• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Meaning of BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I don't think Birth by Sleep is really all that complicated as a title, just kind of metaphorical.

Birth = beginning of life
Sleep = death

I've always interpreted it as a poetic equivalent of "life from death" even before the game was released.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Objection, it was established that KH is light, therefore, how can it be from darkness?

Kingdom Hearts might be Light, but it is quite obvious that Darkness must accompany that Light. Isn't there some quote that even in the darkest of shadows there is a glimmer of light? So take that as the reverse.

If all Darkness has Light, all Light must have Darkness.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Kingdom Hearts itself is light, correct.
So essentially all new hearts which are created by KH hail from light.
But one must take note that KH itself is located in the realm of darkness.

So for the born heart to reach its intended vessel it needs to travel through the RoD.
Depending on how long that journey is and through which parts of the RoD it leads said heart may be more or less tainted by darkness.
(i.e. Sora's and Ventus's hearts have very little darkness, while Maleficent's or Pete's have more.)
Only the hearts of the seven princesses seem to know a shortcut so that they have no darkness at all.

Multifridgeman

Kingdom Hearts might be Light, but it is quite obvious that Darkness must accompany that Light. Isn't there some quote that even in the darkest of shadows there is a glimmer of light? So take that as the reverse.

If all Darkness has Light, all Light must have Darkness.

What about the Princesses of Heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back