• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Maybe Spoilers, maybe not) What if one could play as Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
That sounds fairly right. MX definitely knew right from wrong, and he knew his methods were cruel but he didn't care because they were all for his plan.

Vanitas was "raised" to believe everything he was doing was right, so he only knows how to be evil. We have already been told the nature of Darkness is neither good or bad, only those who use it for malicious means make Darkness bad.

That's right, too. Say, a person who used Light powers and believed in it's philosophy trying to cover the whole world in Light, knowing that it cannot exist at all without Darkness to sustain it. To act as it's equal....To balance it. If Darkness is neither good or bad, then we must assume the same of the Light.

As far as personality goes, it's all psychology...the mind. Vanitas was most certainly condition to be Dark just as Ventus was conditioned by Eraqus to fight for the Light. It's all about conditioning. And through that conditioning, is where mindsets, ideas, and points of view can take form.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Are we talking a BBS scenario or his own spin-off game?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Are we talking a BBS scenario or his own spin-off game?

(Finally got the "Quotes" mechanic figured out.)

BBS Scenario. As awesome as Vanitas is, he isn't explored enough for him to have his own complete game, so it's better having his own story alongside the main three campaigns, whether it takes place during BBS or not.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
(Finally got the "Quotes" mechanic figured out.)

BBS Scenario. As awesome as Vanitas is, he isn't explored enough for him to have his own complete game, so it's better having his own story alongside the main three campaigns, whether it takes place during BBS or not.
Phooey. I had an outline for a separate game in mind but fitting it within BBS is trickier.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Closest way I can think of for Van to be a playable character is to have Ven become one as well, have him have Drive Form abilities, and have Van become the Anti-Sora of Ven (which sounds pretty cool, if I may say so myself).

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Phooey. I had an outline for a separate game in mind but fitting it within BBS is trickier.

If you have a game in mind, by all means share. That is the point of this topic, after all. Anything you have is fine. It's all in good fun. Just.....be specific in your details, if you will. :)

(And LOL At Seraph's ISephiroth Picture. Awesome!)

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Closest way I can think of for Van to be a playable character is to have Ven become one as well, have him have Drive Form abilities, and have Van become the Anti-Sora of Ven (which sounds pretty cool, if I may say so myself).

Oh, ok.....Now I see what you mean.......Well, that does sound plausible, but Drive Forms are more of a Sora-only thing.......
Spoiler Spoiler Show

(Crap, I think I just violated the double-posting rule....Great....>_>)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, ok.....Now I see what you mean.......Well, that does sound plausible, but Drive Forms are more of a Sora-only thing.......
Spoiler Spoiler Show

(Crap, I think I just violated the double-posting rule....Great....>_>)

It's fine. You are new and it isn't like you do it intentionally. Just next time remember to use the edit button.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's fine. You are new and it isn't like you do it intentionally. Just next time remember to use the edit button.

Ok...Thanks....I will. I'm still trying to figure out how to stack multiple quote responses together like the pros, and I don't wanna post some garbled-up thing......I guess I'll have to experiment.....Though I could Copy/Paste, I suppose....

But as far as Vanitas being a Drive Form for Ven, though it seems pretty cool, that's a Sora-only thing. Besides, the only way Sora can use Drives is with that black suit of his.....

Nayru's Love

Awards
Ok...Thanks....I will. I'm still trying to figure out how to stack multiple quote responses together like the pros, and I don't wanna post some garbled-up thing......I guess I'll have to experiment.....Though I could Copy/Paste, I suppose....
The button to the right of "Reply with Quote" is your friend. :)
Or do you mean cutting bits and pieces of one quote?

But as far as Vanitas being a Drive Form for Ven, though it seems pretty cool, that's a Sora-only thing. Besides, the only way Sora can use Drives is with that black suit of his.....
I'm pretty sure the whole Keyblade thing was also supposed to be Sora's thing (disregarding Mickey), so I'm sure they could find a way to work around that.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
The button to the right of "Reply with Quote" is your friend.

I'm pretty sure the whole Keyblade thing was also supposed to be Sora's thing (disregarding Mickey), so I'm sure they could find a way to work around that.

Oh, ok....I know about "Reply with Quote," but I didn't know it could be chained and such...Guess you learn something new every day! :)

You got a point there, I mean Mickey DOES wear a suit like that, too......But, if they give Drive Forms to Ven, they would have to do so for Terra and Aqua, too....Or Ven would be overpowered. And that isn't very plausible.....Thought it would make a cool Mirage Arena feature!

Nayru's Love

Awards
Oh, ok....I know about "Reply with Quote," but I didn't know it could be chained and such...Guess you learn something new every day! :)
tmyk.gif

:)

But, if they give Drive Forms to Ven, they would have to do so for Terra and Aqua, too....Or Ven would be overpowered. And that isn't very plausible.....Thought it would make a cool Mirage Arena feature!
Assuming Ven would be in a game with all of TAV being playable. I mean, Ven could have his own thing going on in some form or another (though I'd rather have Terra or Aqua then another Sora clone).

Edit: Then again, KH is SORA'S story...

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
tmyk.gif

:)

Assuming Ven would be in a game with all of TAV being playable. I mean, Ven could have his own thing going on in some form or another (though I'd rather have Terra or Aqua then another Sora clone).

Edit: Then again, KH is SORA'S story...

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the whole "Sora and his ancestors" story, too. I kinda wish they'd move the series on. RE: Coded, RE: COM, and Days are all basically midquels while BBS is the prequel and Two is the sequel opening into the third one ala Star Wars.....A bit much after a while....Some new faces would be nice. That's one of the reasons Aqua's my favorite character. (With Vanitas taking a close Second place.) But, are you suggesting Ven have his own game?

Nayru's Love

Awards
But, are you suggesting Ven have his own game?
Nah, not really...Well, mainly for the reason that I have no idea what they could do with him. His story's still going on, we know what he's been up to the entire time...It depends on where the future games'll take him.

Like I said, though, I'll pass on Sora clones. For now.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nah, not really...Well, mainly for the reason that I have no idea what they could do with him. His story's still going on, we know what he's been up to the entire time...It depends on where the future games'll take him.

Like I said, though, I'll pass on Sora clones. For now.

Hmmm...Well, until KH3, looks like we're stuck with them.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, I suppose.....Though playing as the real deal is a little less of an insult that playing as descendents and whatnot. (Cool Signature Pic, BTW.)

Hmmm...Well, I think I'm gonna call it a night, pick this up again tomorrow. Later, and nice talking to you.

Edit: You all feel free to pursue the topic further and I'll check the posts tomorrow after school and all.....

Edit: Jan 6, 2010: Looks like this topic is dead....I was hoping it wouldn't die off so soon. Oh,well. Too litle, too late, eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back