• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My BbS review...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTarablus

Ok, so ive been wanting to post a review a while ago when i beat BbS in Japanese but i wanted to keep it t'ill a few days before NA launch to get people pumped up for it, and since i got the NA yesterday i really wanted to do this.

As a KH fan from the age of 7, I mainly liked KH for the combat and the Disney characters but as i grew i started paying attention to the story which now is my main interest. KH BbS really delivers both the Gameplay and the Story we've been waiting for since KH2's secret ending.

The gameplay is refreshing and really fun since you have your button smashing along with a Command Deck that may seem a bit confusing at first but it really becomes an important part of every battle even the smallest. Another new feature is the ShotLock which you will find useless at first, because its still weak and doesn't do much damage but as you progress you level it up and gain new ShotLock types...
One thing i find kinda useless sometimes is the D-Link. Its like a substitute for Summon that too was useless in KH2 but very cool in Kh (Tinkerbell was the best.) You basically change you Command Deck to a different one depending on whom you choose. It could get you out of tight spots since it replenishes your health.
Overall the Gameplay is sweet and wont get boring after a long time, and definitely not in the first Playthrough.

The Graphics are impressing especially for the PSP, tho it kinda sucks that its to powerful for the PSP so it lags at some points and if you want to eliminate the lags you will need to give up Gameplay time because you speed up the PSP which consumes battery.
The graphics look like the PS2 only the worlds are smaller and have less rooms, and like IGN said feel kinda dead....

The Story is very well told, and interesting to hear about the Keyblade wars and how everything unfolds.
Every KH fan would enjoy the story especially the hardcore fans.
I cant find a fault in the story telling honestly...

The music and voice acting are Ok, none are perfect, since Aqua's VA is horrible but all the others are very sweet, and the music will get annoying at some point.

The NA extras impressions:
I'll start off with Critical mode that really impressed me! Its tough as hell speaking from someone who finished BbS on proud, KH1 and 2 on Critical GoW on Titan and many more on toughest or 2nd toughest mode.
One thing that i'm very disappointed from is the Crown Stickers, I expected it to be like in KH2FM but its very different! You collect stickers and then stick them on a photo of the character your playing and for every sticker you receive a certain amount of points which you can redeem for about a dozen bonuses. I really wanted it to be like KH2FM and maybe one Puzzle a teaser for Re:Coded or a hint for a KH3 or somin'

Over all, KH BbS is one of the best PSP games out there, and definitely one of the best KH's if not the best!
I'll give it a 9.0 :)

This is only my opinion that i wanted to share, so please dont bash me for it or for playing an ISO its just that in Israel games are twice as expensive as in US.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Nice review, I guess
Seeing the online stream though, the worlds do look very empty

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I saw the online stream, heard we got extras, some other things, i never actually played it, plus i was a KH fan since the beggining, i would give it a 9.8, you did NOT give it a fair rating!!! (jk good rating.) i like the voice acting, why do people keep hating on it?!?!!?

Last edited:

Lonelyness21

Awards
I saw the online stream, heard we got extras, some other things, i never actually played it, plus i was a KH fan since the beggining, i would give it a 9.8, you did NOT give it a fair rating!!! (jk good rating.) i like the voice acting, why do people keep hating on it?!?!!?

Because people tend to be very nit-picky
I mean, I love everything that is voice acting, it's my passion and what-not yet I STILL really like it in this game and can't see what's with all the nit-picking .__.

YUPPP

Good score. I thought the soundtrack for the game was superb though. And I actually really like Aqua's VA and everyone else's for that matter. But then again when it comes to games I'm not hard to please.

GTarablus

well her voice just doesn't suit aqua... aqua should sound a bit more excited in my opinion... and thanks for reading my rev.

Raebus

I'm gonna wait for more official reviews. Any review done by a KH fan has the chance of being a tad bit bias, it was a good read anyway.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

well her voice just doesn't suit aqua... aqua should sound a bit more excited in my opinion... and thanks for reading my rev.

It was off a bit but it was far from bad, Ven's was okay and so was Terra's, but they all had their ups and downs.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm gonna wait for more official reviews. Any review done by a KH fan has the chance of being a tad bit bias, it was a good read anyway.

Well to be honest even official reviews are going to be biased in someway or another. *cough*IGN*cough*

Since people have been giving impressions on Aqua... I'm going to say she's "okay." She either does really good or really bad throughout her time. Some lines fit... but others do need more emotion.

A

Artorius Rex

Well the worlds were rather empty though that's pretty normal in KH so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back