• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey wields two different Keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Simple theory.

It only has one obscure part to hold true. In KH1, when Mickey was traveling in the dark realm, he obtained the Kingdom Key D Keyblade right? (I'm calling that because that was the name in Days.) Now if that's true, then it goes without saying that before he obtained that Keyblade, he didn't have it.

Where could I be going with this?

In BbS trailers we've all seen Mickey wielding the Star Seeker. So either it's his Keyblade. Or he might be borrowing a possible Yen Sid's keyblade in the fashion Kairi borrowed Riku's.

If it's one of those two I'd easily pick the first, for personal reasons of me not thinking Yen Sid is a Keyblade Master.

Ta da! Plot hole! Why the hell would Mickey search for a Keyblade during the events of KH1 if he already had one? Maybe somehow he lost his ability at the end of BbS? Again, I can't really see that happening.

KH Paradox! lol.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I doubt it's plothole. Say it's so after BBS didn't explain it :\ or Coded. Or Mystery. Or KH3.
The thing is that right now we don't even know what was up with that. For all we know, while seemingly less likely, the IKK is only a Kechain and not an actually different Keyblade.

As for why he'd look for it if he had the Star Seeker - because it was needed to lock the DtD from the other side, being the Realm of Darkness. From "this" side, being the Realm of Light, Sora's KK was needed. Hence why - Keychain or Keyblade - Mickey needed the IKK.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
I doubt it's plothole. Say it's so after BBS didn't explain it :\ or Coded. Or Mystery. Or KH3.
The thing is that right now we don't even know what was up with that. For all we know, while seemingly less likely, the IKK is only a Kechain and not an actually different Keyblade.

As for why he'd look for it if he had the Star Seeker - because it was needed to lock the DtD from the other side, being the Realm of Darkness. From "this" side, being the Realm of Light, Sora's KK was needed. Hence why - Keychain or Keyblade - Mickey needed the IKK.

>.>;;

You just ruined half of my contradiction theory.

I doubt it was a Keychain though. What does the I stand for in IKK?

But still, it should stand that Mickey may be able to DW. ^^

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Inverse Kingdom Key.

The thought about Mickey being able to Duel Wield crossed my mind too, but it makes you wonder why he didn't when Sora, Roxas, and most likely Riku all managed to do it as well.
Then again, unlike them - who had two beings inside them to give two Keyblades, Mickey would be only Mickey, so possibly - that's why he's unable to DW, if he does indeed have two Keyblades.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
no. that is his key he is just use different key chains

Actually, the more likely explanation is that he indeed has two Keyblades as the Star Seeker would no doubt be a Light Realm Keyblade at its base. Part of why he traveled to find the IKK was because he needed a Keyblade from the Dark Realm. :\ Keychains don't change the base affinity.

TwilightSorku

which can also lead to getting information from BbS and the whole Yen Sid keyblade master thing and the star seeker and if King Mickey was really soppose to be a keyblade wielder that would make sense

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Actually, the more likely explanation is that he indeed has two Keyblades as the Star Seeker would no doubt be a Light Realm Keyblade at its base. Part of why he traveled to find the IKK was because he needed a Keyblade from the Dark Realm. :\ Keychains don't change the base affinity.

Thank you. I was about to let my emotions get me a little irrational in my reply to him.

One thing on that note. In the description of the IKK in 'Days', it says that it is the "Dark Side of the Kingdom Key". That kind of makes me visualize a bunch of Light Realm Keyblades that all have an inverse Keyblade from the Dark Realm.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Thank you. I was about to let my emotions get me a little irrational in my reply to him.

Don't. These forums are swarming with people who don't really know, so they resort to that sort of reply. Anyone worth your while would explain themselves better.

One thing on that note. In the description of the IKK in 'Days', it says that it is the "Dark Side of the Kingdom Key". That kind of makes me visualize a bunch of Light Realm Keyblades that all have an inverse Keyblade from the Dark Realm.

Hm? In Mickey's equipment, I take it?
I wouldn't go out of my way to use those two Keyblades to base such wide-spread theories. The IKK is effectively the only Dark Realm Keyblade we're familiar with, and with how Mickey - who is related to BBS - knew to go look for it, the KK and IKK's obvious relation, and the whole similarity to Ven's Keyblade - knew about the IKK, makes me think that the KK and IKK are a special case, created at the time of BBS.
Until BBS sheds more light on it, I'll treat it as a special case.

Blizzara

Let's not forget Mickey apparently went back to using Star Seeker in Coded, which takes place after KH2. So has he had it all along or did he get it back somehow after the events of KH2?

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Let's not forget Mickey apparently went back to using Star Seeker in Coded, which takes place after KH2. So has he had it all along or did he get it back somehow after the events of KH2?

I'm guessing he's had both with this theory.

Hm? In Mickey's equipment, I take it?
I wouldn't go out of my way to use those two Keyblades to base such wide-spread theories. The IKK is effectively the only Dark Realm Keyblade we're familiar with, and with how Mickey - who is related to BBS - knew to go look for it, the KK and IKK's obvious relation, and the whole similarity to Ven's Keyblade - knew about the IKK, makes me think that the KK and IKK are a special case, created at the time of BBS.
Until BBS sheds more light on it, I'll treat it as a special case.

Yep, his gear equipment thingy.

Yeah, I know. Not really trying to theorize on every Keyblade having an opposite. Seems fanfiction like. But I'm just saying that description gave me that sort of idea.

That would make a lot of sense. I hope we get to learn as much about Keyblades as we expect to in the game.

Isn't it the digital Mickey though in Coded? Or something along those lines that would make Mickey use the SS even inside the Digital World.

Part of Coded is in the Data world. The part that isn't is Mickey and friends (lol) viewing the computer screen. Heartless appear in the room at a point and he defeats them with SS.

Blizzara

I haven't played Coded, but from what I've seen,
the Mickey in Coded (as well as Donald, Goofy and Jiminy) is the real one, sucked into the digital world by the journal itself. So unless that digital world has an effect on Keyblades, Mickey did start using SS again. o_O

Take a look if you like (click)

Last edited:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Isn't it the digital Mickey though in Coded? Or something along those lines that would make Mickey use the SS even inside the Digital World.

Maybe because, in the time that the journal was taking place, Mickey didn't have IKK yet? Perhaps the journal has some altering effects on real individuals going in.

well wear did he get this second key(the Star Seeker)

Blizzara

The Star Seeker is in BBS, so I guess we won't know until we've played it.

Maybe because, in the time that the journal was taking place, Mickey didn't have IKK yet? Perhaps the journal has some altering effects on real individuals going in.

But wouldn't Mickey realize he's using the wrong Keyblade? You'd think he'd react to accidentally summoning a weapon he hasn't used in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back