• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey visit to Daybreak Town in KHUX is after Melody of Memory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Credit goes to NextGenNovelist for this, he has identified a very interesting cutscene that we glossed over at first but makes sense in retrospect.

Mickey, Donald and Goofy alongside Chip and Dale visited Daybreak Town. Most people assumed that their appearance was there because it's a tradition for them to be in every Kingdom Hearts title and that their in-game explanation was that they were projections made by The Book of Prophecies. However, now that we're in a post-Xehanort saga and Mickey is visiting Scala Ad Caelum, there's a possibility that Mickey and friends may have just unintentionally created a time paradox with their KHUX appearance in Daybreak Town.

okhi12

Awards
Why not? Time paradox Mickey wouldn't be surprising at all. Not after all the Mickey nonsense we had before.

Mickey visits the Realm of Darkness like, once or twice a week. He journeys through journals for the sake of doing it. He shows up, shocks everyone present and disappears whenever he wants to. He coexists with alternate versions of himself like Musketeer Mickey and Sorcerer Mickey from DDD who were supposed to be illusions birth-by-sleeping-worlds trapped in a dream loop as replacements of the real one... or something.

Time means nothing to Mickey. He doesn't age, his world was known as Timeless River for a reason. Young Xehanort's power over time means nothing to Mickey. Mickey is the MoM. The Mouse of Mouses.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I've been wondering about this weird little scene for a while. It seemed so out of place and hard to place in the known modern Timeline.

The only issues I'd have with this theory is that Mickey is wearing his KH2 outfit and wielding his old keyblade, which he shouldn't have anymore post KH3. Star Cluster is supposed to be a combination of Kingdom Key D and Star seeker. The outfit could be explained away as Mickey having changed back into his other outfit.
Another issue is that Donald and Goofy appear again later on the search for The Key, implying the second appearance takes place right before KH1.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I thought it was another illusion like the Disney worlds. Like the heartless in DbT aren't real either, right?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I've been wondering about this weird little scene for a while. It seemed so out of place and hard to place in the known modern Timeline.

The only issues I'd have with this theory is that Mickey is wearing his KH2 outfit and wielding his old keyblade, which he shouldn't have anymore post KH3. Star Cluster is supposed to be a combination of Kingdom Key D and Star seeker. The outfit could be explained away as Mickey having changed back into his other outfit.

Another issue is that Donald and Goofy appear again later on the search for The Key, implying the second appearance takes place right before KH1.

You raise a valid point. Maybe this is a scene that happened post Birth by Sleep but prior to Kingdom Hearts. The X saga is technically the foundations of a post-Xehanort saga.

I thought it was another illusion like the Disney worlds. Like the heartless in DbT aren't real either, right?

The Emblem Heartless are indeed projections from the future. However, Mickey, Donald and Goofy are a different story especially considering the fact that Invi observes Mickey on top a rooftop.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
If this was after Melody of Memory that this happened it would of been interesting if that while the player was away collecting parts for the Gummi ship, Mickey would of accidentally encounter Ventus. Although this would probably never happen I’m still curious if he did encounter Ventus or another character from back then how would an event like that impact the current timeline? Personally I think it would be interesting concept however considering the impact of time travel on the series I’m not too sure if I would want to see Nomura attempting to add a time paradox into the series as well.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My theory is that this scene is part of Mickey's Mark of Mastery journey.

This is actually a really smart justification for Mickey to visit Daybreak Town. Knowing that Yen Sid is a sorcerer, it's not out of the realm of possibility for this to be the case.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i'm hoping this next part of the series includes Mickey's past, and if he too abuses the power of waking in the future to go into the past and uncover the mysteries of Scala and the ancient masters. in DDD there are a few versions of himself in the sleeping realms before he became a keyblade weilder that Sora and Riku saved, but maybe Mickey will take this journey to go back in time up until when Timeless River to where he got to now which makes it possible for Mickey having to redo his MoM exam if he hasnt done so already. if previous versions of himself met Sora, whether in the real or sleeping worlds, or even in the past, this knowledge can help him in Scala when preparing to meet the ancient masters and learning about the crossovers of worldlines (including versions of worlds where him and Sora are in since they are looking for him) to help them even uncover the truth about other possible worldlines that may also lead him to learn the existance of Quadratum. this can even cause another time break where Mickey is seeing himself training and accidentally wanders further in the past to where Scala is now Daybreak Town

Back