• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Cat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Gilbert has always been, and always will be my favourite cat. He was found near death and picked up by emergency crews that brought him to a humane society where my mum picked him up 8 years ago. He was just given an expiration date 5 months ago. Gilbert is a handicat (neurological disorders), he's deaf, and has no fear in him, only love. I sleep next to him in my lap almost every night, but I can't feel that without his love that I will never ever feel that again from another animal. I speak only now because I am saddened by his death sentence, and ask others to give me advice as to how I can give him the love from me he deserves, regardless of money, or time spent, and only because I know someone will find him passed away, thinking he's sleeping like he always does.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
It is always hard to lose an animal, I should know, my family's seen a lot of that. We're on our 3rd retriever.

One thing I've learned from these experiences is that every animal is different, and expecting an animal to act exactly like the one that preceded it is unfair to both you and it. My second dog was very loyal and obedient, and our current one does her own thing. Do we wish we could turn back the clock and keep our second one? of course we do, but we can't.

That isn't to say that your feelings on the matter aren't valid (they are). My best advice I can give you is keep doing what you're doing, and keep that routine. Sometimes the best way to show an animal you care is by keeping things the same, but it's fine to give a few more treats here and there. Before we put down our dog, we treated her to her favorite places and gave her some of her favorite foods the day before. If your cat is comfortable sleeping win your lap, keep doing that.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
One thing I've learned from these experiences is that every animal is different, and expecting an animal to act exactly like the one that preceded it is unfair to both you and it.

My best advice I can give you is keep doing what you're doing, and keep that routine. Sometimes the best way to show an animal you care is by keeping things the same, but it's fine to give a few more treats here and there.
I 100% agree. So far all I've been doing is comforting him during his fits, cleaning up after him, and making sure is loved (like always)

Back