• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My ps2 may be cursed...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorakeyblade1

I wasn't sure where to pit this so don't flame me!

ok here's the deal:

I was playing my copy of KH2 on this past Friday. As i was about to finish off a boss, my tv went back to the screen as if i didn't turn on my ps2 and the power button was flashing red and wouldn't stop unless i turned off the back switch. I decided to leave it alone for a couple of days. Today I turn it on (working properly) and about 20 minutes into gameplay the same thing happens. Is my ps2 cursed?:confused:

~Leo~

Warranty? Doubt it's still valid, but there you go. Your PS2 is obviously broken.

The M.C.

JTTW
yeah probably broken, not cursed. i dunno, you could like check with a store or whatever.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Sorakeyblade1 said:
the thing is My dad got it for me like the day it came out or the day before (it is the old ps2 not the skinny one) it came in a bundle pack with 4 games and a dvd so i'm not sure about a warranty...
Theres your problem.

I'm guessing it wasn't retail eh?

Shadukai X

Banned
What you could do is take it apart, blow it out carefully with canned air, and reassemble it. My ps2 was kinda doing the same thing, is it an old ps2 or the slim ps2?

skilled keyblada

I advise that next time you go shopping go to a game store and ask them if they have heard of anything like your problem, if they haven't, bring it in to the store and shom them what you mean and see if they can do anything to try fix it. That's about all you can do :/

Sorakeyblade1

Shadukai_Xjoura said:
What you could do is take it apart, blow it out carefully with canned air, and reassemble it. My ps2 was kinda doing the same thing, is it an old ps2 or the slim ps2?

It's the old one (not the slim one)

wait...how DO you take a ps2 apart?

186 + 24 = 210 hours non gameplay...

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Shadukai_Xjoura said:
lol

Disc-drive's probably busted from playing too many DVDs.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's odd. When I was first reading it, I thought maybe the power cord was loose, got bumped, and turned off for a moment, but you said that the red light was flashing? I've never seen or heard of that before. RIDETHEPIG is probably right. I've heard that playing DVDs on the PS2 can mess it up. Wait a moment RTP, were you refering to movie DVDs or just DVDs in general? Most, probably all, PS2 games nowadays use DVD format, so that would be unavoidable. I don't know what to tell you man. Try and get it fixed, but it'll probably crap out again. Mine's been messing up for awhile too if that makes you feel any better.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
KH Vandread said:
That's odd. When I was first reading it, I thought maybe the power cord was loose, got bumped, and turned off for a moment, but you said that the red light was flashing? I've never seen or heard of that before. RIDETHEPIG is probably right. I've heard that playing DVDs on the PS2 can mess it up. Wait a moment RTP, were you refering to movie DVDs or just DVDs in general? Most, probably all, PS2 games nowadays use DVD format, so that would be unavoidable. I don't know what to tell you man. Try and get it fixed, but it'll probably crap out again. Mine's been messing up for awhile too if that makes you feel any better.
Movie DVDs.

And a PS2 DVD uses a different encryption protocol, so it won't damage the PS2.

DVD's were made for DVD players, while PS2 (dvd) games are for PS2s.

Santuary

Sorakeyblade1 said:
I wasn't sure where to pit this so don't flame me!

ok here's the deal:

I was playing my copy of KH2 on this past Friday. As i was about to finish off a boss, my tv went back to the screen as if i didn't turn on my ps2 and the power button was flashing red and wouldn't stop unless i turned off the back switch. I decided to leave it alone for a couple of days. Today I turn it on (working properly) and about 20 minutes into gameplay the same thing happens. Is my ps2 cursed?:confused:

Its probable just an old PS2. The same thing happened to my Dreamcast (even thow it was only about 2 years old at the time):confused:

Last edited:

Sorakeyblade1

RIDETHEPIG said:
Movie DVDs.

And a PS2 DVD uses a different encryption protocol, so it won't damage the PS2.

DVD's were made for DVD players, while PS2 (dvd) games are for PS2s.

But i don't play movie dvds on it...just games.

black at heart said:
here is the solution to all technical difficulties involving video games,tvs,computers,etc.

first you take a giant mallet and then........

YOU SMASH THE DANG THING TILL INTS IN A MILLION QUADRILLION TINY PIECES

and then buy a new one

My parents won't buy me one that quick-I'm broke SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Was your PS2 ever on during a lightning strike? Have you been using any non-licensed 3rd party acessories? I have the feeling that it could be a voltage problem.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
It's old, quite dated, and the first PS2s weren't that great either. They had lots of bugs and such, from what I read. Mostly, i'm amazed it's lasted this far.

However, with it shutting off like that, I'd have to say it's a problem with power, which is most likely irreparable. Sorry.

Sorakeyblade1

RIDETHEPIG said:
Was your PS2 ever on during a lightning strike? Have you been using any non-licensed 3rd party acessories? I have the feeling that it could be a voltage problem.

Nope and what do you mean by 3rd party accessories?

282 hours and counting:( ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back