• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NA Sales...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How much do you think it'll sell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone else worried about the NA sales for BbS... with all the pirates on the internet... >.>

Thank god Disney is reinforcing the UMD to try to stop piracy, but it'll leak eventually. And did anyone else see the NA sales for Peace Walker? They're... not as expected.

VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

I'm not sure if these list the downloads or not, lol

I'm sure it'll do good, it's just that theres still a small chance. ._. I mean, look at Dissidia.

Anyway, what do you guys think it'll sell? I think it'll sell about the same in Japan and NA. :p (by that I mean it'll sell about 800k to 1 mil.)

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh wow. I expected Peace Walker to have sold so much more than just 222,726 units in NA.

Well, KH is more popular here than in Japan, and considering all the hype that's been building up, no doubt it'll sell well. But yeah, the piracy does bother me. I mean, there will always be illegal downloads, but I really don't want to see another Dissidia. That was just depressing -_-

Here's to hoping they made our BBS even tougher to crack than the Japanese one.

Musical charm

Oh wow. I expected Peace Walker to have sold so much more than just 222,726 units in NA.

Well, KH is more popular here than in Japan, and considering all the hype that's been building up, no doubt it'll sell well. But yeah, the piracy does bother me. I mean, there will always be illegal downloads, but I really don't want to see another Dissidia. That was just depressing -_-

Here's to hoping they made our BBS even tougher to crack than the Japanese one.

oh yea, me too, but I'm sure the NA sales will be high.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
VG Chartz is not a reputable source for game sales.

Regardless, simply because of the PSP software situation, BBS, despite being the much, much better game (possibly even better than KH1), will not outsell Days.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
those first week Peace walker sales arn't right, it only sold 52,000 for the entire month of June and i doubt online sales were any better
NPD: Peace Walker Sells Only 52,000 Copies in June | PSP World
Its so sad such a great game sold so poorly

i am kinda worried about BBS sells in NA. i think it can chart in its first month but afterward we'll have to see. I'm going to be hope for at least 500k in NA.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Regardless, simply because of the PSP software situation, BBS, despite being the much, much better game (possibly even better than KH1), will not outsell Days.

Why is that? Unless you mean that because more people own a DS that it won't do better than... yeah, I guess I can see you're point.
Days is probably the only KH game that I consider to be both under-rated and over-rated at the same time.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Why is that? Unless you mean that because more people own a DS that it won't do better than... yeah, I guess I can see you're point.
Days is probably the only KH game that I consider to be both under-rated and over-rated at the same time.

he means that it being on the psp means it will sell less because of the piracy and lack of general interest in psp. Although to be fair the DS has a piracy problem too but Days still managed to sell well. I don't know if BBS can outsell days or not, we'll really have to, again, wait and see how BBS does and if the audience for the game exist on that platform.

Days did vey good for a spin-off KH game, that makes me happy

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
audience for the game exist on that platform.

Days did vey good for a spin-off KH game, that makes me happy

There is no such thing as a Kingdom Hearts spin-off game. A spin-off means that it has no point to the story whatsoever and is only there just for filler. Days does have a point to it and it is referenced in BBS that Coded, Days, and BBS all play major roles in building up what is possibly going to be KH3 (or KH4, whichever you prefer to call it)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think the sales will be good, but people will always find a way to download it illegally.

I was so ticked off at one of my friends the other day. He downloaded Crisis Core illegally last week and his excuse was "Oh, well I deleted it after I beat the game so it's all good!" and then today he said "The only reason I'm buying the English version is to understand the story" to which I replied "...AND to pay for it legally instead of stealing it like you did the Japanese version, right? >_>"

*sigh* I really hate pirates... except this one:
[video=youtube;3AzpByR3MvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AzpByR3MvI[/video]

αsiя

space coke
Birth by Sleep has a strong security to it, which is the reason why the Japanese version of BBS took months to hack.

The English version will be the same, unless what it took to hack the Japanese version can be done the same to the English version. If so then BBS will sell bad, not that bad but not as good as Days.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
There is no such thing as a Kingdom Hearts spin-off game. A spin-off means that it has no point to the story whatsoever and is only there just for filler. Days does have a point to it and it is referenced in BBS that Coded, Days, and BBS all play major roles in building up what is possibly going to be KH3 (or KH4, whichever you prefer to call it)

fine interquel then, i'm just glad it sold well and i hope re:coded sells well too. That has potential because it has sora in it...sorta

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5240626 said:
Birth by Sleep has a strong security to it, which is the reason why the Japanese version of BBS took months to hack.

The English version will be the same, unless what it took to hack the Japanese version can be done the same to the English version. If so then BBS will sell bad, not that bad but not as good as Days.

True. I think someone said the game checked for CFW 4 times: One for starting the game (the red bar that says "Auto-save" which is a big lie since auto-save doesn't exist in the game), another one for every time you complete a world, another one for beating a scenario, and another one before each cutscene.

The one problem is that since the Japanese version is already hacked... surely they could just do what they did for the Japanese version and hack the English version quickly... here's hoping that they tightened the security a little more.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think it'll sell better than Days, mainly because it's being marketed a lot better. I doubt it'll reach KH2's sales though.

I belive it will as well because it is getting more hype then Days in almost every aspect. Plus, pirating is much higher on the DS system I believe, not saying it isn't high on the PSP though. I think this will sell a lot solely depending on how hard they make this to hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back