• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More PS4 Remasters on the horizon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
Sony Says PS4 Appeals to Wii Owners Who Never Bought PS3 or Xbox 360 - GameSpot

Basic rundown, Playstation big wig Andrew house goes on about how 50% of PS4 owners never owned a ps3, coming from either X360 or the Wii family. So they are keen on remastering more Ps3 classics like TLOU, which comes out at the end of this month, as a means to 'catch up' new owners.

So my question is, with the certain remasters of last gen games coming to current (PS4 n possibly Xbone), which games would you like to see? Or do you even want old games getting remastered and just want them to bring on the new?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Please send Journey, Ico and SotC our way next. TnT

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think I would prefer they go with creating newer games instead of remastering old ones, simply because I am a PS3 owner and will be disappointed if many of the games I already invested in are released a few years later in better visual quality.

Though, this is an incredibly smart idea for the people who didn't have a PS3.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think remastering PS3 games is a bad idea. They say they're catering to the people who didn't own a PS3, but instead of making new games that they probably bought the system for, they're remaking old ones. And isn't that the purpose of Cloud, anyway? And what about people who owned the PS3 before? I think few people are going to buy games they likely owned. I mean, it's great for people who missed out on the games, don't get me wrong, but Microsoft is stepping their game with the Xbox One and Sony is still trailing in the past.

Please send Journey, Ico and SotC our way next. TnT

Weren't they already remastered on PS3?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Remasters are okay as long as they don't take away from valuable resources needed for new games and experiences. He isn't wrong. There is a pretty large percentage of current PS4 owners who completely skipped over the PS3 and some who are owning a PS system for the first time ever.

With that said, I second the request for a Journey remaster. That is truly the only game that I would care to have remastered on the PS4. Such perfection.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Weren't they already remastered on PS3?
Yes but their beautiful and I wish I could download them for PS4. TnT (wishing for ports)
As far as actual remasters my stance is the same as Taochans.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thirding a Journey remaster. It is such a gorgeous game on the PS3, and I can imagine that on PS4 it would be even more stunning. Also imagine the DS4 light bar changing as you go into different zones...and it fades as you reach the snow...then blooms back into color as you ascend and flashes in time with the music as you walk into the pathway ahhhh it's trivial but I really like games that utilize the light bar so it just isn't some thing that is there

I would love to see Uncharted remastered for the PS4, but I feel like that is something that will probably end up happening so I don't think it needs to be asked for...

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Sony is having an issue selling the PS4 in their home turf. PS3 remasters of Western games will not help in that regard.

Besides, PlayStation products have a 10 year life span. The PS2 was still selling like hotcakes long after the PS4 was released. Lower the price of the price of the PS3 and allow new PlayStation fans to start from there.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I would love to see Uncharted remastered for the PS4, but I feel like that is something that will probably end up happening so I don't think it needs to be asked for...
This would actually be really cool because I haven't played a single one of the games but I'm now interested in getting into the series.

Sdog

Awards
This would actually be really cool because I haven't played a single one of the games but I'm now interested in getting into the series.

They are amazing! Especially if you ever wanted to feel like you were controlling an Indiana Jones movie. I wouldn't be surprised if this collection does get announced and released before uncharted 4 next year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but there's an opportunity with some of the remastering or re-imagining from PS3 franchises that will potentially find an audience that hasn't played them in the previous generation because they skipped that generation
I'm glad they're re-imagining Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 instead of just porting the remastered version. And gimmie that Uncharted remaster pls

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I would love to have remasters of some PS3 classics, but I would also like new titles. I mean, every good new console needs those to stay relevant, right? Not saying the PS4 isn't relevant, but as stated, it's not selling as well in Japan.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I don't mind the remasters. I like that many people who didn't get to play before can finally get a chance, and then depending on the game (The Last of Us) I would gladly re-buy a couple as well.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Sony is having an issue selling the PS4 in their home turf. PS3 remasters of Western games will not help in that regard.

Besides, PlayStation products have a 10 year life span. The PS2 was still selling like hotcakes long after the PS4 was released. Lower the price of the price of the PS3 and allow new PlayStation fans to start from there.

Surprise surprise; Sony would rather you buy a PS4 than a PS3.

PS4 sales in Japan will come in time, and there's definitely no need for Sony to feel rushed to get them there. Their main competition, the Xbox One, isn't a threat in Japan. Their issues there are coming more from the fact that Japanese gamers prefer mobile gaming at the moment, but once the Japanese developed games start coming in, so will the gamers.

omnipresent

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So they're releasing PS3 games on PS4, but they're also gonna have PS3 games featured on Playstation Now. I'm sensing a conflict of interests here.

Sdog

Awards
I don't mind the remasters. I like that many people who didn't get to play before can finally get a chance, and then depending on the game (The Last of Us) I would gladly re-buy a couple as well.

Playing TLOU Remastered now, gorgeous game. Great for someone like me who didn't get to play it since I had to sell my PS3 before it came out. These remasters can be great for some last gen classics so they can continue to live on, as long as they are classics (sorry Metro games I may be biased but I personally don't think you count).

Master Ultima

Awards
Playing TLOU Remastered now, gorgeous game. Great for someone like me who didn't get to play it since I had to sell my PS3 before it came out. These remasters can be great for some last gen classics so they can continue to live on, as long as they are classics (sorry Metro games I may be biased but I personally don't think you count).
Don't forget about Grand Theft Auto V coming to PS4 this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back