• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Myers-Briggs personality test

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagayaki

Awards
You have probably taken one of these before, either at school for a career fair or a counselor's office. Or, on the internet out of curiosity. Do you think they're accurate? Or do you think they're limiting you and controlling your destiny? Interestingly enough, the Myers-Briggs personailty types are based on the Zodiac! Yeah, you can tell by all the categories. It's similar to the categories that the signs are in.

Myself, I have the rarest and weakest personality type: INFP. I found that out when I was 12 and starting to live in doctor's office. I learned that I couldn't be a singer, voice actress, or businesswoman, and that was fine with me, I guess. I hate math, and sometimes people just really are terrible to deal with. I still have fantasies of being loved, popular, this other amazing person who is Not Me. A long while after that, when I was at this career thingy, I saw this other INFP write on his paper that he wanted to major in business. I thought that maybe he was being forced to, or he thought that was his only option to make money. ...But now that I'm more skilled in social issues, that may not even be the case. I think that if there were more INFPs in the business and entertainment world, or at least, if the environment was more accommodating to humanitarian and gentle interests, the economy wouldn't be so bad.

I really like that one episode of MLP where Fluttershy tries to assert herself, but fails miserably and loses all her friend because she becomes too aggressive. It's much more realistic, and just like my life. I can't raise my voice at all, even in the slightest, because it very easily seems like I'm yelling. And when I'm angry, I always turn out to be a bully.

There's this thing on DeviantART called "How to Deal with Introverts". It's so refreshing after seeing so many tips on being more outgoing and asseritive, and trying to mold yourself into this standard that the business world created. I read that lots of famous people are actually very sensitive, and sometimes very introverted when they're not at the camera.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Personality tests, even ones like MBTI, are fun and can give a broad approximation of someone's personality (though accuracy varies from person to person, obviously); but it's important to remember that they are just that: An approximation. Interesting as it is, don't let a personality test dictate your life. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Also, I'm reasonably sure they aren't based on the Zodiac. They may be correlated (both give labels to broad personality categories, after all), but to say that MBTI is based on the Zodiac just doesn't ring true. Maybe I'm wrong.

On a related note: INTJ

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I had an English teacher who made the whole class take the test so we could "understand more about ourselves". We had to bring printouts so we could prove that we took the test, and the next day he was disappointed that we only brought in our test results. He didn't just want our results, he wanted us to bring a whole bunch of internet reseach as "proof we were getting to know ourselves" which just meant making a whole bunch of printouts of the same information, just worded differently.

I bring a whole bunch of printouts next class and he doesn't even look at them. Turns out we weren't even being graded, it was just "self enrichment" work. Self enrichment work to tell me what personality I have and told me nothing I didn't already know.

Me and that teacher didn't get along in particular. I'm an INTP btw, which clashed with his extroverted teacher/mentor persona thing which he was proud of. For someone who really pressed the test he doesn't seem all too aware of the personality types himself. He just saw my 100% introversion result and tuted me, lol.

Last edited:

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
INTJ i would not be surprised if a majority of khi were introverts though.

D

Deleted member 36435

I am INTJ
this surprises the following people:

Noel

Awards
When I took it a few months ago I got ENFP. Which is coincidently Andrew Garfield's personality trait too. I squealed. <3

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I took the test and it turns out that I'm INFJ person.

Interesting to know I'm like Martin Luther King, Jr. :D

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I took the test twice, and both times, it said INFP. I'll admit, I'm still not too sure; some parts I really agree with, and others I'm not seeing that well. Oh well, they say that the test is a broad strokes on the personality types, right? You can get the fiery INFPs!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Yeah, don't worry about these things not being accurate to a T because they're just broad observations. I don't know enough about the MB test to go into detail but the letters stand for certain personality traits. For example, I'm sure you all have noticed that all the types begins with either "E" or "I". Those letters stand for "Extroverted" and "Introverted" and how extroverted or introverted someone is is going to depend from person to person.

The same applies for the rest of the representative letters which all stand for traits that vary and will be stronger in some people than in others. Likewise, being in a certain group won't exclude you from having other personality traits, they just might not be as prominent. If you feel you're results are off, try looking to the personality type right next to yours under the same grouping that has the same first letter of your own. It might describe the "missing" traits that your results didn't provide.

I'm primarily an INTP but there are some chunks that don't resonate with me either, but my neighboring INTJ has them. A test I took on another website gave the results in percentages and showed that my latter letter, "P", was very close to a "J".

My personality is more of a bastard combination of the INTP and INTJ, missing chunks in both types, but each fills in the other. :p

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yeah, don't worry about these things not being accurate to a T because they're just broad observations. I don't know enough about the MB test to go into detail but the letters stand for certain personality traits. For example, I'm sure you all have noticed that all the types begins with either "E" or "I". Those letters stand for "Extroverted" and "Introverted" and how extroverted or introverted someone is is going to depend from person to person.

The same applies for the rest of the representative letters which all stand for traits that vary and will be stronger in some people than in others. Likewise, being in a certain group won't exclude you from having other personality traits, they just might not be as prominent. If you feel you're results are off, try looking to the personality type right next to yours under the same grouping that has the same first letter of your own. It might describe the "missing" traits that your results didn't provide.

I'm primarily an INTP but there are some chunks that don't resonate with me either, but my neighboring INTJ has them. A test I took on another website gave the results in percentages and showed that my latter letter, "P", was very close to a "J".

My personality is more of a bastard combination of the INTP and INTJ, missing chunks in both types, but each fills in the other. :p
Thank you--you and Nyangoro were able to express what I was having a hard time putting into words. Personality tests such as these (it seems to me) are designed to put people into very broad boxes, with all the challenges and problems that come with that. It's like playing a game of "20 questions," but with a human being instead of an object--sometimes you get the right answer, sometimes you get a rock.

And I've forgotten what my test results were--I remember I was heavily Introverted, fairly Intuitive (though that result seems incomplete to me), and pretty close to even on whatever the other two values were.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
7d60b7b965dc9e8152e6b5859221e60e-d70ivi9.jpg

for those who were curious.

As for myself, ISTJ. Which I claim is accurate to the end, but my mother claims I'm ESTJ. My need to recharge after talking to people for more than 2 hours at a time kind of goes against that lol

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
ESFP "the performer"

i've literally always been this type for as long as i can remember! and for anyone here who knows me it probably is not a shocker...

Rael_Oblivion

I'm a mix of INTJ and ISTJ. I've taken the MB test multiple times, and get one of those two answers. Usually it's more skewed toward ISTJ, but I have very strong secondary INTJ traits that can become primary depending on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back