• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My theory on Destiny Place

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Okay, I think that when Riku left Castle Oblivion, he found the Destiny Place keyblade as a remnant from Aqua being there. But he couldn't actually use it's power, because it wasn't meant for him. I think he felt the power within the keyblade and to him, it resembled the power within Kairi's heart, so it was meant to be with her. I think Aqua and Kairi are the only two who are qualified to wield this keyblade because their hearts share similar power. And I think the only reason that Riku was able to hold onto this keyblade without it disappearing from is 1. He is qualified to wield a keyblade in general, but he cannot use the power of this specific keyblade, and 2. His heart shares a strong connection with Kairi's, and the only way it would get to her, is from him.

Thoughs?? (Don't flame plzzz!!)

kaialone

it sounds plausible ,to me.But i dont think Nomura will explain where Riku found destiny´s place.He didnt care to explain why the soul eater transformed so why would he care to make up a backstory for ´Destinys place? .....Actually now that i think about it he may will,since he let DP have a connection to Aqua.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
It's actually not a bad thought, however, I doubt Nomura will explain something like that.

Samhain

Bronze Member
wait so the kairi gayblade and the keyblade aqua got are the same one or are they both made different?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I dunno. I just checked the cutscene where Riku first meets Xion at Beast's Castle and defeats her, and the weapon he was using was the Soul Eater. Wasn't it was the Soul Eater that transformed into Destiny Place?

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I dunno. I just checked the cutscene where Riku first meets Xion at Beast's Castle and defeats her, and the weapon he was using was the Soul Eater. Wasn't it was the Soul Eater that transformed into Destiny Place?
Exactly right
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?
There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
Soul eater tranformed into that keyblade. Now in the novel it says that Riku felt like past memories returning when he pulled out the keyblade.

Samhain

Bronze Member
no.

im pretty sure the soul eater changed into the way to the dawn while the kairis keyblade came from way to the dawn. u can interpret dat sentence differently

nomura could have said the soul eater changed to way to the dawn.

riku said he still called itsoul eater after it changed to way to the dawn so way to the dawn and soul eater r the same and so is kairis keyblade cuz it was made from way to the dawn but soul eater did not switch to destiny place. it changed to way to the dawn

WilliamTheWise

Website
im pretty sure the soul eater changed into the way to the dawn while the kairis keyblade came from way to the dawn.
We can't be sure Way to dawn existed at that point. Riku was still in Xehanort's heartless' form. He didn't summon the new keyblade until after the blast caused by Ansem the Wise's machine finally defeated the remins of Ansem the Seeker of darkness..

Samhain

Bronze Member
We can't be sure Way to dawn existed at that point. Riku was still in Xehanort's heartless' form. He didn't summon the new keyblade until after the blast caused by Ansem the Wise's machine finally defeated the remins of Ansem the Seeker of darkness..
way to the dawn was still here before that happened. he wielded way to the dawn the same time he was in xehanorts heartless form.

heres a video
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II - The World That Never Was - Part 2

go to
3:28-3:50

its the way to the dawn. not soul eater so the soul eater transformed into way to the dawn long before the world that never was and u can clearly see that riku is in xehanorts heartless form

WilliamTheWise

Website
its the way to the dawn. not soul eater so the soul eater transformed into way to the dawn long before the world that never was and u can clearly see that riku is in xehanorts heartless form
lol, I stand corrected then.
So it goes
Soul Eater -> Way To Dawn -> Destiny's place
So somewhere between The land of Dragons and The World that never was soul eater changed.
Either way, Riku didn't find the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back