• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey's Mystery (backstory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Willow A113

Awards
Ok, so I really don't understand Mickey's backstory in Kingdom Hearts. His world was in black and white until some unexplained thing happened to change it to color. Then he apparently wanted to be a musketeer his whole life, yet he showed no interest in it back in Timeless River. But we know they are the same versions of the characters because Donald and Goofy remember that time! Also, for some reason, Mickey used to be mute before learning to speak?

How he became king is understandable, he married Minnie, who was the princess. But that castle also makes no sense! The country of the musketeers takes place in France, I believe. But the Disney Castle is obviously not France and is not even the same castle! And in the timeless river, they talk about "building Disney castle" but that's obviously not France, either! Why would they build a new castle when the one they had was perfectly fine?! Much less in another country?!?!?! Also, Pete must have the ability to regrow limbs because in cotm, he had a peg, and after that, he had a normal foot!

Now, this makes more sense than the other criticisms, but still needs to be talked about. How did Mickey discover gummi blocks and travel the galaxy? How did he meet master yen sid and get a keyblade? Why did Yen Sid even trust Mickey in the first place? How did he go from being just a king to being that PLUS a keyblade master? It seems like he wouldn't want to do all of that because he should want to be there for his PEOPLE like a good king does! Not to mention his best friends and his WIFE!

One more thing: Ducktales! How does that fit in? We know some version of it exists because the nephews and Scrooge exist in kh. Did Donald quit being a musketeer to be in the navy/live with Scrooge (depending on the version)? After Ducktales, did he decide to work at the castle again, this time as a magician? Also, how did he even learn magic in the first place? He couldn't have just gotten those skills out of nowhere!

These things were never explained and the Disney trio rarely even talk about their past. Goofy never even mentioned that he has a firetruckING SON (and I also don't have a clue how he fits in either)!!!!! These characters' backstories make no sense and it drives me crazy!!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah there is probably centuries (?) of untold stories with the classic Disney trip, Pete, and the other residents. DDD and KH2 barely scratched the surface to their history. Maybe that can be explored in phase 2 at some point

In regards to Max if he does exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe they can just come up with some excuse like he left Disney Castle at some point to go on his own adventures.

Barrett

Awards
The Mickey & Friends brand/universe has always been very loose with its own various continuities (provided if a certain take on them would even have continuity in the first place) and, unless they go very hard with the backstories of any of the Mickey Mouse characters, you can pretty much expect the same thing to happen with the Mickey characters and their worlds in Kingdom Hearts.

IMO? Probably for the better too since the Mickey lore in this series right now is pretty vague and spread thin and far out, which leaves a lot of opportunities to explain certain things when the series needs to in its own and maybe even wild way without having to worry about other established continuities. For all we know, Mickey, Minnie, and the whole gang could've been in entire other worlds in their time between Country of the Musketeers and Disney Town/Disney Castle and use those times to explain certain things in its own weird way.

cakito123

Awards
My headcannon is that Mickey was born in Timeless River, then when he grew up and learned how to talk, he went to the Musketeer's worlds with Donald and Goofy - later, Yen sid reached out to him and let him know he was a keyblade wielder. He trained under him in the DDD's music world, and later he build his castle at Disney's Castle world lol

But like @Duke Baloney mentioned, mickey's backstory isn't so solid and can change anytime to fit whatever KH needs to - and this is good in my POV - that's mickey

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How he became king is understandable, he married Minnie, who was the princess. But that castle also makes no sense! The country of the musketeers takes place in France, I believe. But the Disney Castle is obviously not France and is not even the same castle! And in the timeless river, they talk about "building Disney castle" but that's obviously not France, either! Why would they build a new castle when the one they had was perfectly fine?! Much less in another country?!?!?!
I just assume the French Revolution happened and Minnie had to flee the guillotine.

These things were never explained and the Disney trio rarely even talk about their past. Goofy never even mentioned that he has a firetruckING SON (and I also don't have a clue how he fits in either)!!!!! These characters' backstories make no sense and it drives me crazy!!
Wanna know what's weird? Max isn't even Goofy's first kid! In one or more of the old Goofy shorts there was Goof Jr./George. Funny how Goof Troop never brought him up.

Coming to Disney Plus, A Goofy Movie 3: Max Learns he has a F***ing Brother!

Ok, maybe not but Disney should be making that!

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I just assume the French Revolution happened and Minnie had to flee the guillotine.

As Pete's baying mob decended from the dungeons onto Disney Town en route to Disney Castle, The Queen sought to diffuse tensions:

Screenshot_20210128-104007_YouTube.jpg

"Let them eat cake Royalberry Ice Cream."

"Delicious," Aqua intoned in a monotone laced with concept.

"You couldn't have picked a better flavour - to mark the end of your reign," she declared while sharpening the ridges of her Keyblade against the limestone castle wall.

Last edited:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My headcannon is that Mickey was born in Timeless River, then when he grew up and learned how to talk, he went to the Musketeer's worlds with Donald and Goofy - later, Yen sid reached out to him and let him know he was a keyblade wielder. He trained under him in the DDD's music world, and later he build his castle at Disney's Castle world lol

But like @Duke Baloney mentioned, mickey's backstory isn't so solid and can change anytime to fit whatever KH needs to - and this is good in my POV - that's mickey

i posted in another thread about how these very steps can lead Mickey to go through his MoM exam that leads him to what happened in BBS-KH3 real time to him being sent to Scala after Melody of Memory to investigate the past leading him to his own past to where he got to Daybreak Town and his backstory gets explained as hes going through time

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It seems like he wouldn't want to do all of that because he should want to be there for his PEOPLE like a good king does! Not to mention his best friends and his WIFE!
Mickey might be king consort and not king regnant. If we are to believe the events of Land of Musketeers informs how Mickey and Minnie meet, it could make sense that she's queen regnant as she was royalty and he was not. With how often Mickey is gone, she might as well be even, if Mickey were the ruling King. She seems to be incharge of the town and castle most of the time and have things under control.

One more thing: Ducktales!
Well Disney World also seems to be lacking a Duckburg, so it's debatable if any version of it took place. There are multiple Disney canons and I feel pretty certain that the Disney World one has its own that's inspired by the various ages of Mickey and Friend.

Goofy never even mentioned that he has a firetruckING SON
Not necessarily. In some continuities Goofy has a son, but in many he doesn't or it's left ambiguous. On top of that Max Goof hasn't been referenced or used very much. The only recent reference to him I'm aware of was a cameo in the new Ducktales.

While I'm not opposed to his inclusion. Sadly he's not even considered a secondary character like Clarabelle or Horace, but rather is grouped among characters like Humphrey the Bear. At this point I think he's as likely to show up as Webby, Daisy's nieces or the other rescue rangers from Chip and Dale.

Wanna know what's weird? Max isn't even Goofy's first kid! In one or more of the old Goofy shorts there was Goof Jr./George. Funny how Goof Troop never brought him up.
According to most places I've looked Goofy Jr. and Max are supposed to be the same kid. It's an odd choice given that Max and Goofy Jr. look nothing alike. I guess another reading is they could be alternative versions of each other.

Back