• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Light and dark

Well, this is at the point that you can only agree to disagree because nothing you're saying is convincing me to change my interpretation of that scene and the events that lead up to it, sorry. And capslock isn't going to move me.
Sure friend no problem... to me all three made mistakes, but for you I guess only terra and ventus made mistakes while aqua didn’t? Either way Guess we both have different opinions, welp glad we came to a conclusion, have a good day.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
made mistakes while aqua didn’t?
That is not what I said. No need to be inflammatory and mischaracterize my posts because you're angry I won't agree with you.

Light and dark

That is not what I said. No need to be inflammatory and mischaracterize my posts because you're angry I won't agree with you.
I’m not angry lol why you trying soo hard to make me look angry? Jeez people will saying anything to win an argument, Ok if that is not what you think then that means you agree that she made a mistake in radiant garden? Cause I have been saying this over and over again, aqua jumped to conclusions and distrusted her friend and ventus called her out on it that she was awful for doubting terra

Edit: ugh I’m bad at editing lol anyway are we really starting this again:/ cause clearly we both have different opinions, either way to me all three of them made mistakes even Aqua.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
I agree that she made mistakes within BbS, not in that argument at Radiant Garden. I said in my first post here the flaws I see in the character and how I think she's interesting to people because of the fact that she represents someone who went too far in support of light. Because up to that point we only ever got characters who took darkness "too far."

Foxycian

Awards
To me Ventus was not wrong calling her awful
but at the same time Aqua was trying her best to fulfill her master orders even tho she didn’t do a good job but the same can be said about all 3 of them they all failed miserably haha except maybe ventus poor kid got caught in the drama between Eraqus and xehanort, tbh only thing I didn’t like was Aqua talking to terra as if he didn’t know Better and saying all those things he didn’t do, he was being targeted by xehanort he was just a victim or better say a vessel lol poor earth boy.

Light and dark

I can understand if you defend her mistakes in other worlds and good thing you know she has flaws but Radiant garden is THE world where she screwed up the most or better say where she made most of her mistakes... oh never mind I know by now we both have different opinions, how about we just leave it at that? Better for both of us anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I hate to butt in during this intense debate...but I kinda agree with Tartarus on some points. Terra is one thing, but Ventus totally overreacted in their argument in Radiant Garden when he called her awful and that her title went to her head. She was ordered to bring Ventus back by their master/mentor/father figure. Ventus acted like Aqua just wanted to boss them around which wasn't the case. Ven knew she was a Keyblade Master, so he should have known she now had certain duties and jobs to perform and live up to. Instead he throws it back in her face. A real friend would have realized that. Did he think Aqua would bend the rules for them and put her job on the line? That's a lousy thing a friend could do to another friend. It's just as bad as neither Ven or Terra congratulating her for become a Master.

To me though Eraqus is the real one to blame. He shouldn't have put that burden of Terra and Ventus on Aqua as her first mission as Keyblade Master. He should have realized Aqua would be put in a tough spot given how close she was to them. If he was really concerned about these two, he should have got up and dealt with it himself instead of putting it on Aqua who despite being the most mature of the bunch, wasn't the right one emotionally for this job of keeping a eye on Terra and bringing Ventus home.

Elysium

Awards
I agree, I put most of the blame for everything on Xehanort and Eraqus. Ventus calling her awful is really the only thing I hold against any of the trio themselves, but he practically acts like a five-year old child compared to the other two. All their other mistakes or misunderstandings made sense in context. It was tragic because you can understand why they all acted the way they did given their own limited perspective of what was happening. I know that's only my opinion. *shrug*

disney233

Awards
Tartarus....I understand that Aqua was following the orders handed down by Eraques, and you're on the right with Ven. He REALLY took the things she said in a childish way when she was doing her best to protect him.
Capture 2.PNG
But I will forever hold Aqua down on THIS BS.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I agree, I put most of the blame for everything on Xehanort and Eraqus. Ventus calling her awful is really the only thing I hold against any of the trio themselves, but he practically acts like a five-year old child compared to the other two. All their other mistakes or misunderstandings made sense in context. It was tragic because you can understand why they all acted the way they did given their own limited perspective of what was happening. I know that's only my opinion. *shrug*
It's funny he acted like a five-year old here when he's probably five-thousand years old or something. Seriously he's the oldest one in BBS, even older then Xehanort lol.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think the BBS script is trash because that exchange felt out of place. Maybe it’s a localization issue, maybe it’s not but they went from 0 to 100 with no emotional pay off to that confrontation.

Light and dark

I hate to butt in during this intense debate...but I kinda agree with Tartarus on some points. Terra is one thing, but Ventus totally overreacted in their argument in Radiant Garden when he called her awful and that her title went to her head. She was ordered to bring Ventus back by their master/mentor/father figure. Ventus acted like Aqua just wanted to boss them around which wasn't the case. Ven knew she was a Keyblade Master, so he should have known she now had certain duties and jobs to perform and live up to. Instead he throws it back in her face. A real friend would have realized that. Did he think Aqua would bend the rules for them and put her job on the line? That's a lousy thing a friend could do to another friend. It's just as bad as neither Ven or Terra congratulating her for become a Master.

To me though Eraqus is the real one to blame. He shouldn't have put that burden of Terra and Ventus on Aqua as her first mission as Keyblade Master. He should have realized Aqua would be put in a tough spot given how close she was to them. If he was really concerned about these two, he should have got up and dealt with it himself instead of putting it on Aqua who despite being the most mature of the bunch, wasn't the right one emotionally for this job of keeping a eye on Terra and bringing Ventus home.
But here’s where you guys are mistaken, Ventus wasn’t in the wrong telling aqua off for doubting her friend, I forgot to mention this important detail to Tartarus about what ventus truly said to aqua back then, what ventus said in the original Japanese script was “that was mean Aqua” or “that was Cruel Aqua” he didn’t say something harsh like you’re awful Aqua, it’s just like how ventus in jp actually said parents but English changed it to grow ups, if anything what ventus said is justified telling her that was mean doubting terra, the English made him say something harsher to the point people disagreed with him.

Edit: what Ventus really said was
“that was awful Aqua”
“That was cruel Aqua”
“That was mean Aqua”
“That was harsh Aqua”
“That was uncalled for Aqua
“That was horrible Aqua”
“That wasn’t nice Aqua”
I know Japanese, The English translation changed it into you’re awful Aqua, so you see ven is not in the wrong he did not call her awful he said that was awful for her to jump to conclusions and he is right.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Well, this is at the point that you can only agree to disagree because nothing you're saying is convincing me to change my interpretation of that scene and the events that lead up to it, sorry. And capslock isn't going to move me.
Tartarus Both of you are right, but if the ventus part is the only thing that bothers you then don’t be, light and dark is right bout what ven said was a Bad translation. he didn’t say those terrible words to her in the original Language, same with Sora words of wisdom to xehanort in kh3, in English it was soo bad>< that was not the same line he said in Japanese.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
But here’s where you guys are mistaken, Ventus wasn’t in the wrong telling aqua off for doubting her friend, I forgot to mention this important detail to Tartarus about what ventus truly said to aqua back then, what ventus said in the original Japanese script was “that was mean Aqua” or “that was Cruel Aqua” he didn’t say something harsh like you’re awful Aqua, it’s just like how ventus in jp actually said parents but English changed it to grow ups, if anything what ventus said is justified telling her that was mean doubting terra, the English made him say something harsher to the point people disagreed with him.

Edit: what Ventus really said was
“that was awful Aqua”
“That was cruel Aqua”
“That was mean Aqua”
“That was harsh Aqua”
“That was uncalled for Aqua
“That was horrible Aqua”
“That wasn’t nice Aqua”
I know Japanese, The English translation changed it into you’re awful Aqua, so you see ven is not in the wrong he did not call her awful he said that was awful for her to jump to conclusions and he is right.
That's understandable with the translation change, but I still don't like that scene. It bothers me that neither Ventus or Terra supported Aqua becoming a Master and it came to a head with this argument. You can play Terra off with the jealousy card and I don't have a problem with the way he acted given what's going on, but I feel Ven should have played a neutral party trying to see both sides and cool them both down. Instead it feels like he and Terra double team Aqua trying to make her feel like garbage even though she's just doing her job, and if anything she's the one who starts back peddling trying to calm both Terra and Ventus down and explain things and neither would hear it. They condemned her for being a Master if anything.

I have no problem with friends fighting. The other trios fight a lot too. That's normal among friends. But the way this fight was done between Terra, Aqua, and Ven just rubbed me the wrong way in how it was executed.

Elysium

Awards
Nevertheless, it is the game we have. He says, "You're awful." Not "That was awful" or "You're awful for jumping to conclusions" (which she didn't even do, imo). It was "You're awful." And my reaction to that every time is, "Screw you, Ventus."

I think the BBS script is trash because that exchange felt out of place. Maybe it’s a localization issue, maybe it’s not but they went from 0 to 100 with no emotional pay off to that confrontation.
This is why BbS sucks. It's easily the worst KH game to me because everything about it is stilted and inorganic. No surprise the main villain debuts in this game, too, which is probably why I was never a fan of Xehanort either. I've spoken on here before how much the story is a letdown as a prequel as well. The only competition for bottom place for me is Days, but, while BbS has better gameplay, Days has a better story and chemistry between its characters. Aqua was really the only good thing to come out of BbS’ existence for me. Well, that, and I do at least like how those first three princess worlds were used, particularly Castle of Dreams.

Last edited:

Light and dark

That's understandable with the translation change, but I still don't like that scene. It bothers me that neither Ventus or Terra supported Aqua becoming a Master and it came to a head with this argument. You can play Terra off with the jealousy card and I don't have a problem with the way he acted given what's going on, but I feel Ven should have played a neutral party trying to see both sides and cool them both down. Instead it feels like he and Terra double team Aqua trying to make her feel like garbage even though she's just doing her job, and if anything she's the one who starts back peddling trying to calm both Terra and Ventus down and explain things and neither would hear it. They condemned her for being a Master if anything.

I have no problem with friends fighting. The other trios fight a lot too. That's normal among friends. But the way this fight was done between Terra, Aqua, and Ven just rubbed me the wrong way in how it was executed.
How were they supposed to celebrate? Both ventus and aqua were unhappy that terra failed and they felt that it will be insulting if they congratulate aqua while terra who failed is right there next to them, heck even Eraqus or xehanort we didn’t see any of them congratulate her so why blame ventus? Instead ven and aqua acted like good friends and concluded him, this Happens a lot in real life, if terra failed cause he lacked skills then that will be justified but Eraqus just told him that he has darkness inside of him and his obsessed with power, And what makes you think they didn’t congratulate her? After the exam there were scenes in the game that we didn’t see in cutscenes, if anything they were being realistic, terra’s dream was to be a keyblade master that’s his dream life and suddenly you were told that you failed cause your master is a bias brick, Aqua and ven we’re mature in this scene and instead of celebrating they thought about terra first, all the answers are really in front of you, as for the venture matter again it’s a stupid eng translate not the fault of the character, ventus didn’t call her awful he said that was awful and his right that was awful accusing a friend

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Ok I’m done lol I don’t get how this become a debate but you guys have a blast... bye and ventus still didn’t do anything wrong don’t touch my precious boy wretched vermin’s xD

Anyhow have fun!

Light and dark

Nevertheless, it is the game we have. He says, "You're awful." Not "That was awful" or "You're awful for jumping to conclusions" (which she didn't even do, imo). It was "You're awful." And my reaction to that every time is, "Screw you, Ventus."

This is why BbS sucks. It's easily the worst KH game to me because everything about it is stilted and inorganic. No surprise the main villain debuts in this game, too, which is probably why I was never a fan of Xehanort either. I've spoken on here before how much the story is a letdown as a prequel as well. The only competition for bottom place for me is Days, but, while BbS has better gameplay, Days has a better story and chemistry between its characters. Aqua was really the only good thing to come out of BbS’ existence for me. Well, that, and I do at least like how those first three princess worlds were used, particularly Castle of Dreams.
I wanted to rest from this but I just saw your message and huh had to rewrite this again, Tartarus just when I thought we both were in the same terms... I feel like you’re keep proving that you’re just a typical aqua fan who worship her...

Ok let’s start from the top shall we?

ventus didn’t say you’re awful aqua in the original Japanese script so you hating on him is not justified really, cause ventus said “that was awful Aqua” and that was justified wanna know why? Here is why let’s put it like this

Aqua: I have been into the same worlds as you and I have see what you have done,

Umm what did you see Aqua? Other then maleficent lies you saw nothing so why did you say worlds when you saw absolutely nothing other the. Believe the words of an obvious villain, what about you Tartarus can you justify this? Clearly you love aqua so can you tell me what did you see for you to agree with her? Cause I don’t remember seeing anything bad

Aqua: you shouldn’t put yourself close to the darkness

Hm aqua honey what makes you think terra fell into darkness or at least got close to it? You’re basically telling him he is doing awful things right to his face when his trying his best to please his master to past the test

So Again please tell meeeeee what did ventus say wrong? Ignore the false English translation, I’m talking about the original script the Japanese version tell me what did ventus say wrong? He said that was awful Aqua cause it WAS awful the way she said her friend was doing bad things behind their back, you said before something like I was looking for an excuse to hate on aqua and blame her for everything? Well no matter how I look at it you’re doing the same with ventus getting angry at him when his not wrong, don’t make excuse and look at the terrible misleading English translation, ventus said that was awful Aqua in the original script jp version

Let me demonstrate the situation between terra and aqua again In a different funnier way

Dad (terra)

Mom (Aqua)

Son (ventus)

Dad: I’m going out tonight to meet some friends

Mom: collage friends?

Dad: yea!

Mom: ok take care honey

Son: see you dad

Mom: why is he late what is he doing...

Dad: I’m back!

Mom: where were you...

Dad: I told you I’m meeting friends tonight...

Mom: why you take that long?

Dad: can’t help it we had soo much time to catch up we forgot about time

Mom: was that really all?

Dad: yea that is all

Mom: are you sure?

Dad: what do you mean?

Mom: I just want you to be honest with me...

Dad: I am honest?

Mom: how would I know?

Dad: cause I said so?

Mom: I don’t... you were with another woman weren’t you?

Dad: what? No I would never

Mom: then why did you take long to return

Dad: I told you we had a lot of time to catch up and we forgot about time?

Mom: I don’t believe you...

Dad: why are you accusing me of something when you have no more...

Mom: sniff sniff

Son: what is going on? Oh dad you’re home

Dad: hey sport

Mom: honey mommy and daddy are talking to to bed

Son: mom why are you crying?

Mom: nothing just go to bed

Son: what about dad?

Mom: dad will be sleeping in the couch tonight

Dad: (huh)

Son: what why that’s awful mom he will catch a cold

Dad: It’s ok sport listen to your mother, we will solve this problem tomorrow

Son: ok.. Good night dad

Dad: Good night son❤

The dad friend (xehanort) “when he explain to Xigbar that terra did not steal the heart”

Dad friend: we took too much of his time last night the poor guy might have trouble with his wife

Other friends (Xigbar and vanitas)

Other friends: True hahahahah

The end.

So you see ventus (son) calling what aqua (mom) did is awful and he was not wrong.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aqua had also just told Ven in Enchanted Dominion not to believe Maleficent's lies and that Terra wouldn't do such horrible things, so to Ven, her 180 feels really sudden and uncalled for. But Aqua as a character is a victim of internal bias, as both Eraqus and Ven are shown to favor Terra more.

Light and dark

Aqua had also just told Ven in Enchanted Dominion not to believe Maleficent's lies and that Terra wouldn't do such horrible things, so to Ven, her 180 feels really sudden and uncalled for. But Aqua as a character is a pretty big victim of internal bias, as both Eraqus and Ven are shown to favor Terra more.
finally thank you!! Yes they are all victims of xehanort and Eraqus, ventus telling her “that was awful Aqua” was justified cause aqua had a big faith in terra and suddenly she changed her mind and started doubting him, which is a cool cause those are flaws of a human but either way ventus was not in the wrong.

Back