• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My guesses on what we can expect next

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WastedPenguin

Awards
I will sort this by what I think is most likely to least likely.

1. DDD 2 for consoles.

I can see them doing a DDD sequel with Riku and Kairi as the two playable protagonists. Story would revolve around finding Sora in Quadratum, with Kairi getting trained by Aqua.

2. A PS4/PS5 KH game with Yozora as the protagonist.

To me, this game would be the perfect way to start off the 2nd phase. We would most likely get an entirely new type of gameplay, and Nomura finally gets to create his beloved Versus XIII within the KH universe.

3. KH Ux remake for PS4/5, PC and Xbox.

4. KH 4.

As far as I remember, there was a 3 year gap between the release of KH 1 and 2. Maybe this will be the case once again for KH4. If it is, then we can expect a KH4 announcement during the E3 this year or at the TGS.

5. A re:com, bbs, days, re:coded, and DDD remake for smartphones.

Although I would prefer them doing it for consoles, it's not unlikely they will pull off an FF VII Ever Crisis for Kingdom Hearts.

6. A Disney+ KH Animated series.

Rumors have been there for a pretty long time.

7. A KH title with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy as the protagonists.

They would basically revisit every world Sora visited from KH1 up to KH 3.

8. KH 1 & 2 Remake for PS5.

This is what I think is the least likely. However, this would be a great opportunity for newcomers to and veterans of the KH dev team to become familiar with UE5 and to get an idea of what made KH 1 & 2 so great and iconic.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the next game will be on a main console (either PS4 or 5) with a dual scenario of Sora and Riku dealing with Quadratum--3D-2, basically. I don't expect Yozora to be playable except maybe in a prologue or something. I think it could be titled KH4 even though it's a spiritual successor to 3D... At least I don't see the story of Sora being brought back as a side game or side story, but something that belongs as a main title.

Well, I suppose I should amend that. I think that's what the next *new* game will be. The next thing to be released will probably be a 3.5 ReMIX that includes Re-mind, MoM, and a movie (or movies) of the mobile games' content. Perhaps they could do something similar to 0.2 with Yozora in a collection like that? I just doubt Yozora is going to be a main playable character, but that's an UO, I think.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'm thinking the next game could potentially be a BBS Type game:

Five stories - Kairi, Riku, Sora, Final Episode and Secret Episode

Kairi's story would be first, she get's trained by Aqua and then goes on some journey to the Disney worlds to justify having Disney worlds in the game. We would get some insight into what's going on in the Realm of Light and meet the other Princesses of Heart.

Riku and Sora's story would have little Disney content, maybe Riku and Sora would get some exclusive Disney world that only (Tim Burton's Wonderland or another Live Action film) they can visit or meet some Disney characters like Mary Poppins or Oswald.

The Final Episode would focus on one character exclusively, maybe Riku & Sora got in trouble and Kairi saves them, Riku needs to be saved by Sora or like DDD: Riku saves Sora.

The Secret Episode could really be anything, a Yozora Scenario where you play as Yozora or Mickey's Adventure in Scala. I imagine the game would end with all three main characters returning back to Destiny Islands, I don't see any conflicts happening there. So the Secret Episode might as well focus on someone else. (Or no Secret Episode at all)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Either the Disney+ series or the Quadratum game involving Sora, Riku, Yozora, and maybe Kairi on the outside. Both projects could probably be announced on the same day in 2022

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The problem with the Riku/Kairi game pitch is the notion that they would have character exclusive worlds. Not only is this unpresedented for the series but unlikely given the amount of work that would require, unless they only get like 3-4 worlds each.

Dark Rot

Awards
I think the next game will be on a main console (either PS4 or 5) with a dual scenario of Sora and Riku dealing with Quadratum--3D-2, basically.

I don't see how anyone could think it's anything other than this! This is exactly what the KH3 secret movie implied, and Melody of Memory only cemented the fact that Kairi is NOT tagging along, lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't that supposed to be KHUX? I mean, the keyblade war...
UX isn't a battle royale. The Keyblade War also does not take place during this game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
UX isn't a battle royale. The Keyblade War also does not take place during this game.
Didn't it in the browser version? UX also had an even that featured some of it.

Still I guess it's fair to say that UX and Chi both never really focused on the war itself. I kind of feel like that's also a story best not told in the cute chibi art style to be fair.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Didn't it in the browser version? UX also had an even that featured some of it.

Still I guess it's fair to say that UX and Chi both never really focused on the war itself. I kind of feel like that's also a story best not told in the cute chibi art style to be fair.
It was in KHX, yes. UX takes place after the war and for plot reasons does not revisit it in the main scenario, although it is available through an event as a flashback.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
No matter what, I bet there will be some sort of in-between game that sets up the stakes for Kingdom Hearts IV. My hope is that it takes place in Quadratum, and that the city is some sort of "hub" that Sora and Riku use to go to live action worlds. At the end of the game, Sora is saved and we have a better sense of who the new antagonist is going into IV.

Back