• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Maybe Spoilers, maybe not) What if one could play as Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
What kind of story do you think he would have? Would it detail the main story from his eyes, or would he have his own story?

What gameplay differences would he have from the TAV team?

(This is more of a what-if question posted for general discussion and whatnot. If I'm violating any rules here, do what you feel is necessary.)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think it would work.
Sure you can see more into his motives and they could expand on him a little but you gotta think "What enemies would he fight in his story?"

Ralz

Would be interesting, but it wouldn't work. Unless he told his Unversed lackies to fight him so he could level up to fight Ventus for the x-Blade.

Although, I would like to know what half of his attacks were called.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
As far as enemies go, I'm thinking the Heartless....? The Heartless are attracted to the Darkness in one's Heart....and Vanitas is ALL Darkness...Or it could simply boss battles he was fought in from his point of view.....Hmmm, You got a point, enemies would be a problem. I'm considering the Heartless because Ven had to fight those Neoshadows at the start of his time with MX. Maybe while Ven, Terra, and Aqua were getting stronger fighting the Unversed, Vanitas was doing his best to spread the Unversed while preventing the Heartless from devouring him?

Or, if he WAS fighting the Unversed, all of the negativity was being absorbed back into him....thus cycling the process over and over....Not sure if that would be interesting.

Hmmm...Maybe I jumped the gun on this one.....

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Heartless wouldn't just pop up for Vanitas. They didn't exist in the Realm of Light back then. MX was able to get the Neoshadows out however(I forget how, I remember reading it somewhere though) but other than that there was no heartless in the worlds

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
But they DID exist. The Neoshadow trial proves this. They must've been attracted to MX's Darkness. Now the Heartless serve the most powerful one, which at that time was MX. Meaning he must've been using them as servants. Besides, I doubt that KH was the first time the Heartless invaded the worlds. Because Leon said the Heartless devoured his world....and that must've taken place during, if not before, BBS. I read somewhere that Leon and Co. were to be in BBS, but Nomura decided against this, something about "too many plotlines." Meaning they WERE in the worlds, but they weren't as numerous as they are by KH.

As far as the Vanitas connection goes....It could be possible that MX could have been using the Heartless to train Vanitas just as he did Ven...Because he just created this being comprised of Ven's Darkness. Why would he squander the oppurttunity to train it? The only difference was that Vanitas succedded in the trials where Ven could not. (Though this "training" of Vanitas isn't explored...That COULD be the setting point for a Vanitas story.)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I believe what I read was that MX opened something that allowed those Neoshadows to enter the RoL.
The Heartless in Radiant Garden happened AFTER Birth by Sleep where Apprentice Xehanort opened the Door to Darkness and created the first Heartless

State

Awards
Because Leon said the Heartless devoured his world....and that must've taken place during, if not before, BBS.
How can the fall of Radiant Garden, rising of Hollow Bastion take place before Birth by Sleep and we see Radiant Garden in its glorious days before it got hallowed?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, your'e right...I remember Leon, Aerith and them calling Radiant Garden their world. LOL, I thought for a while that Leon's world was seperate from Radiant Garden, I just NOW remembered they were one and the same....)

My bad......

Wow.....went from talking about Vanitas to the Heartless.....And I fear I am to blame. Oh, well. No harm done. :)

Let me try to return to the original topic: What IF one could play as Vanitas? It seems my story-making capabilities are gummed-up right now because the ever-annoying dread of having school tomorrow, aftera two-week Christmas Break, is creeping up on me....So, what would the story be?

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
What kind of story do you think he would have?

A spooky one.

Would it detail the main story from his eyes, or would he have his own story?

Detail it from his eyes. Since I don't see him doing much after the story...ya know...cuz he's gone and all.

I think he'd have commands but they'd be more dark and pre KH2 Riku like he was in CoM

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, his story would definitely be more dark. Like perhaps a boss battle against Mickey for when he uses him to lure Ven to the Graveyard? That would be awesome. Although, When I mentioned his own story, I was thinking of something pre-BBS....like a training thing or something smiilar. (See my first post for details, I'm too lazy to reiterate it.)

For gameplay; Dark-Themed commands....You mean like Dark Firaga and such?
But he's more powerful than the TAV trio.....isn't there anyway to reflect on that? Like stronger enemies? Or harder bosses?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Although, When I mentioned his own story, I was thinking of something pre-BBS....like a training thing or something smiilar.

Nomura has said that BBS is as far back in time as the series would go

Crystal

Silver Member
What kind of story do you think he would have? Would it detail the main story from his eyes, or would he have his own story?

I don't think he will had one. Possible some game about Xehanort's past. That's what i hope xD

Darker command? Maybe.. xD

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
The problem with Vanitas, when compared to other villains, is that his heart is pure darkness. There is no real...thought to his motives. Now I am in no way saying he can't think for himself, but at the same time, the only thing that drives his mind, other than his obedience to Master Xehanort, is simply pure dark and negatives thoughts. All he wants to do is whatever he can to hurt those around him and cause as much pain as possible. So there would be no real inner, or outer turmoil for his character to go through.

On the other hand if the villain was a more...humanistic character (and yes I know Vanitas is human), you can have that inner voice that just may say, "You know this is wrong. Stop doing this." Whereas with Vanitas, there is no inner thought as such.

Playing as Vanitas in some sort of mode though, would in fact be awesome.

State

Awards
The problem with Vanitas, when compared to other villains, is that his heart is pure darkness. There is no real...thought to his motives. Now I am in no way saying he can't think for himself, but at the same time, the only thing that drives his mind, other than his obedience to Master Xehanort, is simply pure dark and negatives thoughts. All he wants to do is whatever he can to hurt those around him and cause as much pain as possible. So there would be no real inner, or outer turmoil for his character to go through.

On the other hand if the villain was a more...humanistic character (and yes I know Vanitas is human), you can have that inner voice that just may say, "You know this is wrong. Stop doing this." Whereas with Vanitas, there is no inner thought as such.

Playing as Vanitas in some sort of mode though, would in fact be awesome.

So what you're trying to say here is:
A heart pure with darkness doesn't have a conscience.

Stars

リク
It will be very interesting though it is not possible. Never think of what kind of story he will have, but maybe the story of him being Xehanort student xD

Using all dark commands

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
So what you're trying to say here is:
A heart pure with darkness doesn't have a conscience.

I don't think that's true necessarily. Master Xehanort left Ven on the Islands out of compassion, even if he had Dark plans for the boy. That proves HE has a conscience,....a sense of right and wrong.

I believe that Light and Dark, are, like MX says, two sides of the same coin. What might be right for someone Dark would be wrong for someone alligned to the Light and vice-versa. Someone neutral for example, would take both sides into account and decide based on that criteria. Though we know Vanitas can think for himself, it isn't about that.

In Vanitas's eyes, forging the X-Blade is indeed the right thing to do. Whether he wants to usher in another Keyblade War, or destroy everything, that is what he thinks is right.

Therefore, if he were to have an enemy in his story, it would be the TAV team, since they are working for the Light, which in his view, is wrong. If he had a pre-BBS story, that enemy would be Master Xehanort, since his Dark Heart would still be developing and he would still be choosing between fighting for Light and Dark. Because I seriously doubt he's a total sadistic fool from the get-go, but more open and lifeless, like when Roxas first joined the Organization. Even if he's a being of pure Darkness, having a conscience gives him power over his life. (Of course, if he were to disobey Xehanort, he'd probably get killed or punished in some horrible way, so maybe that's an overstatement.) Vanitas's personality has to be conditioned somehow, hence training with Xehanort.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It always takes me so damn long to figure out that MX is Master Xehanort......

Lmao. We have been using it for so long it is second nature.

I don't think that's true necessarily. Master Xehanort left Ven on the Islands out of compassion, even if he had Dark plans for the boy. That proves HE has a consience,....a sense of right and wrong.

I believe that Light and Dark, are, like MX says, two sides of the same coin. What might be right for someone Dark would be wrong for someone alligned to the Light.

In Vanitas's eyes, forging the X-Blade is indeed the right thing to do. Whether he wants to usher in another Keyblade War, or destroy everrying, that is what he thinks is right.

That sounds fairly right. MX definitely knew right from wrong, and he knew his methods were cruel but he didn't care because they were all for his plan.

Vanitas was "raised" to believe everything he was doing was right, so he only knows how to be evil. We have already been told the nature of Darkness is neither good or bad, only those who use it for malicious means make Darkness bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back