• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mathmatics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
well, there's nothing about math theories or w/e, but i do like it above other classes. math is just logic and im better at solving problems than just memorizing certain information.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
im not sure how to clearly explain it. its a method of calculations that uses such methods as algebraic notations. we use our calculators a lot. one example of something we learned this year was the graphs of sine (x), cosine (x), tangent (x), cosecant (x), secant (x), cotangent (x). that was just an example.

Squall

Well Mathematics is better then any other subject at least a student can score very high in it or even full marks.One topic which seems tough in pure mathematics is vectors but I have trigonometry and funtions on my finger tips.

Joy

Bronze Member
x + 9 = 8 is the same as what + 9 = 8. After that, he just went in depth, like many philosophers did/do.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
that sounds too simple, that's how someone would just learn it.

"Three sheafs of a good crop, 2 sheafs of a mediocre crop, and 1 sheaf of a bad crop are sold for 39 dou. Two sheafs of good, 3 of mediocre, and 1 of bad are sold for 34 dou. One sheaf of good, 2 of mediocre, and 3 of bad are sold for 26 dou. What is the price for a sheaf of good crop, mediocre crop, and bad crop?"

Last edited:

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Mathematics are my worst subject. I hate it like a fat kid hates salad.

ShadowInside

It's my favorite subject. It's easy and logic. I won the Lisbon's Maths Olympiad (ok, i don't know how you call it there, but i'm portuguese and i'm only fifteen, so i'm not THAT good at english, but i'm pretty good xD anyway, i will make some mistakes writting, sorry) ^^

luminitrium

Website
luminitrium.livejournal.com
I really have no specific idea where i want this discussion to eventually lead to, but it might be interesting. Discuss math, theories, mathematicians, field medals, and whatnot.

You know that 196 is the only non-palindromic number?

Well, I certainly have learned something new today <3.

almost as good as me, although i do kinda suck....

anyways, has anyone seen this?
http://infohost.nmt.edu/~armiller/gifs/triangles.gif

Yes. But, I do not know what it is (besides the fact they are triangles), would you care enlightening me on that subject?

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
What is a non-palindromic number ? i never heard about'it
if a number is palindromic, then when you reverse the order of the numbers and add them, repeat a few times and you get a number witht eh same digits forward and back

ex.
7652+
91201+
024101+

see?

the only number it doesn't work on is 196

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back