• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More cutscene focused than other Kingdom Hearts games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorseselover

Given that this game is supposed to be an epic conclusion to Organization XIII, I have a feeling this will be the Metal Gear Solid 4 of the Kingdom Hearts series where there’s a lot more focus towards movie than gameplay, and when there is gameplay, it probably wouldn’t be much of a challenge (Unless Nomura decides to be an asshole and design a boss that has the same type of unfair challenge like Xehanort in DDD).

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean...KH2 already did this. Replaying it a few years ago I was honestly super annoyed at the amount of times you take 3 steps and then ANOTHER cutscene plays after the last one lol. It felt like all tell and no show. And yea vanilla KH2 is not even remotely difficult.

Aqua speaks while walking at some points in 0.2. It really would be in their best interest to do so fully in this game, so as not to constantly stop the action for a 15 second conversation. Like yea, clearly big scenes should still stop the action, but not everything has to. Also 0.2 was hard af, so I dunno, there are a lot of options going on in KH3 and I have no idea how they are gonna balance it...but they at least seem to know how to make the game difficult still lol. So I hope they will.

So in summation: I think it can be dialogue heavy and maybe not just cutscene heavy, I hope. And there is also hopefully a recent precedent for the game being not easy. But that also depends on the difficulty setting I would say.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Given that this game is supposed to be an epic conclusion to Organization XIII, I have a feeling this will be the Metal Gear Solid 4 of the Kingdom Hearts series where there’s a lot more focus towards movie than gameplay...

I am all for long cut scenes and no doubt there will be one or two for climatic reasons. Not sure about anyone else, but every time I see a cut scene from this series I want it to drag out a bit longer.

ImVentus

Awards
Well since KH3 will touch upon a lot of important connections, I hope there will be cutscenes that are there for a real reason.
To help the story feel poignant and take some risks with it's visuals. So I want to see quite a good amount of cutscenes, but only if they actually add something to the story or try out something new and fresh with their visuals and character portrayal.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I want Metal Gear Solid levels of cutscene lengths. Kingdom Hearts III looks to be visual eye-candy with a lot of impressive cinematography. Make them longer, I can stare at them all day...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Looks like we're all agreement that the opening should start with "War has changed" and then goes into the actual keyblade war for like 30 minutes straight, which then slowly phases out to Sora's face. And then it begins.

Scorseselover

Looks like we're all agreement that the opening should start with "War has changed" and then goes into the actual keyblade war for like 30 minutes straight, which then slowly phases out to Sora's face. And then it begins.
Actually yeah. That does sound like a great opening. Helps gives us a more in depth look at the Keyblade War. Show don’t tell.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Even though the Disney worlds are more integral to the main plot this time, I still hope we don’t get a 3D again where all the genuinely relevant cutscenes only happen between worlds.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
SDG should be able to talk about stuff while you fly the Gummi Ship, and SDG + party should have a few conversations during normal traveling gameplay (if travel is re-emphasized)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
SDG should be able to talk about stuff while you fly the Gummi Ship, and SDG + party should have a few conversations during normal traveling gameplay (if travel is re-emphasized)
yeah definitely. take aqua's little asides in 0.2 and expand on them. it'd help limit the need for a lot of cutscenes, while also giving an opportunity for smaller bits of characterization and development.

party banter, basically.

Veevee

Awards
I'd actually love for the party members to comment on the current plot points while traveling. I liked that a lot in Dragon Age: Origins, party members sometimes just started a conversation between each other that was not exactly important to understanding the story, but expanded on their character because they talked about their abilities, their past, their wishes ... I sometimes even stopped willingly to not risk missing pieces of the conversation because they were all so well written. I also like that about Nier, it feels much more organic if your party members voice an opinion about the current action because it makes them feel much more like living beings instead of dull companions that cling to your behind. This way we could include semi-important stuff (like voicing doubts, sharing opinions, guessing) that spare us from these every-three-steps-15-seconds-cutscenes and still deliver the content in a more organic way.

Enturax

Awards
I mean, the gameplay is already a cutscene (the QTE's :rolleyes:).
I kinda doubt the cutscenes will be MGS4 level long and frequency, unless it'd be about the "most major" stuff. So, besides the ending, I'm guessing there will be, like, 2 10-20 minute ones at most. I think Square'll focus more on the worlds' exploration and gameplay overall because they gotta fill the game with tons content, since it's the most hyped KH game yet.
Also, because they wanna bring new players in, they may do a similar thing Kojima did with MGSV - the stuff I just mentioned (though, there will be way more cutscenes than in MGSV, that's for sure).

Now that I think of it, since the new character models won't have the 2D faces with 1-2 frame expressions and talk animation anymore, I think they might make way less cutscenes than in KH2, because they're gonna have to put more effort into the interactions between characters... or just put camera far away so we can't see them talk "agagagagagaga" with a soulless look in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back