• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Murder Mesa (Signups/OOC) [Murder Mysery]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Bringing RP to a whole new level with my first ever RP. I have such high standards of myself, heheh.

Murder Mesa

Murder Mesa is going to be an RP completely unlike any RP you have ever been in. For one, characters have little importance in the RP, but their interactions will be extremely important. Secondly, everyone is going to be solving a mystery! Fine, sounds a bit anticlimax, but you'll see why I describe it as such as we go on.

Story

The Great Mage Joseph is a wizard that has lived for several millenia, poring over copious amounts of books and learning too much. Unfortunately, after studying that much, he became very bored and decided to do something.

Being cooped up for so long, he pretty much did not care for the sanctity of life as he created his way to relieve his boredom: A showdown of wits between him and another, with the lives of a group hanging at stake. Or rather, they won't actually die, he revives them at the end of each showdown to keep his subjects healthy. He figured that he might as well get a mental challenge.

So, using his magical powers, he summons groups of people into an alternate dimension in an environment which he chooses, wiping the memories of those involved to fit into the situation. From those people, he chooses one to take upon the role of one to save the others, one to challenge him in a battle of wisdom, to solve the unsolvable. To some others, he alters their personality, filling them up with violence and evil, to strike down the others in a fit of fury.

As a character, you belong as one of the people transported into the mystical world for Great Mage Joseph's enjoyment, and it is up to the Challenger to redeem all of you (as in, save you without the Great Mage needing to revive you) as he battles against the Great Mage.

Character Choices

Within Murder Mesa, there are different types of character roles:

1. The Game Master, the Great Mage Joseph, or in other words, me, unless I want to relinquish that position. As the Game Master, I control the game, but I am not directly part of the game itself, just a watcher on the sidelines.

2. The Challenger. The Challenger is a key man who volunteers to also watch from the sidelines. As a Challenger, he must identify the Murderers in the RP as it goes on and solve the various murders going on, with their various Modus Operandi. The Challenger is special as he is the only person who can communicate with the Game Master and not be a murderer.

After each major event or murder, the Challenger can converse with the Game Master. During that conversation, the Challenger will pose lines for the Game Master to repeat, and if that statement is true, the Game Master will repeat that sentence in red, bolded. For example:

Challenger: There is more than one murderer in the RP.
Game Master: There is more than one murderer in the RP.

This means that there is more than one murderer in that particular arc. Otherwise, if it is untrue, the Game Master will repeat that sentence in black. For example:

Challenger: There are more than 5 keys to access the locked room in which Joseph was killed.
Game Master: There are more than 5 keys to access the locked room in which Joseph was killed.

This mean that there the statement is untrue, and that there are 5 keys or less to access the room.

It is the Challenger's opportunity to question the Game Master of the truth of the situation at the end of each major event and murder. The trick is to ask questions which are false: The Game Master will stop once more than 2 sentences are in red after each major event and 3 sentences after each murder. As such, a good Challenger can uncover the truth very quickly by asking untrue statements, but please don't waste time asking ridiculous questions.

The Challenger can, at any time, accuse a person or multiple people of being murderer/murderers. At that point, he must correctly explain the Modus Operandi involving 3n/4 of the people that have already been murdered. The Modus Operandi involves the method of killing, as well as the method to evade people and hide the corpse, meaning elaborate murders are harder to catch. This means that if the Murderer botches up his first murder, the Challenger can catch him already from there. By having the number of people as a criteria, it makes it riskier for Murderers to target large groups of people at once, because the Challenger just needs to solve a big murder for it to reach that criteria. Once that is done, the Challenger wins.

On the other hand, the Challenger loses if there is only 1 person surviving who may or may not be a murderer, if his accusation is wrong, or only the murderers are the remaining characters left alive.

3. Other Characters. In any arc, there can only be a maximum of 18 characters, including the Murderers and excluding the Game Master and Challenger. Each Character who is not a Murderer is meant to die, but they can try their best not to, for example, they can raise a suspicion among the group and have people stand guard outside the room of a potential Murderer to make it harder to execute a kill. During the RP itself, they can socialize with other characters, and get into arguments over who is a Murderer. If such an argument occurs, it constitutes as a major event and gives the Challenger two more red statements.

When a Murderer has marked a Character for death, the Murderer will PM the Game Master the Modus Operandi, and the Game Master will then PM the Modus Operandi to the Character to subtly plan the events leading to his death. Deaths must be planned with the personality of the Character in mind: For example, a person who hates the outdoors won't suddenly take a stroll in the garden for no reason. From that point, every post the Character makes in the RP must be PMed first to the Game Master, and the Game Master will PM the post to the Murderer, and once both are satisfied that the post is acceptable, the Game Master will PM the Character to allow him or her to post.

Characters can also use the clues obtained by the Challenger and from the story to solve the mystery themselves, even if they're dead. However, solutions produced by the Characters should be PMed to the Game Master instead of posted, and the Game Master will recognize that the Character has successfully solved the mystery at the end of each arc. Nothing better than to snub the Challenger who failed to solve it.

4. The Murderer. There can exist multiple Murderers, who may or may not know each other. Murderers are chosen by the Game Master at the start of each arc. From that point on, the Murderer(s) has/have free reign over what he does and how he wishes to kill a character(s). A Murderer/Murderers are allowed to discuss their choice of a kill and method only with the Game Master, and the Game Master can also advise on the methods if the Murderer(s) cannot come up with their own method due to a writing block. Note that the method of killing and the events leading to it should be designed with the personality of the victim in mind.

Each murder must have one KEY POINT that allows for a hint for the Challenger. The key is to hide that Key Point somewhere inconspicuous. It is the Key Point that will cause the death of the Character. For example, for a character killed by a knife, a Key Point must be revealed: For example, that the weapon is flying. This must be included in the Character's death post. Example:

From the corner of his eye, there was a small glint, then a sickening thud against his side.

The glint is the Key Point, which indicates light reflection on metal. This is vital to give the Challenger a position to start his line of questioning.

Extra
-Murderers can choose to commit suicide to confuse the Challenger, but only if they're in a team or they have already set the traps to kill all other characters but one in advance.

-As the arc is created by Joseph, specific things will exist individually in each arc, and truths may differ. For example, the number of keys to access a room may differ in each arc. Such must be revealed through the line of questioning by the Challenger.

-The last victim has to be killed alone. No group killings to end the arc.

And that is it. People interested in joining, please follow this template post.

Name of Character: Name.
Appearance:
Personality:
Relations (with any other characters):
Others:
Murderer Sympathetic/Challenger Sympathetic:

And have fun! If you sign up, of course.

Arc 1: Characters
Challenger: Challenger (Dowhax)

Other Characters
Kalik (Akans)
Leo (cloudwolf124)
??? (Madammina)

Arc 1 will begin with 10 characters apart from the Challenger. Unless 10 characters come before I finish the 3 story mansion design. Then it waits until I finish it up. Highly unlikely though, possible reason would be no one bothers to finish reading the wall of text instructions.

The numbers set for the Challenger thus far are subject to change, since I have not actually tried this thing yet, and maybe the statements reveal too much or too little, or he is expected to solve too many murders etc.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
o_O

Veerry interesting. Sounds kinda like that mafia game with the cards. Well, if you can get this working nicely, this should be fun. Just a few questions: For Murderer/Challenger Sympathetic, we put which one we're supporting? Wouldn't that kinda give away our intentions?

Name of Character: Kalik

Appearance: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/Mushu-chan/Air%20Gear/Kilik.jpg

Personality: The kind of guy who hates sitting around. Always moving, always restless, Kalik is the type of person to either be killed off first for being nosy or stay till the end because he had figured out everything himself. He's the type of guy who would walk into the scene of a murder both accidentally and on purpose, just so that he could be there. However, this is not always because he's interested in what is happening, but rather because he has nothing else to do.
His speech is snappy and quick, efficient and somewhat cold. This is due to him believing that casual talk is just a waste of time, and he has a bit of a superiority complex, arrogant to a point, but not enough to make others hate him for it. He can be friendly and charismatic if he wants to, especially to the ladies, but again, this is so he can gain information. While he isn't the smartest guy around, he's far from stupid, being more street smart than anything.

Relations (with any other characters): Well I'll have to know the other characters first...

Others: Kalik is hard to kill physically. Though the enemy might have a *slight* advantage if they own a gun.

Murderer Sympathetic/Challenger Sympathetic: Challenger Sympathetic (Really because Kalik is the kind of guy to discover things for himself)

Last edited:

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
No, I need to understand Murderer sympathetic or Challenger sympathetic so I can evenly choose people in each arc. It's basically because of the major event thing that helps the Challenger: Being Challenger sympathetic, you will more likely try to work harder to achieve those bonus questions for the Challenger by starting major events with your character. On the other hand, if everyone is Murderer sympathetic the RP will end up without anyone even caring about that, which will result in either the Challenger lacking enough information to solve it.

Basically, you just choose which side you're more willing to sympathize with as a RPer, to allow a better balance.

Akans

「moriya」
Well you cud just sit here and keep refreshing. That'll make the view count go up xD

I do hope this duzn't die right from the beginning due to lack of people...

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Name: Challenger (if he needs an actual name, then I can edit it in)

Appearance: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/8580189....quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/11/09/anime_boy_3.jpg

Personality: Despite his appearance he doesn't mind having fun. If there's a task at hand he always concentrates on it, never loosing focus to whats important. He doesn't consider himself smart. On any other times he can tend be a dark and lonesome person, a very mysterious person. He is usually seen carrying a book with him, which are usually a mystery novel. He loves mysteries, especially the murder mysteries. He is also sometimes caught in deep thought about things also.

Relations: He is on the sidelines with the Great Mage Joseph.

Others: N/A

Murderer Sympathetic/Challenger Sympathetic: Challenger Sympathetic

((is that good? Let me know if I need to edit anything))

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Hmm...

I would prefer it if you have a normal character description, because the way the story goes the Challenger changes in each arc, so you will become a normal character in arc 2. You'll still be arc 1's challenger though.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Ok, well how about I make another bio for arc 2? Like I have this one, but I keep the same character, but his personality is different though?

Dowhax

Bronze Member
((Yes we do! And here's my second temp for my character))

Name: Darren Sanders

Appearance: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/85801890...nime_boy_3.jpg

Personality: Despite his appearance he doesn't mind having fun. If there's a task at hand he always concentrates on it, never loosing focus to whats important. He doesn't consider himself smart. On any other times he can tend be a dark and lonesome person, a very mysterious person. He is also sometimes caught in deep thought about things also. He also tends to not wait for others sometimes.

Relations: He is with the others that are in the game

Others: N/A

Murderer Sympathetic/Challenger Sympathetic: Challenger Sympathetic

Akans

「moriya」
Link a virus where the person can't leave until they make a temp post :p
Unfortunately enough, a lot of people here like the old standard RP's where everything's cut and dried. It'll be nice to try something new, but not a lot of people seem to be interested >_>

And you mentioned Challengers changing each arc.... does that mean dead people come back every arc?

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Yes. Dead people will come back after each arc. Then the roles of murderers/challenger/normal people will swap, the setting will change, and it begins again.

A nice setting for arc one... Hmm... Isolated mansion anyone? Should be good to start with a mystery classic.

Akans

「moriya」
Isolated mansions are nice. Lots of rooms and oh-so-crumbly stairs that someone may 'accidentally' fall through and break their necks. At the rate we're going though, this mansion will be VERY isolated. Three people? One kill and the Challenger will know who's the murderer.

Is there like... an advertising board here? :p

cloudwolf124

Name of Character: Leo

Appearance: http://forums.khinsider.com/picture.php?albumid=1282&pictureid=11032

Personality: Leo likes the dark and staying out of business that isn’t his own. He tries to keep himself from getting into stuff that he cant handle. Sometimes he doesn’t care if people are in trouble its just another way of minding his own business. Leo is also very steadfast and logical.

Relations:

Others: Leo is a hard person to trick

Murderer Sympathetic/Challenger Sympathetic: Murderer sympathetic

Here's the temp let me know if it needs work

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I read Case Closed so I got some ideas to work with. So setting can happen anywhere, anytime!

Akans

「moriya」
Sweet, we got +3 peoples. This should be fun :D

5 people is kinda short but its better than just 3... Are we allowed to make more people? Cuz I might add another guy for the sake of adding another guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back