• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Mourning for my deceased Akita

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Hey, I usually don't go on this section of the forums and really do not want to write about my problems but I need some advice. Some good advice actually, if that's not too hard. I had this dog, well it was a male American Akita and his name was Luigi, I had him since I was just six years old and it's been two days since he's passed away. It's been really disorientating for me that he's gone from my life when I woke up and heard my mother screaming and crying when she saw the dog's body completely lifeless in the backyard where he and another female Akita named Princess play around and have a large doghouse where they sleep. I was in tears and felt many things all at once when I saw him, his eyes closed. Long story short, he was buried in my backyard where he has a small lot devoted to him and still, I feel like crap. I wish I could had done something and wonder if he's in a better place. He was more than just a pet, but a family member and a guardian, a protector. I can't help but cry knowing that he is gone.

Please give me advice on how to deal with this.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
My dog died of cancer a few years ago.

You feel like shit for a while. The main thing that helped me was just doing ANYTHING to keep your mind off of it. Hell, I was reading books. And I usually hate reading.

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't think about what he looked like when he was.. well, dead. Think about the good times. That's what my family did when our fishes, Kip, Kip da II, Kip da III, and Spot died. We gave them proper funerals. Just mind you don't transition from good times to present without thinking.

Honor him, I guess. "All Dogs Go to Heaven"

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
im sorry for your loss

i remember my pet fish "pescadito" when i was 6
he died and i buried him in my back yard
i planted some flowers where he rested.
those flowers were the most beautiful i had ever seen

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Damn, it's tough after something like this happens. I agree with nojerom_14 here. Your memories are of Luigi alive, and what you did together. Now, if memories are all you have to work from now, cherish them, and live your life for him, as well as for yourself. Don't die with those you love, but instead work with them to better yourself.

As I tend to say: acceptance but not denial. Carry on with your life, and try to get on, but keep him in your thoughts and remember him. Just don't let it consume you.

A

Azrael

Thank all of you for your advice, it's quite appreciated and I will remember him.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Just remember that he died a good way if that helps.
He had a good life.

I have this pet lamb that we found a few hours away from dying of starvation. It was like 4 days old and had never eaten. It has pneumonia and an infected leg which is huge from swelling. Its a little fighter. We didnt expect it to live a day but it has and it tries really hard. If it dies I know I will be really sad because it never had a chance and its had a horrible life and will tell me that no matter how hard you try there is somethings you just cant beat.

From what I can tell its not the same with your dog.

A

Azrael

Just remember that he died a good way if that helps.
He had a good life.

I have this pet lamb that we found a few hours away from dying of starvation. It was like 4 days old and had never eaten. It has pneumonia and an infected leg which is huge from swelling. Its a little fighter. We didnt expect it to live a day but it has and it tries really hard. If it dies I know I will be really sad because it never had a chance and its had a horrible life and will tell me that no matter how hard you try there is somethings you just cant beat.

From what I can tell its not the same with your dog.

Damn, did you try taking it to a doctor and hope he heals it.

It was just unexpected. He was eleven years old but he was walking around and eating like a normal dog. It just happened.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Damn, did you try taking it to a doctor and hope he heals it.

It was just unexpected. He was eleven years old but he was walking around and eating like a normal dog. It just happened.

My dad wont let us. He thinks it will die. He gave it an antibiotic injection but the antibiotics expired 1994. Thats the best we can do for it.

Personally, I think thats a good way to die. He was himself up to that point. He must not have known it was coming.

You need to find a good aspect to this and just remember that and it will help. Something like you dont regret anything about how you were to him. If you know you did all you could you will feel better.

A

Azrael

My dad wont let us. He thinks it will die. He gave it an antibiotic injection but the antibiotics expired 1994. Thats the best we can do for it.

Personally, I think thats a good way to die. He was himself up to that point. He must not have known it was coming.

You need to find a good aspect to this and just remember that and it will help. Something like you dont regret anything about how you were to him. If you know you did all you could you will feel better.

Thank you for your advice and I hope that when he slept his last night that he had a flashback of all his life from birth to that moment, I might not be religious but I believe that his spirit's always around. Akita's are loyal protectors and I believe in my opinion regardless of fact that he will be protecting me and my family.

I didn't want to throw him in the trash so my parents gave him his own burial spot in our backyard with a marker saying "Luigi"

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
oh dude luigi is like an epic dog name.

did this project in school and like, me and my friends chose super mario bros. i played luigi it was fun. almost played bowzer though cuz i love shouting like an idiot.

hey, think about your dog. don't try to forget him. I know people try to forget those who die or where close to them, but that won't help you get over it. it will only hide the truth and stay in the back of your mind until you deal with it.

wait never mind your beliefs are completely different hence i cannot help you. soz.
even though you can't see him, he'll always be there, just how you will in heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back