hence what your main problem is, but I feel these are more or less summaries of the reports, not opinions. First person opinions typically have the use of "I think/my thoughts/I believe/I suggest...it goes on. I'm not completely denying your thoughts on a potential large margin of error for the gamefaqs info, but don't completely dismiss or turn shoulder to this until more information is available, or do as you wish :)

Sylvos

So MX has decently good ideas, but totally is all radical about it and does bad stuff to make good stuff happen in the future. I'm thinking Neutral Evil here, but I could be wrong, obviously.

Gram

Banned
Awards

So MX has decently good ideas, but totally is all radical about it and does bad stuff to make good stuff happen in the future. I'm thinking Neutral Evil here, but I could be wrong, obviously.
kinda like xemnas.

this-v best describes it
Not exactly... It's more like there's not good nor evil in KH, just several points of view.
It's a fanfic until further notice, that is all.
XD its cute/pathetic how u think people care.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards

Wow, if the translations and everything is correct, then not only does the great hero, the chosen one come from Destiny Islands, but also the big bad villain as well. How ironic..

@loke

I'm taking it that the right one is you. Am I right? Booyah?

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

One of us is right the other will be wrong you really should take the middle ground before its to late.
XD does he seem like some1 who can?

ThreeLights

I'm so glad these got translated. BBS makes so much sense now.

Wow, if the translations and everything is correct, then not only does the great hero, the chosen one come from Destiny Islands, but also the big bad villain as well. How ironic..

Now we see why they're called Destiny Islands for a reason.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

So Ven was a Person of Pure light if not artificially.

Makes sense thats how the Xblade is summoned.

And I knew MX wasn't all bad.

Heltage

So Ven was a Person of Pure light if not artificially.

Makes sense thats how the Xblade is summoned.

And I knew MX wasn't all bad.
Reminds me of Master Mattias , from Luminous Arc 2... But I can't see MX doing this all for a greater good, since in previous games he just looked hungry for power and how he pushed with his foot/kicked the "darknessless" Ven when Vanitas was born, but it'd make a good plot twist that his machiavellic modus operandi (the end justifies means) had the intention of save the whole universe.

JepMZ

This looks like a Gigantic fanfic.The first report looks nothing like the one already translated.

Can I see a link to this? Are you referring to Xehonart's letter? That letter and the first report are two separate documents all together. There are thirteen documents in all: a letter and twelve report thingies.

Z

Zulkir

It's a fanfic until further notice, that is all.

Right now it feels like that time we called the Unversed Unbirths.

I'm waiting for a thorough translation.

JepMZ

Oh, found it. Jordo, you have a huge typo on your first post. The reports are supposed to be numbered "2, 3...13", not "1, 2, 3, 4...12" silly. Haha!

Unless that other thread's numbering of reports were actually wrong. All I know is that Kouli skipped the first one since it's already been translated for days now.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

So wait... this just confuses me more about Kingdome Hearts. KH made up of the Hearts of the Worlds. And it's purpose is to bring war? KH can be summoned by the Keyblade, but it can only be summoned by a completely Dark Heart and a Completely Light Heart. And the X-Blade is the only Keyblade that can summon it. And KH is always incomplete? And to complete it, you must gather the Hearts of all Worlds?

Shit... rough translations just confuse me.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

fanfiction.net
2x2.gif

State

Awards

fanfiction.net
2x2.gif

Don't tell me those aren't accurate translation! :(
Anyhow, the reports make Xehanort look like a hero but with villainous methods.

gosox333

I trust this Kouli guy. Every time he's posted something of noitce, somebody always calls him a liar. Then he proves them wrong. Then everybody's like "Oh, we can trust Kouli"

It's the secret boss discovery all over again.

Z

Zulkir

Eh it's not just trust, it's the makeshift paraphrasing. Like I said earlier, it's that kind of stuff that gets our Unversed labeled as Unbirths, when we get a thorough translation, questions will be raised and answered.

Wording is quite important, just a few words can make all the difference, such as "why did he choose you" should have been "why did it choose you"..ect.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Eh it's not just trust, it's the makeshift paraphrasing. Like I said earlier, it's that kind of stuff that gets our Unversed labeled as Unbirths, when we get a thorough translation, questions will be raised and answered.

Wording is quite important, just a few words can make all the difference, such as "why did he choose you" should have been "why did it choose you"..ect.
Riiight, because the names unbirths and unversed are so important for the story. If they were called unversed, it wouldn't change anything. Just like Keysword and Keyblade wouldn't make a difference if it was mistranslated. Their role in the story is the same.

The context in these translations is fine. I doubt Kouli, if that's his name, would make a mistake by calling Xenahort Xemnas in one quote, and call Aqua Vanitas in the other. So this is probably all correct.

Romi

What's surprising is that Xehanort is from DI O_O
Apart from that, thank you :) This helps make sense of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back