• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Moana (2016) - "You're Welcome!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Re: Moana (2016) - Sneak peek!

Eh, my hype has kinda settled down for this one.

That’s only because Disney’s been quiet with the promotion. Get ready to be hyped all over again because this soundtrack puts Frozen’s to shame!

[video=youtube;LOwVQvAIK-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOwVQvAIK-k[/video]

Muke

whatever
Awards

Nah, not really. I don't care about the movie anymore because suddenly the plot sounds... meh to me. Still gonna check it out though.

Muke

whatever
Awards

[video=youtube;kRPxfJaz0Pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPxfJaz0Pw[/video]

Okay… this dub is horrible.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I just got out of the movie, was lucky enough to find an early screening near me on vacation. I won't say much now, but I honestly feel it was one of Disney's best. It was funny, smart, and personal. The plot wasn't necessarily groundbreaking, but it never needed to be as intricate as something like Zootopia's was. The simplicity of the plot really allowed the characters to shine through without ever getting in their way. For anyone concerned, simple does not mean poorly written. The film and its music were absolutely outstanding.

I haven't grinned, laughed, or gotten chills like that ever in a movie before. Moana was absolutely phenomenal.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I just got out of the movie, was lucky enough to find an early screening near me on vacation. I won't say much now, but I honestly feel it was one of Disney's best. It was funny, smart, and personal. The plot wasn't necessarily groundbreaking, but it never needed to be as intricate as something like Zootopia's was. The simplicity of the plot really allowed the characters to shine through without ever getting in their way. For anyone concerned, simple does not mean poorly written. The film and its music were absolutely outstanding.

I haven't grinned, laughed, or gotten chills like that ever in a movie before. Moana was absolutely phenomenal.

I’m so jealous, It releases at December 2nd in the UK. Apparently, there’s a really obscure Disney character cameo. I can’t wait to find out who it is…

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I’m so jealous, It releases at December 2nd in the UK. Apparently, there’s a really obscure Disney character cameo. I can’t wait to find out who it is…

Oh, it's fantastic. You can't miss it. There's an Easter egg in the credits for someone else, too.

Knuxpyro56

So cannot wait to see this movie, i might see it on Friday, if not then hopefully Sunday

Muke

whatever
Awards

e[video=youtube;JTvfFKCLSVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvfFKCLSVg[/video]

Ughhh what the hell are they doing with the script? Also, did they have to change her name, too?
See, I love the voice actress, but the lip syncing isn't quite as good compared to other Disney Movies.
"Du bist so bring das Herz zurück!!" is what they did.
What they should have done is:
"Du bist so -- bring das das Herz zurück!!"

I get what they were trying to do.
"Du bist so mühsam/tot/whatever adjective" gets interrupted and she continues to yell: "Bring das Herz zurück!"
Like, this sentence doesn't make sense in the way Moana is talking. Idk if it's the same in English?

I mean, okaay… they couldn't really have done anything because of the lip syncing and all, but come on…

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

e[video=youtube;JTvfFKCLSVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvfFKCLSVg[/video]

Ughhh what the hell are they doing with the script? Also, did they have to change her name, too?
See, I love the voice actress, but the lip syncing isn't quite as good compared to other Disney Movies.
"Du bist so bring das Herz zurück!!" is what they did.
What they should have done is:
"Du bist so -- bring das das Herz zurück!!"

I get what they were trying to do.
"Du bist so mühsam/tot/whatever adjective" gets interrupted and she continues to yell: "Bring das Herz zurück!"
Like, this sentence doesn't make sense in the way Moana is talking. Idk if it's the same in English?

I mean, okaay… they couldn't really have done anything because of the lip syncing and all, but come on…

Moana's name had to be changed for the same reason that the film's title was changed. Being that they are the same word, it makes sense that they would have had to change both. I can't comment on the German script, but I thought the English script was very natural, and frankly very current with how people speak today.

A large part of the issues your having with the dub are from the process that every film company has to go through in order to dub something. The flaws are more noticeable in some films as compared to others just because of how it's written in its native language. They can't change the wording too much or it'd mess with the entire movie, and they simply don't have the time to reanimate the entire film. It's like you mentioned. No matter what, film companies are often screwed when it comes to dubbing. I typically just watch foreign films in their native languages.

JMT

Awards

Ok I'm as a Hardcore KH Fan i saw the movie today and i will say to you KH fans i will say you must see this movie it would go so well with kingdom hearts. I already see Crossover Fanfic to be publish In about a week using KH and moana. Please trust me KH fans and please go see Moana in theaters this Week or Soon. Trust me you will agree with me.

Knuxpyro56

I am all for both Moana and Zootopia for being in Kingdom Hearts 3. Pipe dream for me is Worlds, but i would be okay if they just get summons and Te Ka (the lava monster) would be a secret boss. Maybe on Destiny Islands if they wanted to do that.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Very good. Loved the visuals in this movie the most out of anything. They have com so far with animating water and it gets me so hype. Makes me want to go back to Hawai'i.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Very good. Loved the visuals in this movie the most out of anything. They have com so far with animating water and it gets me so hype. Makes me want to go back to Hawai'i.

Agreed, the visuals are incredible. Fun fact, the hair physics and effects they attempted to use in Big Hero 6 almost broke the entire movie, so upgrading that was actually a big focal point for the technical side of Moana.

Something I've yet to specifically praise is the movie's score. It is absolutely phenomenal. The way it manages to capture the spirit of the film all the while giving it that "Disney feel" is something special. It's just as outstanding, if not more so, than the soundtrack itself.

Knuxpyro56

Mark Mancina deserves high praise for the score after working with Hans Zimmer on Lion King and Tarzan/Brother Bear with Phil Collins, he has a Disney Score to really call his own. I got alot of Tarzan and Lion King Vibes listening to the soundtrack for the first time.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I haven't listened to the score by itself yet but knowing that Mark Mancina wrote it tells me that I will enjoy it. The only song I didn't like from the soundtrack was Shiny, but I love the rest of the songs, especially Where You Are and We Know the Way.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Finally watched the movie, my goodness, what a beautiful spectacle. It's like a mix of The Little Mermaid, Hercules and Fantasia 2000. And the visuals accompanied with the songs are amazing too! Mild spoiler, Pua the Pig barely gets much screen time? what's up with that!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Finally watched the movie, my goodness, what a beautiful spectacle. It's like a mix of The Little Mermaid, Hercules and Fantasia 2000. And the visuals accompanied with the songs are amazing too! Mild spoiler, Pua the Pig barely gets much screen time? what's up with that!

Those are good comparisons. I got Lion King vibes myself, which makes a load of since considering the score and the fact that Mancina worked on Lion King with Zimmer.

I think not seeing Pua much is logical due to what happened the first time Moana set out to see. His near death experience/total freakout justifies Moana not bringing him along. She also went out completely by herself, and didn't notice Heihei had snuck on board until the morning. That being said, I would have loved more Pua regardless.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Just saw the film. Holy fucking crap, this film was phenomenal. I def miss 2D Disney films ofc, but we really are in another great era of Disney animated movies again.

Muke

whatever
Awards

I'll be watching Moana this Sunday (18th of Dec.). Let's see how this is!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Just saw the film. Holy diddlying crap, this film was phenomenal. I def miss 2D Disney films ofc, but we really are in another great era of Disney animated movies again.

Agreed, Disney has been knocking it out of the park lately. I miss the 2D movies too, but wow, was the 3D animation of this film jaw-dropping. It's hard to be disappointed seeing what we got.

I'll be watching Moana this Sunday (18th of Dec.). Let's see how this is!

Hope you enjoy it, it's outstanding. I'm probably going watch it again early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back