• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More partner customization?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Yippie

What I'd like to see in future KH games:

1. Bringing world-specific partners to other worlds. I'd love to bring Jack Skellington and Beast with me to Notre Dame (just an example), and maybe the creators could work in specific cutscenes designed for different combinations of followers. For example, voice actors would record extra lines for their characters. Jack Sparrow would be really interested in the treasure of Agrabah, and could create a new storyline spinoff.

2. Actual weapons customization. Whats the point of having a weapon slot for world specific partners if they only have 1 or 2 weapons? It would be cool if you could buy different types of weapons for your partners. Imagine equipping Aladdin with a staff, or Tarzan with brass knuckles. Also, keychains could be equipped as well to change the weapon's look and stats.

Just my two cents. Literally.

(Just an idea, folks.)

State

Awards
What I'd like to see in future KH games:

1. Bringing world-specific partners to other worlds. I'd love to bring Jack Skellington and Beast with me to Notre Dame (just an example), and maybe the creators could work in specific cutscenes designed for different combinations of followers. For example, voice actors would record extra lines for their characters. Jack Sparrow would be really interested in the treasure of Agrabah, and could create a new storyline spinoff

absolutely not, i don't like this part of your idea.
2. Actual weapons customization. Whats the point of having a weapon slot for world specific partners if they only have 1 or 2 weapons? It would be cool if you could buy different types of weapons for your partners. Imagine equipping Aladdin with a staff, or Tarzan with brass knuckles. Also, keychains could be equipped as well to change the weapon's look and stats.

Just my two cents. Literally.

(Just an idea, folks.)
i like your idea of weapon customization but, limit it to weapons they can master.

tacochance

No. Goofy and Donald have both said that all the worlds are secret to each other, Ex: Mulan doesn't know that Halloween Town exists. Or any other world. Anyway, isn't this type of stuff what gameshark's for? :p Imagine Jack Skellington, Riku, and Simba in the same world fighting.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont tihnk they should do that, maybe upgraded weapons, like a stronger scimitar for aladin or stronger swords for mulan and hercules, you know as they level up you can buy upgraded weapons for the chracters. full customization for other characters seems like a hassle

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I somewhat agree with both of your points. The first one would be interesting, but only in a non-canon way. Your second point I agree more with in that they have a weapon slot for the guest members, why not give them another weapon? Not with as much variety as you had said, but more along the lines of what Allister said, a stronger scimitar for Aladdin.

Abbot

Yeah... What Allister said. Every world-partner has a different type of weapon, so having more weapons for every partner would be an excess of weapons, and would be a complete hassle. It was fine in Days, but you only had to change the Gear. What you're saying here, is to have like, different weapons for every world, just for that partner. It's a hassle.

And the worlds are s'posed to stay separate from each other. Sora wasn't even s'posed to meddle with the 'World Order', in the beginning.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Yeah but those are summons. I had been under the impression until KH2 of course that the summons would have no real memory of their time as summon gems and it wouldn't conflict with the idea of the worlds not mixing.

Allister Rose

French Lover
maybe those who know about other worlds are able to be summoned.

and summons have time limits, maybe that's canon so that they wouldnt get all mashed in conflict

Mr Yippie

Yeah, but what if the game's next storyline starts to become Pendragon(a great novel series)-esque.

Meaning, in order for them to survive, the worlds MUST mix?

I imagine Radiant Gardens as the hub, but its now developed into sort of a melting pot city.

Abbot

Well, in the first game, didn't the summons just help you out? Hence why they were called summons. They were summoned from wherever they were, and helped you out. And I'm guessing they already figured out there were other worlds, y'know, considering their world was destroyed, and they somehow ended up with the Fairy Godmother.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First one... NO. Remember Wonderland in KH? Donald and Goofy said they couldn't meddle in the affairs of other worlds. Bringing different people to different worlds is meddling, plus they wouldn't fit in anyways. Weird example, but with theming in the Disney parks, everything HAS to fit in with the setting. Everything has its place in each park. Same sort of thing with Disney characters showing up in other worlds: would Tron show up in, say... Enchanted Domain? Noooope. (plus, that would be a bit impossible anyways :D) Simba in the Land of Dragons? Definitely not, especially if Sora, Donald, and Goofy were back to normal and he was still an animal.

Second one is a lot better. xD; But, I agree with Seraph: keep the weapons limited to the characters. Jack wouldn't be running around with a sword. .-. It just doesn't fit. It's sort of like that in the game, anyways: Sora gets new keyblades, Goofy gets new shields, and Donald gets new staves. But customizing the world-exclusive characters' weapons sounds really neat. :D

Abbot

I can imagine a type of synth thing with the world-partner's weapons. Like, you can add powerups to the weapons to change their attributes, and whatnot. If you want more magic, you'd synth/customize the weapon to be magic-inclined. Like slots/sockets.

State

Awards
~ question, does anyone remember in kh1, when you targeted an enemy, if you pressed the triangle button, one of your allies or the two of them would attack that enemy? if so, was that still in kh2?

Abbot

I doubt it. Remember. Reaction Commands.

Reaction Commands sucked the life out of the KH2 battle system. Intriguing concept, but dismal execution. :/

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I remember that in KH1, it was like a call for assistance basically. In KH2 that wasn't used since the triangle was for reaction commands and limits.

State

Awards
I doubt it. Remember. Reaction Commands.

Reaction Commands sucked the life out of the KH2 battle system. Intriguing concept, but dismal execution. :/

well, i would like that to return, i hated it when you were attacking a heartless while donald and goofy interfered and didn't attack other heartless.

Abbot

Yeah, Triangle button was a call for assistance. I'd always use it when I was low on health. :/

But, yeah, I want that back in the next Sora-KH. Made it seem like you worked as a team more, and that you needed your team, instead of spamming the X button.

EDIT:

Which reminds me of that one boss in Agrabah. The Pot Centipede. I was way too low a level, so I had Donald and Goofy do all the work. :p That's when I found out that they didn't have Finishing Moves, and I had to deal the final blow.

State

Awards
i seriously hope that makes a return in a future kh game with party allies.

Kitsune_XIII

I like the weapon costimization idea, but limit it a little more.

The world-specific party-members on other worlds sounds to fan-fiction-y. I mean... its a good idea, but not for the game. And this is Kingdom Hearts, not Pendragon(to whoever said Pendragon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back