• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Myst for PSP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did you like Myst?

• Of course, I thought it was great.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No way, it's too boring.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never played Myst.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Hey everyone, I was just at Gamespot and I saw a link up on the homepage leading to news about the upcoming PSP version of the classic Puzzle/RPG, Myst.

I dont know if this really means anything to you, but I'm actually a little excited. IMO Myst is one of the greatest PC games ever created, and I'm really glad that it's going to be coming back again after all these years, and on a handheld system even.

Keep in mind, this isn't one of those unbearably long Myst sequels(like Riven, Exile, etc.) or a brand new game, it's really just a port of the original Myst.

Unfortunately, there's no word yet on when it'll be coming out in the U.S., but the japanese version of Myst PSP is coming out on June 15, 2006.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I know that the graphics always been very good. And puzzle games can be quite awesome... Like Zelda and PoP who both uses the puzzle elements...

S

Shadow Soldier

I never tried a myst, I just know that they are very good. So depending on what I hear about this game, I am probably gonna rent it, and If I like it.. eventually buy it XD

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

New2Ya said:
I know that the graphics always been very good. And puzzle games can be quite awesome... Like Zelda and PoP who both uses the puzzle elements...
Oh, believe me, Myst focuses a lot more on puzzles than Zelda or PoP. I gotta be honest with you though, if you only like puzzles when they're scattered across action/adventure games like Zelda and PoP, then I'd suggest not playing Myst. Myst has absolutely no combat system at all. There are no monsters, enemies, weapons, attacks, or anything.

If I had to relate Myst to something, I'd have to relate it to those online flash games in which you have to find your way out of a room/building/island/etc. That's basically what Myst is, except for 2 differences:
1. Myst is much longer.
2. Myst is more difficult and takes even more thinking than those flash games.

roXIIIas

Website
www.myspace.com
man, myst for psp? that would be tight. it was my favorite game on pc back when it first came out. my teacher always let me play it in school when it came out. those were the good old days.
and yeah, graphics for those games have always been very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back