• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MGS: Ground Zeroes , Movie & Social Game Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Metal Gear Ground Zero game and movie announced | Metro.co.uk

Metal Gear Ground Zero does not have a release date or console set yet, but there was a demo shown. The game appears to be very open world and will be running on the Fox Engine, parts shown include Snake avoiding security, riding jeeps and calling evacuation rides.

kojima_metal_gear_movie_thumb.jpg

Metal Gear Movie, done by Avid Arad, known for his Marvel movies, movie will be released by Columbia picture.

Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops will be available on the Japanese social network Gree.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: MGS(5): Ground Zero, Movie & Social Game Announced!

Ground Zero will probably be MGS5, with Ground Zero as the subtitle. I doubt that they would put a non numbered main MGS game on a console.

As for the movie... as long as Uwe Boll isn't the director.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: MGS(5): Ground Zero, Movie & Social Game Announced!

Famitsu-pic.jpg

Awards
Ya know it's funny, this is one of those times where a character's voice actor actually looks the part. XD

Also what's with closed demos? Wouldn't it create more hype by opening it up for the public to see?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Kinda interested to see what console Ground Zero will be on. It was running on a PC at the demonstration.

Awards
It'll have to be a next gen console... of which the only one we know of is the Wii U. For some reason I doubt the Wii U has the hardware to run this engine.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I feel like this was only a tech demo. I don't think Ground Zero will be the official name. [well doesn't really sound like it to me, but idk]

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It'll have to be a next gen console... of which the only one we know of is the Wii U. For some reason I doubt the Wii U has the hardware to run this engine.

It's not next gen.

Some more details from the Famitsu article:

- They're definitely targeting PS3/360 for this game, but Fox Engine can also make next-gen games
- This is not a normal tech demo, they're showing actual development from their current open world sneaking game
- Apparently the script had lines about "soldiers who cannot return home", "Paz", and "Mother Base". All references to Peace Walker.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41560539&postcount=1

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Read somewhere that it ties into the war waged between Zero and Big Boss... I've never played any of the MGS handhelds to be honest... I wonder what's the projected release date. Must be far off.

State

Awards
"soldiers who cannot return home",
Probably referring to soldiers published as killed-in-action in their country by the government. This might be a subject that would be touched on the game (not having a hard time imagining a soldier telling Big Boss how he yearns to return to his mother nation).

If this is what I think it is, it means we haven't seen the last of her.

"Mother Base"
The return of this mechanic? MB was a big gameplay factor, I don't have any type of idea that could make this seem fresh.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It will be airing at 3PM PST and 12:00 EST. #hype_train

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Well, it was kind of obvious after her falling into water with scuba gear and all that obvious Zero stuff that it would all come together in a sequel.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Ah, I figured it would be. Pretty awesome imo. I love how the most recent picture is showing Big Boss's age start to appear. Also, gameplay in like 20-25 minutes from IGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back