• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Memory Card part 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTD95

Okay, seems like I have to make another thread seeing as the other one just died and I didn't get much answers. Well here's my new once:

1. Why was my Memory Card corrupted? What is the reason for a Memory Card to become corrupted?

2. How do I fix it so that it will work again and I'll get my save files back?

3. If I have to buy a new one, what type should I buy? I heard there are some fake Memory Cards and I don't want that. The type I already have is a "SanDisk , Memory Stick PRO duo , 8GB , MagicGate" made in China.

4. If I must do all that I did over again, how can I make a copy of the games save files so that if it gets corrupted again I can just format the Memory Card and take the copy of the save files back to the Memory Card? Someone said I should make Back-ups in case my Memory Card would be corrupted. But how do I make Back-ups?

So far that's my only questions for now. But often answers can lead to new question. So even if all this questions gets answered, I'm pretty sure I'll get some new once.

Also, just so you know, I'm talking about PSP Memory Cards just in case if you didn't know what system I was talking about.

EDIT: Another thing, has anybody else here had the same problem with the Memory Stick becoming corrupt?

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
1. Why was my Memory Card corrupted? What is the reason for a Memory Card to become corrupted?
An error occurred while data on the memory card was being altered in some form, such as creating, deleting or modifying data.

2. How do I fix it so that it will work again and I'll get my save files back?
Format it.

JTD95

∞;5280491 said:
An error occurred while data on the memory card was being altered in some form, such as creating, deleting or modifying data.

But I didn't create, delete or modify.
I played as Ventus and a message appeared that said it couldn't load information from the Data Install and maybe 15 minutes later I tried to save the game but on my Terra and Ven file it said Data Corrupt...

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
some times it just happens.... happend to me a couple of times over the years. it why i try to back up everything now.

your best bet is to format it. and since u use it for you psp. format it in the psp buy going through the settings on the XMB. it will or should automatically create the file systems you need on the MS.

JTD95

Okay, I didn't want to format it until I was 100% sure that I couldn't get my save files back but I know now that they ain't gonna come back. My problem now is when I try to format it I get a message saying "Format failed", so what do I do now?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
how are you formatting it? if on the psp and receiving an error format on the pc first. then format on the psp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back