• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Music] Megadeth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masquerade

Where's battlecry? :(
Website
www.facebook.com
The greatest thrash metal band of all time? I'd say so. Not only was the lead guitarist, Dave Mustaine, the original lead of Metallica, but he is also the current lead of Megadeth. A band so epic, they still have new albums coming out on a normal basis, even if they come across problems.

One of these problems was Dave Mustaine's injury six years ago, where he suffered a compressed radial nerve in his left arm. (He could barely move it). This injury was said to be untreatable, yet somehow, Dave recovered over the years, and the past year he released United Abominations, epic album.

Back on to the band, not only do they have the most intense solos in all history, they are still writing more. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due, Hangar 18, Sleepwalker, Burnt Ice... The list goes on. This is a band which still makes metal more and more epicz.

YouTube - Megadeth - Holy Wars

YouTube - Hangar 18

YouTube - Megadeth - Peace Sells

YouTube - Megadeth - Trust

YouTube - Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction

Discuss.

ifrit

i totally agree. i can't really think of any other thrash metal band that compares. they are way better musicians than metallica. they'd probably play circles around them. i just can't wait to see what they come up with next album.

i have one problem... dave mustaine does not know any MUSIC THEORY!!!!

it doesn't really matter, anyways, especially when you can write good music and be one of the greatest guitarists of all time (don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's a virtuoso or anything, but he is good).

oh yeah, why did glen drover leave the band? was it because of personal reasons? besides marty friedman, he was probably the best guitarist that megadeth has had.

best megadeth songs (other than holy wars)= wake up dead + in my darkest hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back