• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Medical Expert Help?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Destiny

I need someone who can help me out with something that's been going on.

I'm 13 years old and weigh 158 lbs. (mostly muscle) and I spend about 3-4 hours on the computer on the average day and sometimes less than that. I exercise daily doing things such as running, swimming, and playing basketball and I lift weights every other day. All in all, I'm a pretty healthy kid but lately within the last 4 or 5 days I have been constantly feeling dizzy. It wasn't too bad there for the first couple of days but last night it hit me hard, I began to feel dizzy right before laying on my bed to go to sleep. I began to walk up the stairs to my mom's room to get some "Motion Sickness" medicine (generic) I felt dizzy enough that half way up the stairs I had to sit down because I was afraid I would pass out. I walked into my mom's room and woke her up so she could get me some medicine I laid down on her bed because I about threw up. She handed me the pill which I started to take but couldn't get it down because I started to puke (sorry, probably more information that you needed) she began to sit on the bed and with the slightest movement I felt even dizzier. I asked her what she thought this to be and she simply replied "it's probably just a virus, you'll be over it eventually...there is not a lot anyone can do" so, I went back to bed and fell asleep. I woke up this morning feeling slightly dizzy but it wasn't debilitating.

I am having a friend over in a couple days and I want to start getting something done quickly so that I'm not like this when he gets here. But, even now just typing this...I am feeling incredibly dizzy.

Can anyone help me?

The Dark Destiny

Well, as stupid as this sounds...I hate doctors, doctor's offices, and hospitals ever since a three month stay because I had something called Vasculitous (spelled wrong) or something like that. It was basically something that attacks your nerves and causes you extreme pain, the only reason it took me three months to get it fixed was because the first two were spent trying to figure out what the hell I had.

Anyway, I was kind of hoping for some "at home remedies" and going to the doctor would be a last resort...but thanks anyway.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Go to a doctor

I'd say that too. Just in case if happens more often or gets worse though I'd think about seeing it soon.

As for home remedies, try laying down for a while. Could be looking at the computer screen or some of the exercise that's getting to you. Take a nap. Not too sure if anybody's an expert here, but it might help. Some people are pretty healthy but get plagued with weird things anyway.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
it's probably just a virus, you'll be over it eventually...there is not a lot anyone can do

yay moms

The Dark Destiny

I'd say that too. Just in case if happens more often or gets worse though I'd think about seeing it soon.

As for home remedies, try laying down for a while. Could be looking at the computer screen or some of the exercise that's getting to you. Take a nap. Not too sure if anybody's an expert here, but it might help. Some people are pretty healthy but get plagued with weird things anyway.

Thank you Antiquity, I appreciate the advice very much.

Marly

Awards
They're surprisingly intelligent, so I've learned through my many years with one.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Ever heard of the edit button?

Well, go to a doctor is all I can say.

If you don't want to see a professional, then there isn't much I can reccomend.

Awards

Extreme dizziness is too vague a symptom for anyone to guess what you have and give an "at home remedy."
So vague, in fact, that it actually might be Lupus.

Suck it up and go to the doctors.

"Age: 18"
"I'm 13 years old"
lolwat

Marly

Awards
Well if you do have a virus, viruses aren't curable, so really there isn't much you can do. Take some meds. to mild the symptoms, that's about it.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm 13 years old and weigh 158 lbs. (mostly muscle)
lol.
But no seriously I just recommend going to a doctor if it continues. And it might've been eating something that upset you. Like, if I eat fish I get VERY sick. You may have just digested something your stomach couldn't handle.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
everything you are describing sounds like effects of dehydration. which during the summer is more commonplace. are you drinking lots of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back