• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Moving on after heartbreak?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKitty90

So, a while ago I had really strong feelings for a co worker that I was friends with. She didn't feel the same and I ended up getting hurt. I never really got over it. But now, a guy friend of mine has let it be known that he likes me and wants to go out with me. He's a good guy and I can certainly see something happening there, but it's bringing back all these memories and I'm just a bit all over the place right now. I'm meeting him next week for lunch so we can talk, and I'm hoping that's enough time for me to sort my feelings out. Any advice would be appreciated, but I mostly just wanted to get these thoughts out.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If the wounds aren’t healed, then take it slow. Just be yourself at the lunch. Express interest (if you wish) but don’t fall in. Have low expectations, and just have fun.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Be yourself, take it easy if you feel nervous or worried. If you start to, just start taking some deep breaths and relax. Take some time to know each other during lunch. Maybe knowing each other more will help sort some feelings out. And like what Recon said, have fun.

Obiewantsanipod

Life goes on. Not everyone is going to like you and you won't like everyone. In the first instance they weren't into you, so what? This new guy is, and you have an opportunity to go have lunch and enjoy yourself. So go have lunch and enjoy yourself.

slide9595

Applying the law of attraction, when I was single and had taken a year to heal and rediscover who I was, I used the advise from The Secret, I drew a little post it note line drawing of myself with a contented smile on my face being hugged from behind by a man with an equally content smile. It was on my bathroom mirror for years and I made a point of feeling the calm and devoted love of a trusted best friend as I looked upon it and in my meditations.

It worked. It took four years but it worked.

Walk in Beauty

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l

Last edited:

namanjohnson101

hello everyone,

Take off the rose-colored glasses. Make a conscious effort to view the person as just a person, with flaws and insecurities and hang-ups, just like every other human in the world. It is easy to idealize an ex-lover after a heartbreak, thinking 'I'll never find anyone like him/her.' That's simply not true. You aren't perfect, they weren't perfect, and it obviously wasn't right. Search for the incompatibilities and the logic behind the breakup.
It won't be easy, but looking at the situation objectively and realistically can really help a lot.

thanks and regards

insideOUT

Part of my healing journey was learning who I was. And Who I want to be. And being that person.
That includes a lot of tears, seclusion, taking accountability for my actions- good and bad. Knowing my self worth, and accessing my esteem and outlook.
This includes face masks, a lot of nail painting, going on walks, watching youtube, getting off social media, learning new hobbies, rediscovering who I am, and taking time to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back