• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My opinion about kairi and how aqua could make her a better keyblade wielder and character. and what other characters could learn from aqua.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
my thoughts are that kairi learning from aqua could make her stronger and more experienced. and maybe aqua could tell her/show her what to do when she could be in trouble or something. and maybe if she goes to quadratum she could be more powerful thanks to aqua if she needs to help riku and sora if they are in trouble and she wouldn't be a damsel in distress, riku and sora would be lol.

i think that hayner, pence, and olette might be keyblade wielders since they can leave there world via gummi ship and knows what is out there. since they are original characters in kh, i think they should be given roles to help kairi and sora in the future.

i think that namine and isa should get keyblades and maybe learn from aqua. i really think namine and isa will be given important roles in phase 2 since isa is good again and namine is back.

and maybe its just me but i think that roxas, xion and lea/axel could learn from aqua, just to get better for phase 2. (and maybe ventus lol)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would prefer it if HPO, Namine, and Isa didn't become wielders in Phase 2 tbh. Especially Isa since I'd hate to see him give up his Claymore which is my favorite non Keyblade weapon in the series.

You can still have certain characters play an important role in the story without keyblades

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
my thoughts are that kairi learning from aqua could make her stronger and more experienced. and maybe aqua could tell her/show her what to do when she could be in trouble or something. and maybe if she goes to quadratum she could be more powerful thanks to aqua if she needs to help riku and sora if they are in trouble and she wouldn't be a damsel in distress, riku and sora would be lol.
That's the whole point. I mean, it was a very dumb decision for Yen Sid to have Lea and Kairi train by fighting each other with Merlin's occasional aid (or whatever he did besides going to the bistro). Merlin used magic to provide them a place with flexible time, but he's not a keyblade Master who could teach them properly anything other than magic. Lea was already a capable fighter but both him and Kairi were inexperienced with keyblades, what were they supposed to learn that way? Yen Sid summoned Kairi to train her after the events of Dream Dromp Distance and then didn't bother getting up his chair and left the work to Merlin... no wonder Kairi deflected to Aqua as soon as she had a chance, lol. Yen Sid is good enough as an encyclopedia but not suited for teaching.

i think that hayner, pence, and olette might be keyblade wielders since they can leave there world via gummi ship and knows what is out there. since they are original characters in kh, i think they should be given roles to help kairi and sora in the future.

i think that namine and isa should get keyblades and maybe learn from aqua. i really think namine and isa will be given important roles in phase 2 since isa is good again and namine is back.

and maybe its just me but i think that roxas, xion and lea/axel could learn from aqua, just to get better for phase 2. (and maybe ventus lol)
I'm not against Hayner, Pence and Olette staying relevant as supporting characters but we have enough keyblade trios and not every single character needs a keyblade to do useful stuff. I'd let them be what they already are.

Same with Isa. Lea already suffered from getting a keyblade when he was already a distinct, more than capable fighter with his chakrams... at least it looks like he still can use them. Saïx's Claymore is a cool and iconic weapon. I wouldn't trade his fierce fight style with a heavy weapon for another dull keyblade.

About Naminé, getting a keyblade would make sense for her because she was Kairi's nobody and because of the minority of female wielders one more is welcome, but if she still has her powers or there's another way she can help, I'm ok with that.

Roxas, Xion and Ventus are already very capable wielders, and Lea... well, he can transform his keyblade back into his chakrams and he should use those predominantly. I don't think there's much Aqua could teach them because unlike Kairi they're all experienced, unless they're interested in the Mark of Mastery. After Riku passed the exam Lea said he'd catch him in no time so there's that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Reducing Aqua to just "the mentor" is a gigantic waste of her character. It makes sense for Kairi to learn from her but handing Keyblades out to people who don't need them and dumping them on LoD's doorstep is a terrible scenario.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra would be a better LoD Keyblade school teacher in my opinion
I agree. He's grown a lot and learned from his experience, is great with kids, and actually did intend on becoming a teacher (at least to Riku).

That's not to say Aqua can't do the same, but she's still young and has her own dreams and goals. Leading the next generation may not be what she wants, just because she is in the position to do so doesn't mean she automatically needs to dedicate her life to it.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Would prefer it if HPO, Namine, and Isa didn't become wielders in Phase 2 tbh. Especially Isa since I'd hate to see him give up his Claymore which is my favorite non Keyblade weapon in the series.

You can still have certain characters play an important role in the story without keyblades
But what if he could transform hes key to his claymore?

Somnus cealum

Awards
That's the whole point. I mean, it was a very dumb decision for Yen Sid to have Lea and Kairi train by fighting each other with Merlin's occasional aid (or whatever he did besides going to the bistro). Merlin used magic to provide them a place with flexible time, but he's not a keyblade Master who could teach them properly anything other than magic. Lea was already a capable fighter but both him and Kairi were inexperienced with keyblades, what were they supposed to learn that way? Yen Sid summoned Kairi to train her after the events of Dream Dromp Distance and then didn't bother getting up his chair and left the work to Merlin... no wonder Kairi deflected to Aqua as soon as she had a chance, lol. Yen Sid is good enough as an encyclopedia but not suited for teaching.

I'm not against Hayner, Pence and Olette staying relevant as supporting characters but we have enough keyblade trios and not every single character needs a keyblade to do useful stuff. I'd let them be what they already are.

Same with Isa. Lea already suffered from getting a keyblade when he was already a distinct, more than capable fighter with his chakrams... at least it looks like he still can use them. Saïx's Claymore is a cool and iconic weapon. I wouldn't trade his fierce fight style with a heavy weapon for another dull keyblade.

About Naminé, getting a keyblade would make sense for her because she was Kairi's nobody and because of the minority of female wielders one more is welcome, but if she still has her powers or there's another way she can help, I'm ok with that.

Roxas, Xion and Ventus are already very capable wielders, and Lea... well, he can transform his keyblade back into his chakrams and he should use those predominantly. I don't think there's much Aqua could teach them because unlike Kairi they're all experienced, unless they're interested in the Mark of Mastery. After Riku passed the exam Lea said he'd catch him in no time so there's that.
Thank you for the feedback. I think if siax does get one he could transform hes key to his claymore like lea can transforms his to his fire doughnuts.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Kairi's only gonna get better when she has her own damn journey with Disney worlds and bosses and a final boss and all that jazz.
This is the truth.
Until Kairi proves herself I don't think the fans will be ready to put her on equal footing with Sora, Riku, Aqua etc.
She's been underwhelming, her training a joke and playing as her in the was a pain.
Once she has her own journey where she's not a damsel in distress and does more besides eating ice cream and sleeping, there's no way she's believable as a fighter.
I love Kairi, but her character arc in 3 was silly.
Sora's journey was believable because he had his journey. Give Kairi some Disney worlds and some antagonists to face, maybe even some sidekicks like Donald and Goofy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is the truth.
Until Kairi proves herself I don't think the fans will be ready to put her on equal footing with Sora, Riku, Aqua etc.
She's been underwhelming, her training a joke and playing as her in the was a pain.
Once she has her own journey where she's not a damsel in distress and does more besides eating ice cream and sleeping, there's no way she's believable as a fighter.
Sora's journey was believable because he had his journey. Give Kairi some Disney worlds and some antagonists to face, maybe even some sidekicks like Donald and Goofy.
While I'm kinda past believing in any real hope for her, I sorta see a possible scenario in the Quadratum game: It turns out there's no Disney worlds on the other side so a Kairi campaign is included to maintain a certain mandatory amount of Disneyness.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
But what if he could transform hes key to his claymore?
He'd probably still rely on the Keyblade form for a majority of his fights. I'd rather his Claymore be his fulltime weapon.
While I'm kinda past believing in any real hope for her, I sorta see a possible scenario in the Quadratum game: It turns out there's no Disney worlds on the other side so a Kairi campaign is included to maintain a certain mandatory amount of Disneyness.
If it turns out there are no Disney worlds in Quadratum it'd be cool if she went to the worlds of the other new PoH. Be interesting to play in Corona and Arendelle as Kairi

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The Aqua training Kairi scenario isn’t going to amount to anything in my opinion since I think it just an excuse Nomura is using so he doesn’t have to write or develop her character, given the way Nomura has handled Kairi character in the past I‘m not going to believe that Kairi is doing something useful that will improve her character just because Nomura says it he actually has to show that Kairi has grown stronger before I’ll believe it.

I really don’t want to see Hayner, Pence or Olette get Keyblades since we really don’t need anymore wielders. Although I know that when it comes to Isa he’s definitely going to end up getting one because of the Subject X plot line.

I think Roxas and Xion are strong enough already and don’t really need training and although Lea needs some more training with a Keyblade I would rather he just use his chakrams since KH3 proved he’s much better at using chakrams than using a Keyblade. As for Ventus he’s strong enough that he doesn’t really need training although I do think Ventus might get stronger in future games as him regaining his memories might give him access to abilities and powers he forgotten about.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with MATGSY that the only way for Kairi to really grow and get on even footing with the others is if she gets her own World hopping journey we get to play as her. Because just "training with Aqua" seems to be code for being benched while the boys are on a journey again.

Regarding HPO I prefer them to remain non-combative support characters. Sora, Kairi and Roxas' other worldly friends with ordinary lives.

I'd prefer Isa to just stick with his Claymore, but that seems unlikely to happen, same with Naminé. Though seeing she's a girl, she might just get a seat warmer for all the time she'll spend on the bench. With Isa, Lauriam and Elrena I imagine they'd be using Keyblade transformations not unlike what Axel/Lea did in KH3.

Somnus cealum

Awards
This is the truth.
Clarabelle and daisy. Or Minnie and daisy.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I agree with MATGSY that the only way for Kairi to really grow and get on even footing with the others is if she gets her own World hopping journey we get to play as her. Because just "training with Aqua" seems to be code for being benched while the boys are on a journey again.

Regarding HPO I prefer them to remain non-combative support characters. Sora, Kairi and Roxas' other worldly friends with ordinary lives.

I'd prefer Isa to just stick with his Claymore, but that seems unlikely to happen, same with Naminé. Though seeing she's a girl, she might just get a seat warmer for all the time she'll spend on the bench. With Isa, Lauriam and Elrena I imagine they'd be using Keyblade transformations not unlike what Axel/Lea did in KH3.
I hope namine will be important. Axel can transfrom his key into his charkrams

Somnus cealum

Awards
The Aqua training Kairi scenario isn’t going to amount to anything in my opinion since I think it just an excuse Nomura is using so he doesn’t have to write or develop her character, given the way Nomura has handled Kairi character in the past I‘m not going to believe that Kairi is doing something useful that will improve her character just because Nomura says it he actually has to show that Kairi has grown stronger before I’ll believe it.

I really don’t want to see Hayner, Pence or Olette get Keyblades since we really don’t need anymore wielders. Although I know that when it comes to Isa he’s definitely going to end up getting one because of the Subject X plot line.

I think Roxas and Xion are strong enough already and don’t really need training and although Lea needs some more training with a Keyblade I would rather he just use his chakrams since KH3 proved he’s much better at using chakrams than using a Keyblade. As for Ventus he’s strong enough that he doesn’t really need training although I do think Ventus might get stronger in future games as him regaining his memories might give him access to abilities and powers he forgotten about.
I agree that would be cool for ventus to unlock more powers. Maybe he can get his lost memory keyblade back when he get his memories back.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Yea, because that worked wonderfully for Naminè in KHIII by not being in the opening, being nothing but a skippable star in the base game, and coming back only in the end but utilized as a trophy to close another male character's arc [instead of her own] who she didn't even mention or care about since CoM ended. Oh, I guess Re:Mind actually used her model after the fact. I guess there's that. All because she's not in some trio or wields a weapon.

Axel/Lea never should have gotten a Keyblade, period. It adds nothing to his character and neither does it add anything of value to his powers, especially since he switches to the chakrams anyway. He only got one cause he's a male character in KH and he's popular, therefore gets favor.

Back