• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Meaning of BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Sword

So when I first heared of bbs i thought that was a weired title. I thought once i beat the game id know what it means ( just like 358/2 days). My question is what does birth by sleep mean?

Multifridgeman

Think about it. Who went to sleep, and who was born... in a way?
Doesn't really answer your question, but I'll make you think about that for a bit before someone rushes in with an answer.

Dragon Sword

Ventus went to sleep, Sora was born... in a way? Wow, never thought of it that way lol. That gives me an idea of what it means.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's also a way to put it, buddy Multifridgeman ;)
Another meaning of the term.

However, the main focus
lies on the fates of the three main characters fates and on the ones of some previously introduced characters. These characters are all "gone" from the main realm of existence in KH in a way and "Birth by Sleep" refers to the fact that they're just sleeping and if they have still a connection to a heart living in that main realm they can be born anew from sleep.

EDIT:
@Dragon Sword: Nope, that's not exactly the way it goes...when Ven goes to "sleep" Sora is already 4 years old.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
a better question: what does ansem meen by: "So manny are still waiting for their new begining, their Birth By Sleep" ?

it's like they couldn't come up with a way to put it in the game and they felt they had to. now it sounds as if BBS is something important that is about to happen.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually, as I understand it, Birth By Sleep is the KH variant of Rebirth/Resurrection, we just don't know yet how it works and what limitations there are to it.

For your second part I doubt that...Nomura had the story for BBS in mind since at least the end of KH II, so he apparently knows what he does.

Multifridgeman

To put my second opinion on things, the secret ending for KH2 said that "It all began with birth by sleep". 'It', in this context, could mean the start of BBS or KH1.
Before BBS began, someone was born from someone else, and seeing as I don't know how to use those black spoiler thingies (someone please enlighten me = =;), I can't really say anything about that.

State

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Jumpcolour

I'm thinking Birth by Sleep refers 2 the keyblades being "born" after their wielder "sleeps"
But im not sure cause the only ones thats done this that we no of is Sora, Roxas, and Ven
But what Ansem said could be foreshadowing a future game? One where every1 has a keyblade?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I personally think "Birth By Sleep" Refers to the Kingdom Hearts afterlife A.K.A Rebirth/Reincarnattion. I think when a person dies, their body dissapears and the heart returns to KH. While in KH the heart falls into a deep sleep where the memories of it's passed life are forgotten. At some point in the future the heart awakens and is reborn into a new person.

Therefore in my opinion "Birth By Sleep" means a heart returns to KH, falls to sleep, later on said heart is reborn from that sleep into a new person. Thus "Birth By Sleep"

Now what does Ansem mean when he says "So many are still waiting for their Birth By Sleep" I think he's refering specificaly to Roxas, Xion, and Namine. I think Ansem discovered a way for them to get one of these sleeping hearts from KH and thus make these hearts their own, in this way those 3 are reborn. So in KH3 Sora will use KH to make 3 sleeping hearts be reborn in Roxas, Xion, and Namine and those 3 will be reborn as new people with these hearts and can live new lives as normal people.

Last edited:

Jumpcolour

I could not read what u just wrote since idk how to get rid of that black marker thing that covered up evrything u wrote

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I could not read what u just wrote since idk how to get rid of that black marker thing that covered up evrything u wrote

It's a spoiler thing to keep from spoiling people who haven't played BBS. Just left click on the black part and move the mouse down until everything I wrote shows up in Blue and then you can read it.

Jumpcolour

Tnx man I've read what u wrote
I think u could be on the right track, and what u said basiclly oppose that all hearts come from darkness
Btw, which KH r we discussing here, the one to mans hearts or the heart of worlds?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Tnx man I've read what u wrote
I think u could be on the right track, and what u said basiclly oppose that all hearts come from darkness
Btw, which KH r we discussing here, the one to mans hearts or the heart of worlds?

The hear of all worlds A.K.A the true KH. The one of man's hearts is artificial so it's unlikely any hearts could ever be born from it. XH said all hearts are born in darkness and all so end, now he thought KH was darkness, but even though he was wrong about that I do think he's correct about all hearts being born and returning to KH. It matches up with the idea of "Birth By Sleep" as reincarnattion.

Jumpcolour

Sound kinda religious to me lol
But Ansem couldn't have found a way to extract hearts from KH, I mean the last person who tried to control KH
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And plz don't say he made a machine, because we all no what happen to the last one he made

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Sound kinda religious to me lol
But Ansem couldn't have found a way to extract hearts from KH, I mean the last person who tried to control KH
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And plz don't say he made a machine, because we all no what happen to the last one he made

Maybe he didn't find a way on his own, but someone who could do it. Sora can connect to people's hearts, so what if Sora could connect to sleeping hearts and take them from KH? Possible since Ansem did say "That boy, perhaps he could open the right door and save all those who's lives I managed to ruin" Who says the "Right door" isn't actually the door to KH?

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
The hear of all worlds A.K.A the true KH. The one of man's hearts is artificial so it's unlikely any hearts could ever be born from it. XH said all hearts are born in darkness and all so end, now he thought KH was darkness, but even though he was wrong about that I do think he's correct about all hearts being born and returning to KH. It matches up with the idea of "Birth By Sleep" as reincarnattion.

Yes, all hearts are born in KH, and im pretty sure they all end up back there eventually, but KH itself is located in the realm of Darkness. When a heart is born, it leaves KH and travels to the realm of Light, but it must first pass through the RoD, so essentially all hearts come from darkness, and all hearts returning to KH must also return to darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back