• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Monitor issues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I have Westinghouse LCM-20v5 20.1'' monitor connected to my Acer travelmate 2450 laptop. It has worked fine for about 2 years and has had no problems displaying in it's maximum or native resolution up until last Thursday. For some reason the monitor refuses to go to a 1400x1050@60Hz display but now only goes up to 1280x1024@60Hz, when I connect it to another (broken) computer it works fine and displays everything in 1400x1050 and even when connected to my 360 it works fine but when I connect it to the laptop it only goes up 1280x1024.

I checked the OSD on the monitor but it doesn't let me make it go higher than 1280x1024 even though it can on other devices, there is also no manual reset that I know of or can find.

I've tried system restore, different programs,display properties, forcing the resolution and updating my driver (I have Radeon Omega Driver 3.8.421 ) but nothing works. I would leave it at 1280x1024 but everything is blurry even when I sharpen it in the OSD, is there anything I can do to make it work the way it did before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back