• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Message in a Bottle (bear with me)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Bittermeats is the epitome of awesome.
We have our concrete answer folks.

---This game sounds like a great idea. As for the setting, is it taking place after Kingdom Hearts II?
Nomura: Yes. But because the stages of the story are made mainly of data from Jiminy’s Journal, Sora appears as he did in the first Kingdom Hearts. This Sora is not the genuine Sora, it is made out of data. Even so, it’s organic existence is not a matter of concern, the data version contains Sora’s memories of the adventures up to now and it will solve the truths of the past.

Qarx

Thats what I think it means. Sora comes all the way to Disney Castle just to be turned into Data? I like GA's interpretation best.

As do I.
I have serious doubt the ending of KH2 would lead up to a Cell Phone game. Not everyone could get it, despite having a DS or PSP.
This Sora is made of DATA, as stated by R-K, who was quoting Noruma.
Isn't it funny that the end of KH1 showed a cutscene (viewed either by collecting everything ((could be wrong)) or looking it up on youtube) with a second FM-only one, and KH2 had a cutscene, the same one we've been talking about, (and I'll assume that one is about KH3) and the secret cutscene (viewed either by completing Proud Mode, or on youtube, as well) actually refers to BBS. Anyone think there's any relevance to this? Perhaps not, just a thought.
Maybe I'm just babbling....
BTW, the end cutscene (not the secret one) has SDG walking down a road; this leads to CoM, obviously, but we never see the letter Pluto was holding. My point is, don't put too much focus on the letter; it might hold less signifigance than we assume.
Feel free to correct me; just please don't flame me or anything.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Maybe that letter is the set up for Coded. Nah that cant be cause Coded takes place after KH2. So maybe that letter did not heve any relevence.

Awards
Ah nevermind. I forgot that "Nomura" said that they took data from the beginning, so basically it's just this data Sora that Mickey is spilling his guts out to for no apparent reason. Goody... because that makes so much sense. =/

Well, maybe that's a Data Mickey too and not the genuine Mickey.
After all, it IS supposed to be an alternate timeline of the KH1 events. One of those changed events I'd imagine would be Mickey meeting Sora.

Before anyone says anything:
"I was here on that day."

Yes I know that looks like Mickey is reminiscing on the day that Sora made it to Traverse Town (so it couldn't be a data Mickey, in that case, but the real deal trying to explain something to Sora since a data Mickey wouldn't know the future). However, we don't know what he means by "that day." We know from the Secret Ansem Reports that Mickey traveled through a Corridor of Darkness to Traverse Town, so it could have been any day before the one that Sora entered Traverse Town that he was talking about.
Also, even if it WAS the real Mickey explaining something in a past manner (even though "that day" would be occurring in the present time of the journal), that doesn't make sense. The Data Sora's memory is swiped, and he basically progresses through the events of KH1 clueless again. Why would Mickey be trying to explain something to a memory-less Sora? It would only confuse him. He would have no clue who Mickey was, how he got to Traverse Town, or what the Keyblade exactly was at that point.

A

Audo

he Data Sora's memory is swiped, and he basically progresses through the events of KH1 clueless again.
No it's not. Didn't you read my previous post?

R-K said:
Bittermeats is the epitome of awesome.
We have our concrete answer folks.
---This game sounds like a great idea. As for the setting, is it taking place after Kingdom Hearts II?
Nomura: Yes. But because the stages of the story are made mainly of data from Jiminy’s Journal, Sora appears as he did in the first Kingdom Hearts. This Sora is not the genuine Sora, it is made out of data. Even so, it’s organic existence is not a matter of concern, the data version contains Sora’s memories of the adventures up to now and it will solve the truths of the past

It's a data version of Sora, but he has all of the memories of KH1-KH2.
It could be the same case for Mickey.

[√]Genuflect
the Data Sora's memory is swiped, and he basically progresses through the events of KH1 clueless again.
If so, why did Mickey wanted to say something important to Data Sora?

Awards
No it's not. Didn't you read my previous post?

It's a data version of Sora, but he has all of the memories of KH1-KH2.
It could be the same case for Mickey.

:/

Are you sure you're not taking that out of context too?

The memory is also erased from Sora, and he has to go through his adventures again to solve the mystery of the Data bugs.

Perhaps it was implying that the data world is based on Sora's memories up until a certain point. I know that grammatically "it" should be a pronoun for "Data Sora" in the sentence but nonetheless...

It doesn't even make sense that Sora would have his KH2 memories.
"WTF why am I wearing my yellow clodhoppers again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back