• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Little Theory on Namine~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
All right, I would like to thank Anagram for getting me involved into another theory about Kingdom Hearts, but as this thread implies, it's about Namine.

First off, we know she's a special Nobody in a way that isn't possible due to specific needs like turning into a Heartless and turning into a Nobody with an such strong will and memories of their previous lives as their original selves and of course, lacking an heart.

Now, I'm sure you already know everything from Anagram in his Kingdom Hearts Dictionary somewhere here in the threads, so I won't go even more deeper than that. :)

But what struck me is that Namine is truly an enigma in every sense.. or is she?

My theory is that Namine is Kairi's missing memories of when she was little and sent to Destiny Islands in both ways due to Aqua's magic and Ansem pretty much kicking her out to outer space without any care in the world AND is the magic of Aqua's doing.

What I'm trying to say is that Aqua's magic that saved Kairi's life took a small role in creating Namine and why she is able to change people's memories through Sora. After all, she said it herself: She's a witch, able to control memories by linking and unlinking them.

I hope this made sense and I hope I did make sense to you readers, lol. ^_^

Please discuss!! \^o^/

Gram

Banned
Awards
I won't lie, the possibility of her being formed from memories can't be ruled out. After all the Unversed are Vanitas' negative emotions given physical form.

It'd actually be kinda ironic for her to be formed from memories while also lacking them personally.

Roxie1563

Awards
I won't lie, the possibility of her being formed from memories can't be ruled out. After all the Unversed are Vanitas' negative emotions given physical form.

It'd actually be kinda ironic for her to be formed from memories while also lacking them personally.

Oh, thank you for bringing up Vanitas, but yeah, that's something similar as to where I was aiming with Namine, lol.

It would be very ironic for her.. After all, this is just a little theory that could be right after all. *shrugs*

ok sunny

Awards
As much as I like reading theories on Namine, she was born at the same time as Roxas. (I doubt she'd want to hangout in Castle Oblivion or the Old Mansion for a decade lol).
But what I said is only applied unless you mean she was born from Kairi's memories at the ending of KH1, but Aqua's magic was just a supporting role in the creation of Namine.

Axel92

Awards
I wonder if Ven is involved too. Roxas and Namine born at the sime time, by the same body and Ventus heart influenced Roxas appearance, so maybe it would have influenced Namine too: she's blond (neither Kairi nor SOra are) and his dress is totally white like the chamber of awakening (and castle oblivion totally).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really hope Namine is in someway connected to memories. I always thought it odd how she was just able to manipulate memories at will. I mean, obviously given the Org. really special nobodies get a set of powers, but their powers stem from their weapons while Namine is just able to manipulate memories which is completely different, more pacifistic.

While it's interesting if Namine were a manifestation of Kairi's memories (if I'm understanding this right), it seems like memories are stored in the heart, hence why when people's hearts get taken over or altered, their memories are affected. So in terms of Kairi's memories I'd expect them to stay with her heart, not just the body.

However, like how Roxas was able to wield the keyblade through Sora, and how Axel kept the chalkrams through Lea, it would be interesting if Namine was somehow able to manipulate memories through Kairi. I mean, we still don't know the full capabilities of a PoH, but it's just a thought.

Jacobey

I hope she brought back 2 but idk do this mean she just chillin with everyone else out there? Like is she wit Ventus and Terra? We gonna see.

Roxie1563

Awards
I really hope Namine is in someway connected to memories. I always thought it odd how she was just able to manipulate memories at will. I mean, obviously given the Org. really special nobodies get a set of powers, but their powers stem from their weapons while Namine is just able to manipulate memories which is completely different, more pacifistic.

While it's interesting if Namine were a manifestation of Kairi's memories (if I'm understanding this right), it seems like memories are stored in the heart, hence why when people's hearts get taken over or altered, their memories are affected. So in terms of Kairi's memories I'd expect them to stay with her heart, not just the body.

However, like how Roxas was able to wield the keyblade through Sora, and how Axel kept the chalkrams through Lea, it would be interesting if Namine was somehow able to manipulate memories through Kairi. I mean, we still don't know the full capabilities of a PoH, but it's just a thought.

Yeah, you got it right. :)

It's too bad we hardly know much about her to make more assumption of this. :/

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's too bad we hardly know much about her to make more assumption of this. :/

Well as you stated, Namine is an enigma after all. There are many points left in limbo right now in the series and Namine is just a whole character pretty much suck there. Hopefully KH3 will tie up some loose ends for her ^_^

Roxie1563

Awards
Well as you stated, Namine is an enigma after all. There are many points left in limbo right now in the series and Namine is just a whole character pretty much suck there. Hopefully KH3 will tie up some loose ends for her ^_^

Agreed. There has to be something to her.. Maybe more.

Maybe when KH2.5 comes out, I'll be able to find more about her, even if it restates about her all over again. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Perhaps Namine took shape the same way Sora did when Kairi saved him from being a heartless. His body+soul had done made Roxas but he obviously gained another nearly if not just as human.

So perhaps the "magical girl mojo" used to save Sora also took effect as her heart left Sora when he stabbed himself. Though a PoH can't form heartless or nobodies due to lack of darkness Namine is said to have took form thanks in part to Sora.

Meaning, in a simpler sense, that maybe Sora going through the process of turning heartless/nobody affected Kairi's heart as it was leaving him.
However because Kairi's body nor heart can be lost to darkness naturally her memories and body+soul stayed with her so in defiance of all the sensible rules Namine just formed into existence.

In even simpler words the combination of Sora becoming a heartless/nobody along with the unique powers of Kairi's heart caused a nobody to form when it had nothing to form from.
Think of it as a side-effect if you would. Sora becomes a heartless, the process affects kairi as her heart leaves his body, poof a nobody born from nothing is born as Sora's own nobody is born from his body+soul.

Roxie1563

Awards
Perhaps Namine took shape the same way Sora did when Kairi saved him from being a heartless. His body+soul had done made Roxas but he obviously gained another nearly if not just as human.

So perhaps the "magical girl mojo" used to save Sora also took effect as her heart left Sora when he stabbed himself. Though a PoH can't form heartless or nobodies due to lack of darkness Namine is said to have took form thanks in part to Sora.

Meaning, in a simpler sense, that maybe Sora going through the process of turning heartless/nobody affected Kairi's heart as it was leaving him.
However because Kairi's body nor heart can be lost to darkness naturally her memories and body+soul stayed with her so in defiance of all the sensible rules Namine just formed into existence.

In even simpler words the combination of Sora becoming a heartless/nobody along with the unique powers of Kairi's heart caused a nobody to form when it had nothing to form from.
Think of it as a side-effect if you would. Sora becomes a heartless, the process affects kairi as her heart leaves his body, poof a nobody born from nothing is born as Sora's own nobody is born from his body+soul.

That would make sense. Jeez, Namine is starting to hurt my brain. xD

Prince Enigma

Wait, she's only just started to hurt your brain?

Wow, she caused me serious hurt in the thinking department way back in Chain of Memories. But yeah, I agree with Anagram on this matter of Namine. If anything it seems like the simplest means (as far as 'simple' goes in this series) to explain Namine.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Wait, she's only just started to hurt your brain?

Wow, she caused me serious hurt in the thinking department way back in Chain of Memories. But yeah, I agree with Anagram on this matter of Namine. If anything it seems like the simplest means (as far as 'simple' goes in this series) to explain Namine.

A pain that has been felt since the advent of kh2 and even this site. A headache that's never went away~

Whatever the real reasons be I do hope it's something as 'simple' as what I posted. I'd hate to see Namine actually become more complex than she is now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A pain that has been felt since the advent of kh2 and even this site. A headache that's never went away~

Whatever the real reasons be I do hope it's something as 'simple' as what I posted. I'd hate to see Namine actually become more complex than she is now.

Knowing Nomura and his knacks though, that could be exactly the way they will go in the future, not to mention that it could become an excuse to make Naminé more important again in the broader picture...<__<

Gram

Banned
Awards
Knowing Nomura and his knacks though, that could be exactly the way they will go in the future, not to mention that it could become an excuse to make Naminé more important again in the broader picture...<__<

TnT I know, thats what hurts most.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
TnT I know, thats what hurts most.

I've learned to live with that when it comes to Nomura, lol, he never goes the simple route if he can "prevent" it.
On another note, I am certainly not against Naminé taking on a more active/important role again at least in one or two games in the new saga, but of course I'd prefer if it were something new rather than cooking up old meals by again focusing on her origin et cetera.
Not to mention that, if she really gets restored as her own complete person by the very end of the Xehanort saga (the most important part, an own heart, she already owns), the issue what she originally was regardless if simple or complex should be inconsequential for the character in the future.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've learned to live with that when it comes to Nomura, lol, he never goes the simple route if he can "prevent" it.
On another note, I am certainly not against Naminé taking on a more active/important role again at least in one or two games in the new saga, but of course I'd prefer if it were something new rather than cooking up old meals by again focusing on her origin et cetera.
Not to mention that, if she really gets restored as her own complete person by the very end of the Xehanort saga (the most important part, an own heart, she already owns), the issue what she originally was regardless if simple or complex should be inconsequential for the character in the future.

I'm against it because like I'd rather have something new and I hope being restored whole makes her a normal girl without her powers cause honestly I'd rather her be resolved as a normal girl, NPC, thats getting to live that normal life she never got.
Same for Roxas and Xion. (I find Roxas most likely since he seemingly came to hate the keyblade and the situation it put him in for having one)

Prince Enigma

I'm against it because like I'd rather have something new and I hope being restored whole makes her a normal girl without her powers cause honestly I'd rather her be resolved as a normal girl, NPC, thats getting to live that normal life she never got.
Same for Roxas and Xion. (I find Roxas most likely since he seemingly came to hate the keyblade and the situation it put him in for having one)

Not to mention he never got to go to the beach...

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not to mention he never got to go to the beach...

If we don't get a scene with everyone at Destiny Islands beach in the end of KH3 I might actually rage a bit. Everyone wants to go to the beach, nobody get's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back